Train Zen Master Cooking?

85 Goblin Death Knight
12/04/2012 05:06 AMPosted by Jarston
I have been able to train to Master cooking and max out on 2 of the specialty cooking but all others are grayed out. No way to level the other 3 specialty cooking.

Probably better off starting a new thread on this instead of necro'ing an older one (originally started in September). However, I am wondering if you have completed all of the quests yet.

Each Way of cooking starts out with a quest to bring materials for your first "assignment". Once you turn those in, you are tasked with making from 1 to 5 dishes from those ingredients. To make the dish, you immediately need to train with THAT instructor, to learn the recipe, which you might as well just used to level to 550 in that Way of cooking.

After completing the quest, I don't believe they give anymore quests until 90, which is then just a random daily for an ironpaw token. But if you want to continue leveling in the Way, you need to continue training new recipes from the Way's teacher at 550, 575, and 600.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
09/28/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Someone
On Alliance side, the Pig and Whistle tavern cooking trainer will train Zen Master (600).

Confirmed - thank you!
Reply Quote
Can anyone just tell me specifically where I go to learn zen master and the new recipes I am at 402. thanks all have a great day. Joe
Reply Quote
Bugged on cooking...cooking skill 525 gained prior to Pandaria expansion. Purchased zen master cooking at hero's welcome in Dalaran.
1) None of the NPCs will train me in the new Pandarin cooking recipes.
2) I can't do quests for the cooks who have the recipes because they don't offer me any. I have no tokens to buy recipes and no means of earning any.
3) If I need to do the sliced peaches quest, I'm stuck because neither of the vendors offer the recipe to me.
4) Based on this thread, this bug has persisted for four months (November 2012 - February 2013). Really?
5) Or - is it not a bug and I'm just too stupid to figure out the correct process?

If there's a way forward, someone please help.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Its just a quest that u picked up to make sliced peaches ... they are grey but u make 5 for this part then, u make 5 of something else after turning that in and u get zen master cooking as the turn in reward for the second quest
Reply Quote
02/11/2013 12:05 PMPosted by Imapothole
Its just a quest that u picked up to make sliced peaches ... they are grey but u make 5 for this part then, u make 5 of something else after turning that in and u get zen master cooking as the turn in reward for the second quest

But that's the whole point. I don't have a recipe for making sliced peaches and no NPC will train or sell me that recipe. Yet without the recipe I apparently can't do any more advanced cooking.
Reply Quote
OK - I got it figured out thanks to folks helping me at the site. Turns out there was an obvious filter button on the vendor screen. I just needed to adjust the filter and all the necessary recipes were right there. Feel really stupid now but offer this up in the event any others have a similar issue.
Reply Quote
Quick answer to everything in here, First, Post #2 is an easy way to get the 600 training free, Just do Sungshin Ironpaw's Quest chain

then as for training from 525 - 600
1) Pick One way, aka, Way of the Wok, Way of the Grill. and train that one specifically.
Reason for this, is You ONLY gain a skill point when you make something that is a higher skill point then what you have already.
Thus, If you have Way of the Grill at 580, and decide to do some orange Way of the Wok Recipies, Until you hit 580 in the Way of the Wok, your Cooking won't go over 580.

So saddly, while it is slightly confusing, It isn't bugged
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest
The answer is very easy... you must go to Sungshin Ironpaw. Complete the quest chain. Once you do the Rice Pudding ones.. you go from 525 cap to 600 cap, and then the 6 Way of the... quests open up to continue. Easy.. do not worry!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
What the necro.

Please pay attention to the date of the thread and think before posting. Your advice and help is basically useless to the OP from 2 years ago.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Monk
06/02/2014 01:35 PMPosted by Vixie
What the necro.

Please pay attention to the date of the thread and think before posting. Your advice and help is basically useless to the OP from 2 years ago.

What the necrodamus..

Actually I was having trouble with this today, so it's not totally useless.. 6/2/2014
Reply Quote
42 Tauren Shaman
I just got back to wow and i have upped my cooking profession to 525. When i got to Pandarian in Halfhill I tried to learn cooking from the Ironpaws but the Recipes are unavailable for me. I'm now at lvl 93 and still I can't learn any of them recipes. Please help I'm stuck on my cooking =(
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]