Stromgarde

90 Draenei Paladin
10/01/2012 11:06 AMPosted by Everen
First things first: The tab key is your friend. Don't neglect him like that. Ever. Again.

What about Mr. Enter Key? I'm fairly sure he's been tied up in a basement and savagely beaten with a sack of batteries, from the look of that wall.

I was reading this reply in the middle of class on my laptop, and I starting laughing out loud. I'm never gonna live this moment down with my classmates, and I don't care. Thank you for that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Once more the Blood Elves are forgotten about and underestimated. Any attack on the forsaken is bound to have Blood Elves coming to help. And seeing as how three of them wiped out an alliance fortress with an arcane tornado just imagen what a couple dozen of them can do.

The Alliance might get Stromgarde, I'd actually like them to get it back, but the rest of Lordaeron? Not a chance in hell, even holding Gilneas.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

You rang?

But, yeah, I want Danath to retake Stromgarde. Unlike Andorhal, it's far away enough from Tirisfal that it would make a good replacement for poor, lost Theramore.

Even if he does, it's going to be a hollow victory. Danath is pushing 70 and doesn't have any immediate family, and the paladin prince that rallied his people to cling to the last potential foothold in their city has been forsakenized to fight for the Horde.

Stick a fork in the Trollbane line, they're done. =\

Well There was "another" Dungallian ( Dantath's real family name.) In WC2. If Blizz "really" wants the family line to last, they could re-use him. =P

EDIT: He was from the RPG not WC2. So he may or may not be cannon.
Edited by Malodin on 10/1/2012 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Once more the Blood Elves are forgotten about and underestimated. Any attack on the forsaken is bound to have Blood Elves coming to help. And seeing as how three of them wiped out an alliance fortress with an arcane tornado just imagen what a couple dozen of them can do.

The Alliance might get Stromgarde, I'd actually like them to get it back, but the rest of Lordaeron? Not a chance in hell, even holding Gilneas.

I could argue with you about that statement for DAYS, but I will simply fix one error.

The Alliance already controls Gilneas.
Edited by Malodin on 10/1/2012 8:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin

If by "fortress" you mean "camp populated largely by civilians" then sure.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior

Also note that The Alliance also has mages that could be considered on-par, if not greater than the mages of the Sin'dorei.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
Don't forget that Sylvanas herself has said that the Forsaken and Blood Elves couldn't survive a full Alliance offensive.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Both the Blood Elves and the Forsaken are under populated and unprepared for a full scale Alliance attack. They'd get crushed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
09/30/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Darkhorde
large High Elf population

oxymoron
Reply Quote
40 Orc Warrior
I wouldn't mind to see a new Strom... just not under any Faction, let the Ravenholdt control it, let it grow to be a non-Goblin neutral city. it is far away from any Capital to make it a no Man's land already and Hammerfall and the Refuge Point aren't even decent installations to say that a Faction is really holding it.

Either still called Stormgarde or change it to Ravenholdt Keep/Raven's Square.

With an actual faction utility, maybe not a tabard, but purchasable rewards and perhaps a vanity item to stealth like a Rogue except in BGs and Arenas.

That would be good to see, Ravenholdt vs. Syndicate quests, dailies, a real reason to go there, besides the Tabard of the Defilers/League of Arathor.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
I think if Stromgarde came back as a neutral entity I would pretty much quit the game forever.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I would love to see the alliance take back Stromgarde and hell maybe even all of arathi, but you are delusional if you think blizzard is ever giving the alliance Hillsbrad, Silverpine, or Tirisfal as long as WoW still exists.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Stromgarde will more than likely never be in Alliance hands again. Blizzard said they don't have any plans of going to go back and touching up Azeroth zones. If they do, it will take a couple of years. Even then, don't get your hopes up and wish for a real, solid victory for the Alliance.
Edited by Mordstreich on 10/2/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I wouldn't mind to see a new Strom... just not under any Faction, let the Ravenholdt control it, let it grow to be a non-Goblin neutral city. it is far away from any Capital to make it a no Man's land already and Hammerfall and the Refuge Point aren't even decent installations to say that a Faction is really holding it.

With an actual faction utility, maybe not a tabard, but purchasable rewards and perhaps a vanity item to stealth like a Rogue except in BGs and Arenas.

That would be good to see, Ravenholdt vs. Syndicate quests, dailies, a real reason to go there, besides the Tabard of the Defilers/League of Arathor.

Bad idea. That would make it so there is no official Alliance presence north of the bridge. It also means the Horde would pretty much run the Arathi Highlands.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

All that would do is fuel more complaints and wouldnt make sense.

But im sure we will see Stromgarde arise as soon as we see a human with a gilnean voice. Or as soon as Kul Tiras appears.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Death Knight
I would like the worgen to retake what remain of Gilneas, if just to spark some battles between Gil and Silverpine.

Regarding Stromgarde, forget it. The Forsaken have been nearly unstoppable in conquering Hillsbrad, Silverpine, Tirisfal, and Arathi. The Horde may lose their hold on Arathi, they only have it because of lack of resistance, but reclaiming the ruined city wouldn't even fit with the lore. The humans all but abandoned Strom to build Stormwind (clever naming, btw). They wouldn't want to take it back, it can't support itself as a kingdom, and would require supplies. Plus the Horde would no doubt raid any emerging settlements and it would take massive rebuilding efforts to make the place livable. I know the place is close to the hearts of all you diehard Vanilla people, but it's been over for a while, even when the Trollbane's were still alive.

However, responding to the above proposals:

I actually wouldn't mind a truly neutral town. It's central enough in the continent to be busy, yet far enough from anything else to avoid any major attemts at a conquer. Just don't make it like Dalaran, that place drives me out of my mind. It's one thing to have those damn Silvers flaunted in my face, but the whole sense of denial the Kirin Tor imposes on the city is maddening. It's a sancuary vs neutral debate. Unable to attack, or able to attack after which you are killed by guards. I vote for the latter.

Whoever wanted the Alliance to obliterate the Foraken, not a chance in Hell. Their assualt has been too perfect to warrant a complete turn-around, and Sylvanas is too strong a character. She's the development team's pet project, they all favor her and she's an incredibly controversial character. Hated and loved on both factions, they need to be really careful messing with her. Remember how they almost killed her off? They had to bring her back of course. I'm not complaining, just telling you that you're out of your mind.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Maihray
The Horde may lose their hold on Arathi, they only have it because of lack of resistance, but reclaiming the ruined city wouldn't even fit with the lore. The humans all but abandoned Strom to build Stormwind (clever naming, btw).

No, they didn't. Stromgarde fell during the Third War, long after Stormwind was rebuilt.

I actually wouldn't mind a truly neutral town. It's central enough in the continent to be busy, yet far enough from anything else to avoid any major attemts at a conquer.

Did someone honestly just suggest a neutral Stromgarde? Are you nuts?

Whoever wanted the Alliance to obliterate the Foraken, not a chance in Hell. Their assualt has been too perfect to warrant a complete turn-around, and Sylvanas is too strong a character.

Their assault was plagued by constant setbacks and tactical blunders that were only fixed by Sylvanas deploying superweapons against targets that should not have required superweapons to destroy. She's acknowledged that the Alliance could obliterate the Forsaken at any time if they were so inclined.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
The thought of neutral Stromgarde is enough to make me sick.
Reply Quote
I actually wouldn't mind a truly neutral town

...you are aware of the incredible insult that is, right? Stromgarde is the very cradle of human civilization, and as humanity is currently engaged in a war for their very survival against the Horde, making Stromgarde neutral would be absurdly stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
10/03/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Everen
I actually wouldn't mind a truly neutral town

...you are aware of the incredible insult that is, right? Stromgarde is the very cradle of human civilization, and as humanity is currently engaged in a war for their very survival against the Horde, making Stromgarde neutral would be absurdly stupid.

And plus they were one of the kingdoms who voted to kill all the orcs, them going neutral for the sake of a "cool" city wouldnt make sense at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]