Scourged Whelpling phased?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
So when I fly over to Argent Tournament I see a ton of little Scourged Whelplings as well as markers on my mini map but then I land and fly over and they're all gone.

Does anybody know if they're in a different phase? Has anybody here caught a scourged whelpling without having ever quested in Icecrown, or perhaps opposite after having done everything in Icecrown? Any help is appreciated.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Bump for great justice!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
It's a Cross-Realm Zone problem, not phasing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
For the record I've tried with both my 81 Worgen who's never been to Icecrown and my 85 Warlock who has about 88 quest done there. Neither can see them when at Sin's fall but both can when flying over using the flight path.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
09/27/2012 05:28 PMPosted by Shalura

What do you mean? How does that affect my capacity to see them?
Edited by Arganis on 9/27/2012 5:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It means this....(I think)***:

While you are buzzing around Azeroth, you sometimes get transported to other realms due to the new cross-realm magic.
Let's say I'm person A and some other guy is person B.
Person A is flying around Scholozar Basin on Wyrmrest Accord.
Person B is flying around Icecrown on Moon Guard, but there's nobody else there on Wyrmrest Accord.

Person A wants to go to Icecrown but instead of staying on Wyrmrest, they get transported to Moonguard.

There could have been any number of whelplings flying around on Wyrmrest Accord but now that Person A is in Moon Guard, they can't see them.

Why? Because Icecrown already had someone there in Moon Guard but Wyrmrest Accord didn't.

***This is to my best understanding and is purely hypothetical.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/27/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Arganis
For the record I've tried with both my 81 Worgen who's never been to Icecrown and my 85 Warlock who has about 88 quest done there. Neither can see them when at Sin's fall but both can when flying over using the flight path.

Arganis is right. I took the flight master from Dalaran to the Argent Tourney on my priest [main], whom has completed all of the Icecrown quests 3 1/2 years ago, my mage whom has half of the quests done and my dk whom has zero Icecrown quests done. Regardless what phase the three toons are in, I can see the scourged whelplings when I take the flight master (flying over Sindragosa's Fall). When I land and fly/ride out there myself, I can no longer see the whelplings, on ANY of the three toons. This is NOT a phasing issue; it IS a CRZ issue. Need a GM to please advise when this will be fixed, thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I tried using 2 diff CRZ and nada. According to wowhead the respawn is absolutelly horrible :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
There were 4 Scourged Whelplings on my server on a flightpath! It's right there but then when you land you are spit in the face by CRZ. Please don't turn pets into a time lost proto drake camping spawn. Not everyone has time to sit in a zone for weeks on end hoping for one to spawn. I have school during Tuesday maintenance so I can't be there to nab one.

This is ridiculous. I understand the Zookeeper title is prestigious but how is making someone sit there for days and days doing nothing competing against other servers show prestige other than having more time or better luck with that time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
09/27/2012 05:34 PMPosted by Arganis

What do you mean? How does that affect my capacity to see them?

When you are on the flight path you are on one realm and when you land you are sent to a different realm(whichever one is currently hosting the zone.)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Please fix this.

A pet that can only realistically be captured immediately after a server reset is not compelling or fun gameplay. Especially for those of us who have jobs and are working when the servers come up after Tuesday maintenance.
Edited by Weetzie on 10/17/2012 8:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
Just hope for blizard to do the reboot frenzy that comes with a major patch
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Wait, what? You're telling me that there are PLENTY of whelplings on my server (I counted 7 on the flight path between Dal and AT), but upon landing in Argent Tournament, I get zapped into a server that has zero? Anyone else see this as a fundamental game flaw?
If 5 realms are sharing the CRZ, does that not mean that 5 servers worth of people are farming 1 server while the the other 4 servers are untouched? Where's the sense in that?
Edited by Cataryn on 11/3/2012 10:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yup.

If you look at the server time - odds are after you land, it'll change. You're no longer on the server you saw the spawn(s) on. In essence - the zone isn't phased, but like in Star Trek - you were transported to an alternate dimension on landing.

Same issue exists for rare spawns - and was the way some people "gamed" the darkmoon rabbit raids. If they were on a low pop server, they'd initiate the group on their server with friends on high pop servers.

It's VERY annoying to say the least. I don't mind normal healthy competition for spawns of any sort - but not even being able to tell if there IS a spawn when flying in, because you're popped to a different zone upon landing is irritating.
Reply Quote
Ok... When you take a flight path over certain areas and see battle pets on the ground, that aren't there when you fly there via your mount, or walk there, is when you are on the flight path, you are on your "home server/realm" but when fly back on your own mount, are then on the Cross Realm Server. Simple as that
Reply Quote
Please fix this.

A pet that can only realistically be captured immediately after a server reset is not compelling or fun gameplay. Especially for those of us who have jobs and are working when the servers come up after Tuesday maintenance.

yeah totally agree, thats a stupid thing and it's not Cooool at all,we suppose have a option to choose enable or disable Cross Realm Zones. or u should make it like, the resources repawn frequency (ore,herbs,pets) it's time to the number of realms
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
I, 100%, can assure you that this is INDEED a phasing issue. I have Sindragosas's Fall ON FARM on 4 toons across 2 servers. I finally put in a ticket and spoke with a GM who said "I am seeing a problem with your quests." I got to ~130 quests (Particularly, after the quest "Sindragosa's Fall") and was burned out. Logged out, came in this morning:

Round-about 25 Scourged Whelplings, got a rare on my 4th battle. And I personally could see people coming from the west side of the zone, hitting the shelf of the section, phasing out, and disappearing.

IF YOU WANT THIS PET:
Do not go on a rant about CRZ. It's NOT the case, you are a moron. If anything you can thank CRZ and the battlegroups associated with them for over-spawning these things. Stop being lazy, and finish icecrown.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

IF YOU WANT THIS PET:
Do not go on a rant about CRZ. It's NOT the case, you are a moron. If anything you can thank CRZ and the battlegroups associated with them for over-spawning these things. Stop being lazy, and finish icecrown.

Your experience could well be coincidental.

I got a whelpling not long after they came out. - Not that I'm calling them gay or anything, I mean not long after the patch introducing them. I had no idea they were rare, just flew over, saw about a dozen and killed them all in the process of finding my rare. That morning I'd had shrimp dumplings for breakfast, so obviously everyone who doesn't have a whelpling have been such lazy barstools they can't be bothered eating the necessary shrimp dumplings before searching.

By the way, I had not done any questing in Icecrown.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I, 100%, can assure you that this is INDEED a phasing issue. I have Sindragosas's Fall ON FARM on 4 toons across 2 servers. I finally put in a ticket and spoke with a GM who said "I am seeing a problem with your quests." I got to ~130 quests (Particularly, after the quest "Sindragosa's Fall") and was burned out. Logged out, came in this morning:

So, not only are you bringing back a thread from September, that has already been answered, you're giving the wrong answer, and being belligerent about it.

Good luck with that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]