paladin tank damage is to low

90 Human Paladin
i am see whan i go kill some thing. it can go for 1min

in pvp in Cataclysm get a guy down 3 min. now 6 to 10 min i am sorry but WTF
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
Hang on. I'll translate.

When I kill something in PvE, it can go for a full minute.

In Cataclysm PvP, I could kill someone in 3 minutes. Now it takes 6 to 10. I'm sorry, but wtf?

All of this is silly of course, but I shouldn't need to go into why.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I logged on to say something... but... yeah, nevermind.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Questing is painfull as a tank, but if you have plenty of mobs to pull, get 5-6 or more then your dps goes way up. of course right now you can barely find one mob much less 5-6
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
09/28/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Uñbreakable
Questing is painfull as a tank, but if you have plenty of mobs to pull, get 5-6 or more then your dps goes way up. of course right now you can barely find one mob much less 5-6

What zones are you questing in?

I'm swimming in mobs from Jade Forest through Townlong Steppes through Valley of the Four Winds through Dread Wastes through...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
09/28/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rijdot

What zones are you questing in?

I'm swimming in mobs from Jade Forest through Townlong Steppes through Valley of the Four Winds through Dread Wastes through...

Come to area 52.....1200+ person que to log on. everything is camped. Not complaining but stating a fact.
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
09/28/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Uñbreakable
Come to area 52.....1200+ person que to log on. everything is camped. Not complaining but stating a fact.

I leveled in Wrath and Cata on a52 Horde side. It's populated, but it's not so bad as to make it impossible to AoE grind, especially with the range Judgment has and the way HotR can reset leash radii now.
Edited by Rijdot on 9/28/2012 11:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Find a DPS to quest with, makes everything infinitely faster. Though you *might* get jealous at how fast they can kill a mob.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
I've found that my druid seems to hit way harder than my paladin tank.

At first I didn't care, but now I'm starting to see the "gold" challenge runs, and all the top tanks are DK/Druid :/
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Go Ret for questing/PvP? I mean we have a dual spec and no good reason to have two prot specs now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Welcome to the world of Prot, I did it alone. Don't expect it to be fun though.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Death Knight
Its always fun to do a kill 8 of this mob quest in one pull.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 11:04 AMPosted by Rijdot
Questing is painfull as a tank, but if you have plenty of mobs to pull, get 5-6 or more then your dps goes way up.

What zones are you questing in? I'm swimming in mobs from Jade Forest through Townlong Steppes through Valley of the Four Winds through Dread Wastes through...

It's not zone-based, but quest-dependent. Some make it really easy to just scoop up mobs with a very fast refresh time and large, homogenous groups. In other areas, they will leash and evade bug if you try to pull one mob to the next. Of course, on a high-pop server like mine, indiscriminate aoe in some quests would pick up 2 or 3 untagged mobs of the kind I want, a bunch of already tagged ones, a bunch of ones that the quest giver doesn't care about, and a couple of very unamused hordies. ;)

09/29/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Blizzhoof
Go Ret for questing/PvP? I mean we have a dual spec and no good reason to have two prot specs now.

I'm MS Holy/OS Prot for raiding, and have actively raided as both. Picking up Ret would require forgoing quest rewards for one or the other (which doesn't matter as much now, but would in Dread Wastes/TownLong).

I go prot in ret gear (except for weapon/shield) for quests that allow bigger pulls, and shockadin for the ones that lend themselves to 1-3 mobs at a time, since it does better single-target DPS in a questing situation. Dungeon DPS seems to be acceptable, but Paladin tanks in general are considerably lower DPS than Blood DK/Bear when I'm healing (on my other two toons, I've only healed on this one when queuing with a tank).
Reply Quote
86 Orc Warlock
09/30/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Mistana
I'm MS Holy/OS Prot for raiding, and have actively raided as both. Picking up Ret would require forgoing quest rewards for one or the other (which doesn't matter as much now, but would in Dread Wastes/TownLong).

I found that, in Dread Wastes and Townlong, the quests generally offered both the Tank and the DPS reward. (I'm a Prot Warrior main but levelled as Arms). For example, the Shoulder/Helm/Belt/Chest/Boots mentioned in Celyn's guide - I got all of them questing as Arms.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's not zone-based, but quest-dependent. Some make it really easy to just scoop up mobs with a very fast refresh time and large, homogenous groups. In other areas, they will leash and evade bug if you try to pull one mob to the next. Of course, on a high-pop server like mine, indiscriminate aoe in some quests would pick up 2 or 3 untagged mobs of the kind I want, a bunch of already tagged ones, a bunch of ones that the quest giver doesn't care about, and a couple of very unamused hordies. ;)

There's literally no area that I've been in where you can't pick up 6 or so mobs all around you. Granted, some of the mobs may not be directly related to the quest you're working on at the time, but hey more Spriits of Harmony.

I found that, in Dread Wastes and Townlong, the quests generally offered both the Tank and the DPS reward. (I'm a Prot Warrior main but levelled as Arms). For example, the Shoulder/Helm/Belt/Chest/Boots mentioned in Celyn's guide - I got all of them questing as Arms.

Especially the good rewards, the 440 blues and stuff, definitely have the option regardless.
Edited by Slashlove on 9/30/2012 9:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
09/28/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Uñbreakable

has not been painful for me since late bc on any of the tanks i've played (and i've leveled and raided in all of the tank classes, sans monk.. for the next maybe week and a half or so ;) ) and to me, all you gotta do is pull more stuff and burninate aoe. Also tanks tend to be harder to put down in pvp when played well, so there's that benefiet if you're on a pvp server (especially guardians and blood dks.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/30/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Slashlove
There's literally no area that I've been in where you can't pick up 6 or so mobs all around you.

I sometimes have to wait for respawn, because the mobs have been decimated. ;) On some quests, like the panther teeth in KW, there are no mobs at all around until they leap out of stealth, and they are widely scattered. For quests in heavilly populated areas, all available mobs of all types in reach are often tagged already, and frequently by horde who I can't avoid hitting as well if I try to peel them off to boost vengeance (and I still won't get any xp for it). I'm on a very busy PVP server, and picking fights like that will take a lot more time than it's worth.

Especially the good rewards, the 440 blues and stuff, definitely have the option regardless.

I just did "Relics of the 4 Kings" and "A New Lesson for the Master" in Mogu'shan Palace. Both only offered one blue option. I swapped to Holy for the rewards. You may be right about the quest rewards, but I wasn't confident enough that they would be available to pick up Ret. Plus, I want to do dungeons in both specs while leveling, so that I'm as comfortable with the priority rotations as possible when I head into raids. I'm also not that great at Ret, so it would probably be a fairly marginal improvement in overall time to complete quests. Shockadin is definitely stronger at single-target quest DPS for me than Prot currently though.
Edited by Mistana on 9/30/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
39 Worgen Warlock
09/30/2012 09:46 PMPosted by Anlomar
has not been painful for me since late bc on any of the tanks i've played (and i've leveled and raided in all of the tank classes, sans monk.. for the next maybe week and a half or so ;) ) and to me, all you gotta do is pull more stuff and burninate aoe. Also tanks tend to be harder to put down in pvp when played well, so there's that benefiet if you're on a pvp server (especially guardians and blood dks.)

Honestly I've found that if people are stupid enough to come at me when I'm AoEing, the Vengeance the mobs gives me is enough to screw up their world six times over.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I sometimes have to wait for respawn, because the mobs have been decimated. ;) On some quests, like the panther teeth in KW, there are no mobs at all around until they leap out of stealth, and they are widely scattered. For quests in heavilly populated areas, all available mobs of all types in reach are often tagged already, and frequently by horde who I can't avoid hitting as well if I try to peel them off to boost vengeance (and I still won't get any xp for it). I'm on a very busy PVP server, and picking fights like that will take a lot more time than it's worth.

You do realise that your complaint there isn't about Prot's damage in any way?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Rijdot
and the way HotR can reset leash radii now.

I just learned something new! I didn't know that!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]