Weather Effects

90 Human Warlock
Is i just me or does it seem like weather effects aren't happening? I've been waiting in tanaris for quite a while to no avail. All I want is a silithid hatchling lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
They are fairly rare. I checked a lot of the day yesterday on Jaguero isle for the monkey pet, but I never caught it raining. This morning I checked as well, and it was raining. So the weather effects are functioning (at least on my server) albeit not very commonly.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
Watching a pot of water boil. it rains/sandstorms all the time when you aren't anticipating it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I suppose that's what it is. I'm still there and nothing as of yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Are you kidding? I was just in Townlong steppes, and it rained there for FOUR HOURS STRAIGHT.
Reply Quote
94 Human Paladin
I think the weather effects are fairly rare in the Old World. I'm guessing because the system behind them is functions differently than the one in Pandaria.

In Pandaria they're fairly common, thunderstorms in The Jade Forest every few hours.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It is a desert after all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/27/2012 05:38 AMPosted by Simca
It is a desert after all.

I'm waiting for a sandstorm... not rain
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
What does weather have to do with pets?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Two or three hours ago I encountered a sandstorm in tanaris and grabbed the little bugs. What I've been doing with harder to camp spawns is just parking an alt I'm not using out there (hunter on that isle in stv for monkies, dk in tanaris for the bugs) and just check them every once in a while. It's helped me get both of those pets, and will hopefully help me catch a minfernal.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
How did this thread get here? I think this thread needs to go back home to "General Discussion"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm trying to get a silithid hatchling, that's why its here.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Death Knight
I've been waiting on a a snow storm forever it seems! Didn't help that a Devouring Maggot is bugged and doesn't credit when tamed either.

Arctic Fox Kit... someday.
(does a snow dance)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
For some reason my Sunny Day and Sandstorm are hit and miss. It's like I get the damage for the attack but the event doesn't happen or persist. Did anyone else see that?
Reply Quote
09/29/2012 03:15 PMPosted by Elderbrand
For some reason my Sunny Day and Sandstorm are hit and miss. It's like I get the damage for the attack but the event doesn't happen or persist. Did anyone else see that?

That's not what people are talking about here. There are certain pets that will only spawn when there's a weather effect in that zone. Like the silithid hatchling in Tanaris only appears during a sandstorm. Or the baby ape in Stranglethorn that only appears when it is raining.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Before pet battles were implemented and the ability to capture pets became available I couldn't go into STV without it raining. Now? I could be parked there for hours (and often do) with nothing to show for it because the rain has apparently stopped falling. I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but weather effects in classic zones aren't proccing as often as they used to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
09/29/2012 09:11 PMPosted by Bomdanil
Before pet battles were implemented and the ability to capture pets became available I couldn't go into STV without it raining. Now? I could be parked there for hours (and often do) with nothing to show for it because the rain has apparently stopped falling. I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but weather effects in classic zones aren't proccing as often as they used to.

It is rather irritating if you ask me. I managed to catch a spawn of onyxia before catching a silithid hatchling, still don't have one either.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Hunter
If you are looking for rain in order to capture the Baby Ape it rains on the island where they spawn quite often when it's not raining anywhere else in STV.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I've had a toon camped in Storm Peaks since wed. When plying I log onto him every hr to check. No snow storms still. I've managed to get a Spawn of Onyxia and a Minfernel before I've seen it snow in storm peaks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]