Move the spirit mend heal somewhere else!

90 Human Hunter
This will solve at least 2 issues at once i feel, the spirit mend heal is obviously too good to warrant using any other pet especially in pvp, you'd intentionally gimping yourself if you did, so here's my idea: Move spirit mend as a baseline ability, or perhaps a talent somewhere, something that all 3 specs can use, or just plain remove it and upgrade spirit bond.

As MM gave up utility for the other specs, i feel this would make mm/sv more viable at the same time as giving people more choice. Also fixes the issue of stampede causing 5 spirit mends (on that subject, hybrid healing is still waaay too high, but that's a subject for a diff topic)

edit: and by move spirit mend, i mean turn it into an ability that makes sense for either the hunter or every pet to use.
Edited by Reimmi on 9/26/2012 4:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Never going to happen. It's one of the main reasons to use a specific pet, just because it's good doesn't mean every spec with every pet should get it.

This is equivalent to saying in Cata that "the monkey disorient is too good to warrant using any other pet especially in PVP, so we should get it as a baseline ability."
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
If you wanna do something with spirit mend heres what needs to be done. AUTO CAST TO THE HUNTER. I turned auto cast to self on my opition bar why do I have to make a macro to make my spirit beast heal me?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I turned auto cast to self on my opition bar why do I have to make a macro to make my spirit beast heal me?

You don't have to make a macro, the pet will cast it on you, itself, or a raid or party member, as needed.

When you're at 90% health, it's not needed.

Keep your pet above 50% health, and Spirit Mend should be off cooldown and available for when you do need it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
it should be a baseline pet ability given to all BM hunters. then we won't HAVE to get a spirit beast
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
it should be a baseline pet ability given to all BM hunters. then we won't HAVE to get a spirit beast

You don't HAVE to get a spirit beast.

Don't want one? Don't get one. What's the problem?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/26/2012 10:38 AMPosted by Eponine

You don't HAVE to get a spirit beast.

Don't want one? Don't get one. What's the problem?

The problem is he does want one, but is too lazy to get one.

Umm, I have a spirit beast. Check my armory, name's Zillion. The problem is, it's just overwhelmingly the BEST choice for pvp hunters. Hunter healing is incredibly low compared to other classes, so SB is really the only option. I'd like to be able to use my Fox or Serpent, but alas.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

The problem is he does want one, but is too lazy to get one.

Umm, I have a spirit beast. Check my armory, name's Zillion. The problem is, it's just overwhelmingly the BEST choice for pvp hunters. Hunter healing is incredibly low compared to other classes, so SB is really the only option. I'd like to be able to use my Fox or Serpent, but alas.

Maybe for unorganized world pvp.
30 sec CD, 3 sec stun on shale spider > Crappy heal spirit beast.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
09/26/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Eponine

How would I know that when you're not posting on that hunter? Regardless it doesn't matter. You're wrong, spirit beasts aren't the best. And hunter healing is fine for a pure DPS class.

Derp, that's my pet's name. I am posting from the hunter. If you just want to blindly assume things, I'm not going to bother trying to argue my point since you really don't care to hear anything contrary to the opinion you have formed. Good day sir.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
09/27/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Million

How would I know that when you're not posting on that hunter? Regardless it doesn't matter. You're wrong, spirit beasts aren't the best. And hunter healing is fine for a pure DPS class.

Derp, that's my pet's name. I am posting from the hunter. If you just want to blindly assume things, I'm not going to bother trying to argue my point since you really don't care to hear anything contrary to the opinion you have formed. Good day sir.

I remember you from CR. You were in TR with Seche and that crowd for a bit, right?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
09/26/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Elarren
30 sec CD, 3 sec stun on shale spider > Crappy heal spirit beast.

This! The shale spider hands down is looking to be the best BM pvp pet this expansion. And they're easy to get! No camping needed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/26/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Eponine

As said above, spirit beasts are not the best for pvp. I prefer the shale spider for the stun, or another spider for the web. I'll leave the healing up to the healers, since the spirit beasts heal doesn't really do THAT much considering the damage a geared player can do. I do love the spirit beast though the heal is helpful against pve mobs while questing, I just think the heal should stay specialized to the spirit beast.

09/27/2012 12:47 AMPosted by Million

So he/she was just supposed to assume Zillion was the pets name? Before insulting someone maybe you should be clearer on what you are referring to rather then just spiting out a name and saying check the armory.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I would have to say spirit beast is the best right now and for one reason, Stampede. Currently with the Glyph of Stampede you can copy your current pet and if you have a macro made so that your spirit beast cast spirit mend on you... Guess what they all cast it on you how are you supposed to die with 6 spirit mends? You can go from 1% hp to full in 9 seconds op for hunter lol. So hunters have fun with this =P. Just be sure to use the macro with your pets name in it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

I remember you from CR. You were in TR with Seche and that crowd for a bit, right?

I was in Distinct Advantage (as Palindromio) and Severed and TR/Oblit had some split and a lot of them formed Incorporeal. We raided for a while.
Reply Quote
This will solve at least 2 issues at once i feel, the spirit mend heal is obviously too good to warrant using any other pet especially in pvp, you'd intentionally gimping yourself if you did, so here's my idea: Move spirit mend as a baseline ability, or perhaps a talent somewhere, something that all 3 specs can use, or just plain remove it and upgrade spirit bond.

As MM gave up utility for the other specs, i feel this would make mm/sv more viable at the same time as giving people more choice. Also fixes the issue of stampede causing 5 spirit mends (on that subject, hybrid healing is still waaay too high, but that's a subject for a diff topic)

edit: and by move spirit mend, i mean turn it into an ability that makes sense for either the hunter or every pet to use.

No.

Spirit mend is one of the reasons people want to get a spirit beast.

Spirit mend does not keep you from using another pet, the point of there being an abundance of pet choices with their own buffs to offer is so that you have a verity to chose from. Yes some may be better then others but in no way does that stop you from using them.

And another thread like this of some one crying about how they cant do well without spirit mend or how they should move it to it's own skill or complaining about how other classes heal more then i do i demand a nerf is just pointless.

All threads like this do is fill the forums with more complaints.

Learn how to play the class effectively or reroll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]