Red Flying Cloud

90 Gnome Priest
After servers are back up today, I'm going to finally start leveling this toon. Once I hit 90 (probably sometime Saturday afternoon), I plan to go do the Exploration achievements so I can get my Red Flying Cloud.

Would anyone like to join me? I remember a lot of the locations of the lore objects, and wowhead has a complete list of coordinates in the comments for the Lorewalkers. This can be done as a raid group except for turning in the mailed quest items received after completing each achievement. We could probably get the travelling itself done in 2 hours if we coordinated by zone instead of individual achievement.

It's a fun mount to zip around on...

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af250/iamdori/MoP/Mounts/RedFlyingCloud.jpg
Edited by Joynal on 9/28/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
09/28/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Joynal
http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/af250/iamdori/MoP/Mounts/RedFlyingCloud.jpg

Aww... I was really hoping that it would look like a poisonous haze. But it's still cool and I'd totally go with you if there was any chance I'd be a high enough level tomorrow.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just let me know. I haven't tried it but I'm guessing RealID style conversations via Battletag even across faction are possible so we could do this with Horde and Alliance together and coordinate in a conversation window.

And I can always do this again in the future for others who are enjoying the journey to 90 instead of rushing like some of us. Anyone with Archaeology will want to be Exalted with the Lorewalkers to get access to the archy goodies they sell.

One thing that always puzzled me on beta is why Blizzard didn't tie the two together more than just those couple of rewards. I'm hoping maybe that will change in a future patch. I can see the huge mischief potential in having Brann Bronzebeard delving through all the information the Lorewalkers keep stored at the Seat of Knowledge.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
As I read this, I remember a comment I made to some friends years back in vanilla WoW. Something along the lines of, "I will only make a gnome character if they make a yellow flying cloud mount. And then he'd have to be a Frost mage."

If you don't get the joke I pity you immensely.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I love this mount. I saw Griel(?) with it, and had to go figure out how to get it. Super easy and took less than an hour. Well worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Just found it that the Red Flying Cloud is classed as both a land and flying mount.

Guess what my hunter is using to ride around the Jade Forest as she's starting to level now?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
How do you get it?, Lorewalkers? O_o
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Lorewalkers sell it as their exalted reward. To get their rep, find the lore objects scattered around Pandaria. Once you hit 90, it only take about 2 hours to grind out the rep.

While you can discover lore objects while leveling, most of the rep comes from turning in quest items you get after completing achievements and those can only be done at 90.

For a list of the objects to find, go to your Achievements and look under Exploration>Pandaria. Most of the related achievements will be listed at the bottom.

There are several fansites like wowhead and wowinsider with info on exactly where each can be found. If you're level 90, there will be a hazy blue spotlight on the object to make them easier to find when you're closer.

Below 90, you just need to know what to look for - a large rolled-up bamboo scroll standing on edge and leaning against some other item. For a sample that's easy to find, go to Temple of the Jade Serpent. Just to the left of the stair leading up to the instance entrance, there's a little shrine. One of the objects leans against it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]