Monk Weapon Placement Feedback

90 Pandaren Monk
I really wished they fixed this before it went live =(

I honestly think there should be a glyph that's the reverse of Jab also: one that has your monk using the actual weapon styles of the weapons they hold.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I like the orientation, I just think placement for them is a little high in some cases.
Reply Quote
I absolutely LOVE that we put swords/maces on our back. The staffs are.. meh, but its bearable because the swords look so sick on our back.
Reply Quote
I'm all for the kung-fu stuff, but I want a reverse glyph of jab where we use the weapons in our autoattacks.

I mean, we finally get a class that can actually /use/ staves/polearms for fighting and... they leave them on the back of their neck.

Also Weapon place bad +1 (Tree still pretty though)

Or just make another glyph,..

anyway I am good with the one handed weapons,.. it's the staff placement being upside down that bothers me but meh.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Warrior
09/29/2012 07:18 AMPosted by Wu
First off, keep this style. Leave the weapons high on the back. They really can't change that without changing the animation. It's pretty fluid.

yeah leave it that way and monks can be used as walking lightning rods or maybe blizzard could attach a permanent flag to staves, so in warsong our staves could be used as flags!

i cant understand how people are saying that the Staff placement is alright .. hello ?

yes the normal weapons are "meh" ok the staff is ok (that it is upside down) but...

http://i48.tinypic.com/ak9vyb.jpg

look at this and tell me that you will run around lika that, and think its cool ?

WTF?!
Edited by Sadpanda on 9/29/2012 10:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
61 Pandaren Monk
http://i48.tinypic.com/ak9vyb.jpg

look at this and tell me that you will run around lika that, and think its cool ?

WTF?!

It's like that so all staves will look fluid with the animation. I agree that they could be moved down some, but don't expect them to center on your back. The position is based on where the weapon is held, so in order to make it higher/lower, they would need to modify the individual weapons, which is a large task.
Reply Quote
60 Human Monk
These are the quick solutions I see fit;

Glyph of Bare Fists: You no longer display weapons when using skills or out of combat.

Adjust the positioning of weapons slightly - certain weapons may be impossible to adjust perfectly due to their odd shapes.

Allow monks to X-mog any one-hand weapon to another. Sword - Knuckles
Perhaps you could also have Staves - Polearms

Add a visual option in the Display Options "Hide Weapon (monk only)"
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Warrior
nobody is talking about that the staff should be changed to another position its about its visible height, its flying in the air .. i mean why would monks balance their staves on their shoulders and not have them on their back ?

nobody wants them in the middle or on the left side ... the position is perfectly fine, its about that they need to go down

here you can see an example of what i am talking about :

http://imgur.com/a/t8zKl
Reply Quote
14 Pandaren Monk
+1 and all that.

The idea of slinging the weapons on the back is fine. I like that part. But it's done so very badly. On my female pandaren, the handles impale the back of my head when I'm walking no matter what hair cut I use, and unless I use one only 2 or 3 hairstyles the handle just vanishes into my hair.

It's not like Blizzard hasn't done back-mounted weapons! Both 1H and 2H weapons already exist that back-mount, so there's no reason for screwing it up this badly.

I realize it's probably not a super critical issue in the grand scheme of things, but it's very unfortunate and needs to be fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/29/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Sadpanda
http://imgur.com/a/t8zKl

Yes!! That would be perfect!! =D

The position is based on where the weapon is held, so in order to make it higher/lower, they would need to modify the individual weapons, which is a large task.

Yeah, considering all the different staff models it would. Though maybe they shoulda thought about that when they decided to change them all for Monks.

It seems like the thought process was something like:

Blizz Guy 1: "Hey, lets make all staffs and such hang upside-down on Monks."
Blizz Guy 2: "Awesome, but shouldn't we go through all the different models to make sure they all holster right?"
Blizz Guy 1: "Nah, just turn them upside-down."
Blizz Guy 2: "Ok!!"

I'm sure they didn't mean for a bunch of weapon models to be messed up, but they are. If they're gonna keep them like this then they should fix it so its no longer a game of "I Hope This Weapon Doesn't Look Completely Stupid." Like this: http://i.imgur.com/0KH97.jpg

09/29/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Equanimity
Glyph of Bare Fists: You no longer display weapons when using skills or out of combat.

I'm very much liking this idea. Seeing as how Monks first came about as a way to fight without the use of weapons I really like the idea of not even having my weapons there. Its in the Monk game guide that Monks learned "weaponless combat" because they weren't allowed weapons by the Mogu.

Why am I using weapons when my fighting style is all about not having to use them!?
Reply Quote
37 Tauren Monk
Hierloom Maces look amazing right now, the staff is slightly off putting but I like it in a way, it looks like you're gonna swing it around head first or something.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have to agree, the 1 hand maces stacking is horrible
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Has anyone seen anything from Blizz about this? Anything at all? Ive looked around but all Ive found was some old forum posts from the beta.

Its kinda annoying that they'll reply to several "I hate MoP" threads but not to the ones with real issues. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
http://imgur.com/FZHRy
Reply Quote
13 Tauren Priest
Since the only animation the staff is used for is Jab, it would make sense that, with Glyph of Jab, since the weapon is no longer used at all, that it should revert to its "default" position just like other classes. That seems like it would be fairly simple to program in.

I mogged the heirloom to the training staff that monks get at Peak of Serenity, and it looks great... except for the positioning. Annoying when I've got another 55 levels to look at it.
Reply Quote
41 Tauren Monk
I really like the idea of the Monk placing their weapons differently. It shows that there's a real difference in fighting style between a Monk and, say, a Fury Warrior.

That said, the positionals could have been implemented better, like DW weapons being a bit too high on the back, for one.

Bring down DW weapons and cause Glyph of Jab to set 2H weapons in the normal position (right-side up). If you're using the glyph, you're not using your weapon anyway, right?

[edit]: What Kath said >_<
Edited by Crunchacca on 9/30/2012 8:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah, I wouldnt mind the upside-down stuff if they'd just fix the placements. Some of the weapons are just sooooo high up.

Ideally, Id like for there to be a glyph or something that would hide your weapons so it looks like you really are just using your fists. Since thats how Monks are actually supposed to fighting I think it would be really awesome.
Reply Quote
6 Worgen Warrior
I think monk weapons need to be higher

http://i.imgur.com/G1k7a.jpg

Too low imo, maybe like on the back of the neck
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like that the staves are upside-down, considering the animations. I do agree the placement is a bit off. The duel-weld placement is odd also. I don't mind them on my back, but their placement is a bit off too.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]