Launcher from Discs stuck at 0.0%

85 Gnome Warlock
Hey, I'm on a university network so I bought the MoP hard copy to try and get around network related issues. At first, the installation stalled at 20% then error and closed. I downloaded the new Agent mirror from Patchup and put it in a file with the disc setup. Now the launcher is open but has been stuck at 0.0% for a long time. The Disc is still spinning so I can't tell if its installing really slow or whats going on
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
09/26/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Gnofèar
Hey, I'm on a university network so I bought the MoP hard copy to try and get around network related issues. At first, the installation stalled at 20% then error and closed. I downloaded the new Agent mirror from Patchup and put it in a file with the disc setup. Now the launcher is open but has been stuck at 0.0% for a long time. The Disc is still spinning so I can't tell if its installing really slow or whats going on

actually after 30 minutes its at 0.1% is there anyway to speed this up any?
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
Argh, same here. If I wanted to wait this long I would have downloaded it. ;)
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Im having the same problem? wth is going on
Reply Quote
75 Dwarf Hunter
Don't try to install it from the DVD that came with the game. I talked to a blizzard rep and they said that the dvd should have not come with it. If you download it that's the easiest way to install it.

I know it sounds odd but If i were you I would listen to the blizzard rep like I did and it worked perfect for me.
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
97 Draenei Mage
09/28/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Zoltare
Don't try to install it from the DVD that came with the game. I talked to a blizzard rep and they said that the dvd should have not come with it. If you download it that's the easiest way to install it.

You might of misinterpreted them.

You shouldn't use the older DVD installers like from Classic , BC , Wrath or Cata as the installers are out of date.

If you were updated to 5.0.5 before getting the MoP DVD you didn't need to install.

If you need to do a Clean Install the DVD's will install 17 GB of the Data you need to get to 5.0.5 and will then download 1.4 GB to update you to 5.0.5

If you grab the battle.net installer off your account management page you'll need to download the full 21 GB.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]