Townlong Steppes - The Torches

96 Dwarf Paladin
On the quest "The Torches" in Townlong Steppes, the Mist-Shaman Torch objects are despawning before the Mist-Shaman are killed (most of the time). Extremely difficult to complete this quest. After killing about 6 Mist-Shaman, I have only been able to collect 1 torch.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
i had this same issue while completing the quest. if they stun you just before they die you dont have enough time to get the torch
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warlock
09/26/2012 06:46 PMPosted by Daumaenis
On the quest "The Torches" in Townlong Steppes, the Mist-Shaman Torch objects are despawning before the Mist-Shaman are killed (most of the time). Extremely difficult to complete this quest. After killing about 6 Mist-Shaman, I have only been able to collect 1 torch.

I am having the same problem with this quest, but there are also times where I am able to kill the Mist-Shaman and reach the torch, which shows up sparkley, but will not let me "pull" it. After a few seconds, it will then disappear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I'm having the same problem as Reikisoul. The torches don't despawn too soon, it just doesn't let me pull them even though it looks like I should be able to.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I found this suggestion on Thottbot that seemed to work...

If you make sure that you have at least 1 empty bag space in your bags (regardless of whether you've pulled a torch already and have a stack) then it resolved the problem for me. So if your bags are full and you've pulled one torch already, you need at least one extra empty bag space in order to pull more.

I ran into a similar problem with cooking, I wasn't able to make something even though I already had some in my bag because I didn't also have an extra bag space.

It looks like there's a general inventory bug here.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Jimsasham, TY! That was the issue! Nice to see you again. ;)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]