Level 90 talents

90 Orc Mage
Until 90 I really enjoyed my mage...now with the new 90 talents it just destoryed the fun of mage in pve...just destoryed it. Its very annoying now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
why...

do you not like having 40% damage buffs? Why do you find dealing 40% extra damage annoying.
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Mage
Why do you still have level 85 gear on?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The lvl 90 mage talents are terrible, just terrible.

It feels like a huge annoyance needing to evocate before every pull, during every pull, every 32-40 seconds.

It just really feels like a terrible chore. It is ruining the mage class for me, and ive been a mage for 6 years
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I agree. Unbearable. I'm considering just getting Incanter's Ward for the 6% passive and accept the dps loss, somewhere between 5-9%.
Edited by Liquidhal on 9/26/2012 8:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/26/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
It just really feels like a terrible chore. It is ruining the mage class for me, and ive been a mage for 6 years

good riddance..

I agree. Unbearable. I'm considering just getting Incanter's Ward for the 6% passive and accept the dps loss, somewhere between 5-9%.

if you are that lazy or bad at this game that you can't recognize 'hey theres aoe damage coming, im going to help out the healers, and receive a huge spell power buff!' then you shouldnt be wasting your money on it.

09/26/2012 07:26 PMPosted by Sef
It feels like a huge annoyance needing to evocate before every pull, during every pull, every 32-40 seconds.

so dont take invocation... take RoP or IW....

so much bad in this post rofl
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 09:14 PMPosted by Sef

Oh the irony...

I honestly can't wait till 90 talents 40% increased burst damage is super fun and invocation is a fun spice up skill cap to our rotation. Rune of power is bad !@#. and IW will be great in pvp.

Imagine doing our current pvp burst but with 40% increased awesomeness.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

Oh the irony...

I honestly can't wait till 90 talents 40% increased burst damage is super fun and invocation is a fun spice up skill cap to our rotation. Rune of power is bad !@#. and IW will be great in pvp.

Imagine doing our current pvp burst but with 40% increased awesomeness.

Please tell me why my post was bad. That post was bad because that shaman believed it is used as a cd for such things like aoe packs and such. It is used whenever it is not up.

In a raid setting it may not be as annoying due to using it on a rotation, but in a dungeon/solo... needing to hit evocation at the end of every pack (you can do it during herp derp) can be a huge annoyance.

Think about it in a pvp setting, your defending a flag, and you have to hit that spell every 30-40 seconds, due a soon inc from an enemy attack, or dismounting -> evo -> mount -> attack, because evo during combat is just bad. It is just a hassle to do constantly.

edit: also, l2 read, its 25%, already can tell you dont know what the spell is
Edited by Sef on 9/26/2012 9:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Please tell me why my post was bad. That post was bad because that shaman believed it is used as a cd for such things like aoe packs and such. It is used whenever it is not up.

In a raid setting it may not be as annoying due to using it on a rotation, but in a dungeon/solo... needing to hit evocation at the end of every pack (you can do it during herp derp) can be a huge annoyance.

Think about it in a pvp setting, your defending a flag, and you have to hit that spell every 30-40 seconds, due a soon inc from an enemy attack, or dismounting -> evo -> mount -> attack, because evo during combat is just bad. It is just a hassle to do constantly.

edit: also, l2 read, its 25%, already can tell you dont know what the spell is

wut this is ... i dont even....

Restokinz, i leave for a month and this is what you let the forums devolve into :(
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 08:36 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
if you are that lazy or bad at this game that you can't recognize 'hey theres aoe damage coming, im going to help out the healers, and receive a huge spell power buff!' then you shouldnt be wasting your money on it.

So you're saying we should wait to Evocate until there's aoe damage coming, and then you get "a huge spell power buff".
You're not planning to keep that "huge spell power buff" up at all times otherwise?

And where in the world did you get the "40% damage buff" number from? Are you just making this up as you go?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
So you're saying we should wait to Evocate until there's aoe damage coming, and then you get "a huge spell power buff".
You're not planning to keep that "huge spell power buff" up at all times otherwise?

no... it was referring to him taking incanter's ward and just relying on the passive 6% damage increase because hes too lazy to acknowledge the wonderful attributes of AoE damage and helping out healers..

09/26/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Sattyn
And where in the world did you get the "40% damage buff" number from?

it USED to be 40%. i have no idea what it got shot down to. 20? 25? 30? how about this, you continue to do absolutely horrible parses without using level 90 talents effectively, and ill continue to poop on your dps by using level 90 talents effectively (and loving it!)

09/26/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Sattyn
Are you just making this up as you go?

Yes i am.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

it USED to be 40%. i have no idea what it got shot down to. 20? 25? 30? how about this, you continue to do absolutely horrible parses without using level 90 talents effectively, and ill continue to poop on your dps by using level 90 talents effectively (and loving it!)

if you have no idea then why are you even commenting?
Edited by Brewslee on 9/27/2012 2:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage
It was never 40%.

Invocation is 25% for 40 seconds, Rune of Power is 15% as long as you're standing on a rune, Incanter's Ward is 6% passive and (variable) up to 30% when you use the shield and it's absorbed.

If you can guarantee popping the shield on cooldown, IW is very strong, and it's very non-disruptive; no effect on your mobility and a nice passive boost to regen. If you aren't popping the shield, and you're just using the passive, it's weaker than the other two (but still non-disruptive).

Edited by Lhivera on 9/27/2012 5:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
09/27/2012 02:52 AMPosted by Brewslee

because what idont know, doesnt matter.

who cares if its 25, 26, 15, 12, 55, 7% damage buff.

its a damage buff. that you want to use. so use it?

or dont, ill still most likely do better than you either way
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Totally agree about the 90 talents ruining gameplay.

The only people who thinks the 90 talents are good at people who are not mages, or haven't reached 90. Whilst leveling I also imagined it would be great to have 30% damage buff on you up most of the time

The fact is, all the 90 talents has the detrimental effect of forcing you to stand absolutely still. Don't even get me started on how disruptive evocating in the middle of boss battles for 6 seconds straight is, whether it is aoes, or add spawn, or postioning. Even on trash pulls you'll want to keep the buff up at all times and thus evocating after battles whilst you members have already reached the next set of mobs and started hitting them. IW is just useless cause you literally have to stand in fire to make it actually useful. Many times you wont even get a chance to make it work and when you do, you're rewarded with 15 secs of buff which you probably had to take damage for standing in fire and wasting the time to move into them. Runes of Power is the only viable on thats least disruptive to your fight, however, it has a 1.5s cast time with 6 sec cooldown. Once the boss places an aoe near you (which is really every other boss fight) you'll have to mvoe and waste an entire fireball/frostbolt cast just to get it back up.

All these wouldnt matter that much if it was really an 15-30% increase in your dps. Fact is in relation to other classes, you are expected to use these buffs all the time to only do competitive dps.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I haven't reached 90 yet, but it looks like I'll be taking the rune of power talent. Doesn't seem too special. I suppose I could swap into IW if we're not doing bosses, and then swap back into Rune for encounters, unless the boss presents a good opportunity to use the active component of IW. *shrug*
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
the fact that they been pushing mobility for along time in fights now then dropping these crap 90 talents is just ridiculous. Feels like the stone age again.

And invocation is more like 6-7 seconds of standing still doing nothing because you have to make sure its a full channel or else its even more of a dps loss recasting it because you clipped it by .0001 seconds.
Edited by Antimonde on 9/27/2012 9:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
09/27/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Jkspiritlink

because what idont know, doesnt matter.

who cares if its 25, 26, 15, 12, 55, 7% damage buff.

its a damage buff. that you want to use. so use it?

or dont, ill still most likely do better than you either way

Because the percentage is important. If it were 40 which it never was everyone would be forced to take it. Obviously u want to use the buff but the point of the thread isn't about not wanting a damage boost. It's about the mechanic, the way the boost gets done that the op and several others are not happy about.. Doesn't mean it won't be used.

With your obvious lack of knowledge I can't tell if ur serious or trolling but I doubt Ull be doing better than a lot of people, nonetheless me.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
the fact that they been pushing mobility for along time in fights now then dropping this crap but must have talents is just ridiculous. Feels like the stone age again.

Mobility in raids for a mage is a joke.

I'm assuming you played fire in 4.3? Theres no mobilty to that spec. Theres the ILLUSION of mobility, but only mouthbreathers bound scorch. it was such a dps loss, no reason to ever use it.

Same with Arcane. absolutely NO mobility. Yet arcane mages topped charts for the majority of Cataclysm. God bless Shard of Woe.

09/27/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Melade
IW is just useless cause you literally have to stand in fire to make it actually useful.
So many bosses have Raid-Wide AOE damage. if you are in the raid, you are going to be taking low steady damage for the majority of fights. It only absorbs 18k at 90, thats barely anything. you take a bit of damage, then get a huge buff. sounds good.

09/27/2012 09:16 AMPosted by Melade
The only people who thinks the 90 talents are good at people who are not mages, or haven't reached 90.

I havent reached 90 on mage yet. But i am so excited to. by the way, this is my shaman's mage main. and yes, im better at mage than you are.

when did mages become such whiners.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]