Quiraji Guardling

90 Night Elf Hunter
So since this thing only spawns in the summer and Mists of Pandaria (and Pet Battles along with it) came out after the summer ended, does anyone else see this as an asinine way to make sure no one can get the Zookeeper title until June? I just realized that this is the case, and I'm pretty unhappy about it.
Reply Quote
87 Worgen Death Knight
I saw it / thought of it last night. Another crappy FORCED time hook. Just cancel subscription when you want, and then pick it back up later.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Some achievements require a time commitment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/28/2012 07:53 AMPosted by Rescind
Some achievements require a time commitment.

IE: The 'every holiday achievement' meta.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Got 6 months to get the owls from Winterspring in the mean time.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
And if MoP cam out right as summer hit you would be here complaning that no one could get the pets that spawn in the winter.

I think having these types of "conditioned spawned pets" is nifty personally.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
I think some of the "conditioned spawned pets" as Timat put it are pretty awesome but the seasonal ones require more commitment than I care for. Planning to do stuff in a video game months in advance seems kind of wacky to me, personally.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
09/28/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Dakara
I think some of the "conditioned spawned pets" as Timat put it are pretty awesome but the seasonal ones require more commitment than I care for. Planning to do stuff in a video game months in advance seems kind of wacky to me, personally.

You dont need to "plan" for it really.

Summer is how long? Assuming you log in at least once during that time you will have a reasonable shot at getting the pet. I havent "planned" any play time, but I am more than sure I will have at least SOME time during the summer to catch the thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
No, I would have no issue if this came out in Summer. However, I have never stayed with the game for more than 4 months at a time. Having it wait a few months isn't a big deal because there are other things to work at until then. However, I'll have all of this content comsumed in NINE months, and I'll probably have left by February from boredom again.

I agree that there is a coolness to the limited spawns, but I am also not a fan of forcing difficulty in the form of making us wait an incredibly long time. I've totally been putting the work in for this since Tuesday, even resubbed to do it. That's where it becomes really annoying--I'm putting the work and not getting rewarded because of a weird time constraint.

As for the whole planning, I got my last time card LAST September, meaning it ended in November. I then got 7 free days in December, a Scroll (another 7 days) in April, and 7 free days a week ago (Blizzard mistakenly locked my account and gave me a free week as compensation). So you say you WILL be here for the summer, but I wasn't. I didn't subscribe for 10 months.
Edited by Lilfrier on 9/28/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Is there a list somewhere of which pets are "seasonal" like this?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I find those "realm first" messages really demotivating, so I prefer it this way.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
In the game, winter runs Sept 22-Mar 21. Summer runs Mar 22-Sept 21.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]