Train Zen Master Cooking?

90 Tauren Shaman
I cannot find any cooking trainer to train Zen master Cooking. The trainers in Org and the trainer in Dawn Blossom (Chin) won't train Zen Master, only train recipes. Oddly enough, he teaches me a recipe that will give me a skill up.

Is it intended that I be unable to level cooking until I find some trainer in a later zone? Do I need to store ingredients until I find a trainer? Seems very odd.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
There is a small chain quest from Sungshin Ironpaw in Halfhill in Valley of the Four winds (in pandaria) that will teach you this as a completion reward.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Thank you! Guess I'll have to make space in bank to store ingredients until I get there.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
All those I have trained have so far been able to train it both in SW before doing the quest to go to Pandaria or with Sunghei Ironpaw at the Tiller market.

My mother has the same problem as you. All she can get is 525/525 and not train for 600, so working on cooking at all would be a waste of time and mats.
We have both done the start Ironpaw quests at the market (AFTER I trained in SW), where I have been able to skill up past 525, but she is still stuck on 525. She is really frustrated.

I just checked into her account to be sure she was right, since as I wrote, I have had nada problems training past 525 on my characters. I tend to go with human error until I see the bug for myself :p

Whichever way it is intended, it is buggy for some.
Reply Quote
I'm having that issue as well. My cooking is 545 (just switched to Pandaren) yet I can't buy any of the 525 recipes to level cooking.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Someone
I'm having that issue as well. My cooking is 545 (just switched to Pandaren) yet I can't buy any of the 525 recipes to level cooking.

You problem is not intirely the same, if you just need recipies to skill up, but have trained zen master to be able to get skills beyond 525 in the first place.
The problem for the others here is that they can not train to get beyond the cap of 525, so getting the recipies is not even a worry at this point for them. No need for recipies if you are not allowed to skill up, right.

You get recipies in Valley of the Four Winds, at the Halfhill market next to the Sunsong Ranch you might be interested in getting involved with (the Harvest Moon type of thing).

So if you are able to train your cooking, so you can skill up past 525, you just have to go there to get started on the actual skillups. As far as I have seen, you skill up your cooking by skilling up one (or more) of 6 other cooking specialities - they start at 525 when you get them and shows in your recipy book. You main cooking skill stays even with the highest of your speciality skills.

The quest chain that Vivixa mention gets you started on the cooking specialities trainers and the recipies they have to offer.
Reply Quote
On Alliance side, the Pig and Whistle tavern cooking trainer will train Zen Master (600).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
My problem, I am at 550 cooking and cannot figure out how to advance. My orange recipes do not gain me levels. Is there any source to attempt to understand how this was designed to function?

Do I have to choose ONE of the different "Ways" type of cooking? I have completed one of each "Way", and cannot advance. Poor design if it just doesn't make sense.
Edited by Seeathis on 9/28/2012 2:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Ah, you have to raise your level within each "Way" to raise your cooking level. Another choke point added to the game. Suffocating.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I cannot find any cooking trainer to train Zen master Cooking. The trainers in Org and the trainer in Dawn Blossom (Chin) won't train Zen Master, only train recipes. Oddly enough, he teaches me a recipe that will give me a skill up.

Is it intended that I be unable to level cooking until I find some trainer in a later zone? Do I need to store ingredients until I find a trainer? Seems very odd.

I am having the exact same issue. I'm wondering if this is an OS issue? I'm on a Mac, fwiw.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Just tried going to a different city. The trainer in Dalaran had it for me. This is a very strange bug.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Hunter
Yes, it is weird. My mother was able to train it after the last 2 hour patch. My rogue had the same problem in Halfhill, but the SW cooking trainer could train it today after I checked again in Halfhill and could not do it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Org trainer was no showing it....
Went to Thunder Bluff to get it.

Weird..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
Try clicking on the top bar in the training window. Though Zen master is supposedly learned from a quest in halfhill, I had no problems learning it in Org or SW. What is annoying is that halfhill only teaches the new leveling patterns (half of which require carp), not the other trainer taught patterns.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
For those unable to train cooking in Org, are you sure you're visiting the cooking trainer? The person who gives the cooking dailies and the female orc next to him that sells the recipes are NOT the trainers. The trainer is in the hut directly behind them.
Edited by Devian on 10/25/2012 9:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
ZEN MASTER TRAINING!

Yes! Pig and Whistle (Old Town) In SW
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
So after reading this thread, I was able to go back to SW from Pandaria and get the Zen Master Cooking level from Pig and Whistle. Now my problem is, the trainers in Pandaria are still not showing me any recipes for Zen Master. I need to get the Sliced Peaches recipe to do the cooking quest series, but she isn't even showing it in her list of available recipes. In fact, nothing is showing up at all, until I get to the level required for it. Since I don't know the level required for Sliced Peaches, I have no idea when or if I can get it to show up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Okay I figured it out, sliced peaches was a lower level recipe. everything working now!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
I have been able to train to Master cooking and max out on 2 of the specialty cooking but all others are grayed out. No way to level the other 3 specialty cooking.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]