Level to start tanking

I rolled this as my new main to be a tank and ive never had more fun in a video game before.
However the lack of a high armor number and no ability to remove stagger until 75 worries me somewhat. Even though I know it shouldnt a problem with our abilities.
But is there a level where its best to start tanking?
I would love to start once i hit outland.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I started tanking right away. It is really simple to do, but just about everyone i've come across in instances is a brewmaster monk, so everyone's fighting for aggro.
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk
Been tanking in random dungeons since I dinged 15. Only died once (I'm 22 now), and that was just because the healer dropped mid boss fight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Monk
Damage isn't exactly a big issue until 80, I imagine, because healers tend to be VERY strong at lower levels.

That doesn't give you a free pass to be nonsensical though. And you get guard at 26 and with heirlooms, you'll almost always have it up 100% of the time.

Not 100%, but close enough.
Reply Quote
Monks can tank easily at 15.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I suspect raiding would be more difficult tanking with a young monk than other classes. However dungeons shouldn't be an issue. For the most part, you will probably lead in dps as tank in your 5mans until DK's are introduced to the randoms.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]