The Hit (point) List: Finding Rares

90 Night Elf Druid

Is this working for you I downloaded it and i'm not seeing a ui change.

It works but you must select load out of date addons.

It was made for beta, and is out of data technically, but it still works.

Edit the .toc file and change the number in the first line to 500001 (I think, I am not home atm so check the number against current addon's)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Question!

So if I capture two fel flames and they are both rares... will they have exact stats or will it be different...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I caught 2 rabbits in Stormwind - down by the pumpkin patch - that were both rare. I have no idea if the stats are the same or not. I didn't look. I got a long tailed mole in Ironforge that was rare. I can't remember what level it was when I got it.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Would you mind checking the two rare rabbits and see if their stats are the same..

All I got from your Five sentences were... I do not know. =D
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Confirmed. The same rare pet will have the same stats.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
09/27/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Paiin

Actually not 100%. I have personally found stats to vary so do look at what you have vs any new rare.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I really hate to ask this but how do you use that macro? I tried it and nothing happens. I am macro challenged lol so I have no idea what I might be doing wrong...thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Horror, I had to fix this for a friend, so here's what I had to do.

First, make certain you're copying it exactly, no extra spaces, line breaks, etc. One way to ensure the line breaks is to copy it into a notepad file with word wrap turned off.

Next, copy it into a new macro. Name and icon can be whatever you want.

Next, put it on one of your NON-DEFAULT actionbars. Putting this macro on the standard 1 to = actionbar will not work, because the vehicle ui locks those out. So use interface options to turn on at least one of the extra actionbars provided by the ui, and put your macro button there.

Last, go into keybindings and assign a key to whatever location you put your macro. I'm using ' for mine. Remember that the actionbars at the base of the screen are called "bottom right" and "bottom left".

It sounds like a funny thing to check, but that was one of the problems we ran into when I was setting my friend up. We'd assigned a keybinding on the "right" actionbar, and had the macro on the "bottom right" bar. Then, we pulled our hair out trying to figure out why the macro didn't work.

Anyhow, all that being done, you just need to hit the button after you start a battle, and it will tell you the rarity of the entire opposing team. I've only caught about 20 pets so far, but most of them have been rare, because of this.

Happy hunting!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
09/27/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Gilroykilroy

Actually not 100%. I have personally found stats to vary so do look at what you have vs any new rare.

Stats may or may not vary. Some pet types have only one possible stat distribution, so all rare quality pets of that type will have the exact same stats. Other pet types have a variety of stat distributions, so two rare quality pets may or may not have the same stats. At most, there are 19 flavors of stat distribution, though, but only the smallest part of that is applied to different pet types.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
or you can use an addon to tell you. The rarity of the pets you're fighting can be looked up, it's just not shown in the default ui.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info21362-PetBattleQualityGlowMoP.html

Is this working for you I downloaded it and i'm not seeing a ui change.

It changes the color of the wild pets name and gives a slight colored border around the edges of the portrait, easy to miss if you don't know what you are looking for.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Question!

So if I capture two fel flames and they are both rares... will they have exact stats or will it be different...

Their states will be comparable, but may be slightly different. One may have more speed and one may have a higher attack. At least, this is what I've noticed comparing uncommons. I assume it's the same for rares.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Arathi Highlands - Tiny Twister(7) 421
Reply Quote
89 Night Elf Hunter
One thing that might be happening is lower level pets stats are so similar that they get rounded the same way. So, you might not see a discrepency until 25. But I'm happy to say I found a teeny tiny mod that is working for me for rarity. No keypresses required. What it does, when a battle starts it: Lists rarity of each pet in chat. Whether or not I don't have it. And if the rarity seen is an upgrade to what I already have. It's called Battle Pet Quality Notifier.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter

Next, put it on one of your NON-DEFAULT actionbars. Putting this macro on the standard 1 to = actionbar will not work, because the vehicle ui locks those out. So use interface options to turn on at least one of the extra actionbars provided by the ui, and put your macro button there.

Last, go into keybindings and assign a key to whatever location you put your macro. I'm using ' for mine. Remember that the actionbars at the base of the screen are called "bottom right" and "bottom left".

SAVIOR. Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
While it might not be the best way. Ive managed to find a fair number of uncommon and a couple rares so far by color. One example was maggots. There were about 7 of them in this area and all but one was a sot of beige-grey color. One was white. I went for the white one and it was an uncommon version. I battled the others after and all were common or poor. Its not a sure fire method..but meh...every little bit of extra info helps. Good luck on the pet searching.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Not really... you can just get an addon (Pet Battle Quality Glow) to tell you what rarity they are. :-P

And if you really don't want to get an addon, you can even just run a macro that will tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
09/27/2012 04:35 PMPosted by Paiin

I have multiple rares of many pets. Using this site: http://schaffhauser.me/Warcraft#PetList , I can see that most of my multiples of the one pet, even if they appear to have the same stats at low levels, are actually different "breeds". I've seen 4 or 5 different breeds of the one rare..

This means those in the know may never stop clogging up rare spawn locations, as they might never be happy even when they get a rare, and keep looking for a rare with a more favourable stat distribution to suit that pet's moveset.

If anyone wants to confirm this, apparently you can search other players' collections on this site. My server is Aman'thul and America as location works.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
yeah only in gold silver crystal did shiny pokemon have the best stats

after that it was just a possible "stat" as it were... you could have a shiny whatever with the worst possible stats
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
From my experience thus far...
Bang for the Buck [Dark Whelpling] (about 2k on AH) a VERY good Battle Pet. My lvl 9 can easily kill 3 lvl 15s.

My Go To Guy --> [Fel Flame] and his Backup [Restless Shadeling] this pet has the unique ability to heal itself on every attack.

I also really like the [Tranquil Mechanical Yeti], but being a Uncommon I feel the rares have an advantage. I wish I could find a Rare with his abilities.

Good Luck All!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Great, that macro works.
Just a reminder for other people, you need to bind that macro to a key that doesn't get replaced by the Pet Battle UI. Basically anything that's not 1 - 6. I'd avoid the whole first action bar just to be sure.

Yeah, I like to use 'T' for professions and macros (Disenchanting, Milling, Prospecting, Ultraxion, etc). It's not a particularly simple key to hit during combat and its default function is almost entirely useless.

....wat? this key is so easy to hit, i use it for my dispels/roots/polymorph. I can't imagine not having it bound
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]