Level 90 talents

90 Human Mage
09/27/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Jkshatter
but using your 90 talents in dungeons is needed to increase efficiency lol, you basically said they make it worse.

90 talents in dungeons arent needed (until bosses). just like other talents arent needed.

if you arent topping dps for trash pulls, who cares? if youre spending 6 seconds evocating so you can attack a trash pull for 2 seconds with extra damage... the doesnt sound very efficient to me.

challenge modes and efficiency, i swear im like a broken record when I need to prove a point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
you constantly point out that your a top tier mage, but you argue that you wont pull out top tier numbers due to my points alone. I dont get you. You are two sided
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
where are these imaginary parse's coming from? lol. i dont think this mage has ever raided.

I have no experience? lol. your seriously lacking in evidence. Its funny because we can all see it. And we are all telling you. And it just goes "in one ear and out the other" hahaha

that mage has no parses.

and no experience since naxx. imo, it looks like you raided nax/ulduar then quit raiding up until like september 4th i think it was, got carried through H ICC, a lot of achievement runs, and then FL/DS.

i meant everyone besides terrorific / lhiv and myself. if you look at their parses, theyre low and filled with deaths.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:25 AMPosted by Sef
you constantly point out that your a top tier mage, but you argue that you wont pull out top tier numbers due to my points alone. I dont get you. You are two sided

what? where do you get that??

09/27/2012 11:24 AMPosted by Sef
challenge modes and efficiency, i swear im like a broken record when I need to prove a point.

this is definitely the first time the words "challenge modes" have entered this thread, and besides your last post, this is the first time you've said the words "efficiency" as well...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/27/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Jkshatter

what? where do you get that??

this is definitely the first time the words "challenge modes" have entered this thread, and besides your last post, this is the first time you've said the words "efficiency" as well...

so you need to be told twice to get the point, ill remember that from now on
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Human Mage

i meant everyone besides terrorific / lhiv and myself. if you look at their parses, theyre low and filled with deaths.

I haven't had a raid parse in years. Hell, back when I was raiding, we didn't even have parsers much more sophisticated than recount. And we had to walk twenty miles uphill both ways through hip-deep snow to get them.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
because mages cry about getting buffed so they get buffed more.

09/27/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Jkshatter
when did mages become such whiners.

when they started getting ridiculous buffs that werent "OP" enough.

because what idont know, doesnt matter.who cares if its 25, 26, 15, 12, 55, 7% damage buff.its a damage buff. that you want to use. so use it?or dont, ill still most likely do better than you either way

seriously mages will faceroll almost every class. stop crying and enjoy your character.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
where are these imaginary parse's coming from? lol. i dont think this mage has ever raided.

I have no experience? lol. your seriously lacking in evidence. Its funny because we can all see it. And we are all telling you. And it just goes "in one ear and out the other" hahaha

that mage has no parses.

and no experience since naxx. imo, it looks like you raided nax/ulduar then quit raiding up until like september 4th i think it was, got carried through H ICC, a lot of achievement runs, and then FL/DS.

lull got carried through h icc. that one made me laugh. u can't even look at dates can you. especially the "i raided when naxx was relevant haha"

but anyways. For someone claiming to be a "top tier mage" you sure do have some issues understanding that op is talking about challenge modes lol. I guess it goes along with your knowledge of 40% invocs haha
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:23 AMPosted by Terrorific
mage damage, according to simcraft, is fine.

sounds good to me.

It's about convenience and qol

we're forced to evocate 3x more often. The grass is absolutely greener right now.

i dunno.. to me, what matters is damage dealt to the boss. if thats good then im good. i think trash pulls is just inconvenient anyway.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:30 AMPosted by Lhivera
I haven't had a raid parse in years. Hell, back when I was raiding, we didn't even have parsers much more sophisticated than recount. And we had to walk twenty miles uphill both ways through hip-deep snow to get them.

but i know you know what your talking about... if theres anyone on these forums who better understands the mechanics of this game better then you...i have yet to find them.

doesnt mean i agree with on everything but when it comes to mechanics and the information you create via your sims just cant argue against it.

edit:: i think i was very unclear with what you quoted me on, i meant you (lhivera) terrorific, and me were the exceptions from having poor performance, not that OUR (you terror me) parses were filled with low dps, deaths and etc.etc.

09/27/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Sef

just need to be told once... what you just did was

*NEW ARGUEMENT GIVEN FOR THE FIRST TIME* DUDE I FEEL LIKE IM REPEATING MYSELF.
Edited by Jkshatter on 9/27/2012 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
could have been worse
They could have kept the "Fun Tricks with Polymorph" tier of Talents
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
09/27/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Jkshatter

but i know you know what your talking about... if theres anyone on these forums who better understands the mechanics of this game better then you...i have yet to find them.

doesnt mean i agree with on everything but when it comes to mechanics and the information you create via your sims just cant argue against it.

not how I see it, and im sure this whole argument isn't how the majority sees it. I have nearly found all negative feedback towards these talents.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Brewslee
lull got carried through h icc.

[THE FROZEN THRONE 10 player]

achieved... 9/4/2012....

sounds like you got carried to me..
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:39 AMPosted by Sef
not how I see it, and im sure this whole argument isn't how the majority sees it. I have nearly found all negative feedback towards these talents.

most peoples feedback shouldnt matter though :-/
Edited by Jkshatter on 9/27/2012 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

stop trying man. he doesn't get it. he's gonna think he's right no matter what. Even though its simply his opinion. You dont like the mechanics and he can't understand that lol. let it be. way to dense to even be worth it with his imaginary numbers

lull got carried through h icc.

[THE FROZEN THRONE 10 player]

achieved... 9/4/2012....

sounds like you got carried to me..

are you blind to dates on other fights...or is it just me...haha

Edit: let me help you, Try scrolling down. there you go buddy haha. ull get ur 2009's
Edited by Brewslee on 9/27/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Am I one of the only mages that really like Rune of Power and enjoy placing it pre-emptively to blink onto if I need to move? I unno, it's pretty coo that way and the glyphed version of it (the evocation glyph) makes questing so much more easier than pre-90. By far. Like, I'm freaking out at how easy this talent makes my life. I use it on -everything-. I friggen use it when I'm standing around doing -NOTHING- because it looks -awesome-.

Okay, enough of that. I'm pretty sure that the invocation thing is cool and all but I never liked the whole, standing still for the cast time and all that. It's also probably a huge pain if you intend to keep max uptime on it, so you should probably avoid trying that for trash. I could see invocation being a really interesting thing for arcane given the link it has with mana so maybe it synchronizes there better, unfortunately I like RoP so much more because it has more mobility than Invocation.

Incanters ward is good for PvP in my opinion, easiest PvP talent out there to see. It's just alright in PvE, no reason to cry about it though if you're complaining about ease of use. Sure it's the 'easiest' to use, but if you want to use it correctly you'll want to find incoming damage (which is unavoidable many times). It'll probably be the talent for lazy people I find, given that RoP requires you to place them quite often and to get used to your blink range and invocation makes you sit still for so long.

Also, in very early stages of MoP, invocation did give you a 40% buff, however it was brought down to 25% since it was apparently too ridiculous at that point.

So far I've had no trouble using RoP in every situation other than getting used to it. My damage was low at first due to figuring out how to work with needed mobility on fights but most of the time I've never had to stand around waiting to put out a new RoP on a pull. Invocation seems like a pretty cool boss talent but I'm not seeing a real use on it for 100% trash uptime. My damage is slowly getting better as I get used to the new gimmicks which is what I expected, I'd be rather disappointed if I could just rip the charts fresh at 90 with non-forged gear from questing. I find doing decent AoE DPS also has a higher skill requirement now which is interesting.

Either way as GC has said like, 5 billion times, he wants our damage to scale with better gear so we actually feel like the gear matters and smooths out your rotation. We may not like it but that's how it's going. Either way, some of the 90 talents can be used almost all the time even for trash pulls I find. The only time I have an issue with mobility is when things get pulled too far for no reason (but melee have trouble with that too unless they're keen on the tanks movement, but then ranged could be too). Either way, I don't think there's too much wrong with them so long as we balance out with other classes, I think people were far too used to tossing out awesome damage as arcane by mashing a single button. I was one of them too though, so it's okay, we can hug it out.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:44 AMPosted by Brewslee
You dont like the mechanics and he can't understand that lol.

i understand you dont like the mechanics.

i just dont understand why you using them incorrectly and in the wrong situations is a valid way to judge how well the mechanics work
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Mage
09/27/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Koskei
Am I one of the only mages that really like Rune of Power and enjoy placing it pre-emptively to blink onto if I need to move?

tbh, i think ROP is my favorite too, switching out for IW only on certain fights.

09/27/2012 11:46 AMPosted by Koskei
Also, in very early stages of MoP, invocation did give you a 40% buff, however it was brought down to 25% since it was apparently too ridiculous at that point.

boom.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
woah this thread escalted fast in the hour I was gone..

Its not even 3 days in and people are gearchecking? gosh

Anyhow, I'm not a very experienced mage, but as it still stands, evocation still really isn't useful due to the amount of aoe bosses throw at you, at least from the heroics dungeons experenice I've had so far. Since its a 6 second cast, its very possible that the boss can throw out something new which requires you to move, and dbm may not prompt a spell 6 second early anyhow if you were intending to wait for a lull.

I understand the raid wide damage taken for IV, but currently in heroics, there are many battles in which you do not take damage at all. I sometimes even try to run into the boss to see if he cleaves or to take damage in any way, since a 30% increase is significant. The point is IV has a 25 second cd, and we all paly assuming it will be up almost at all time. Truth is even in raid situations, you dont take sustained raid damage all the time; there are many phases where you wont take damage, and even if you do, it may not fall nicely into your IV cd. Thats is my main concern. I also know that mobility was never really good for mages, but this time, you're really forced to a standstill. A strafe jump or blink was good enough in the past, but now those will cause you to break evo/out of rune.

As I've said, all this doesnt matter if this really boosted your dps out by alot. Thing is we're expected to keep it up at all times to to comparable damage to others. Anyhow, does simcraft take into account how frequently you have to move and the perfect condition where you buff is up at all times?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
woah this thread escalted fast in the hour I was gone..

Its not even 3 days in and people are gearchecking? gosh

its really only one person. who doesn't know how to scroll down haha. I laughed when he told me i didn't do h icc till 2012 rofl I love having more than 1 acc :) brings out the trolls
Edited by Brewslee on 9/27/2012 12:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]