Respectable Players/Guilds

92 Pandaren Shaman
Most active I've ever seen the Eitrigg forums. Shame it's because of drama.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
failtrigg
Edited by Oriencor on 2/26/2013 8:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
Keeping in mind that if this were a PvP server, this whole discussion would be mute.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks everyone who got completely away from the topic at hand.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
I think last night was a demonstration as to why we have a long way to go in regards to the topic at hand.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I agree with Psychomantis on how the world bosses should be handled between guilds. That's how we try to operate.

I was there for both kills and didn't get flagged on either night. The 1st night we told everyone to let SDM have a clear shot at the Sha. It looked to us as if a horde flagged themselves right before we went for our attempt to try and muck up our kill. I know because I spotted a lone horde nameplate turn yellow and warned people in vent that there was a flagged horde, and to be careful not to flag. I was peeved because the same courtesy we gave wasn't being returned. No one on either side was flagged for pvp until 1 person in the horde group flagged themselves first. To our group, it seemed like we killed the Sha despite a horde group trying to hinder us. I don't know who attacked him from our side. I don't know if it was an accident from tab targeting, or a pug. I just know someone on horde who wasn't flagged, suddenly became flagged when the horde wiped. I don't know what instructions were given on the horde side, but it looked to us like some of them tried to screw us and failed.

The next evening everyone was instructed not to attack horde players and to let SDM get a clean shot. From reading raid chat I spotted a few level 87-88 pugged players that started saying to attack horde, after we instructed them not to. We wound up having to kick them after they got themselves and and a few other people unintentionally flagged. Angermage wasn't one of them. There was also another alliance group that wasn't part of our raid there. They were trolling someone in our group by whispering for them to stop healing our tank. Their group may have been attacking flagged horde players.

Azendance, stop whining. Angermage did not attack you. He didn't get flagged. He came into the raid group from doing BG's. He's not lying. Angermage is a well intentioned guy. He's one of the last people who would try to screw up another group of players from pulling off an attempt, just to get an achieve.

I on the other hand, might have killed you if you were flagged for 10 achievement points. I've been slacking lately and need to start getting my total back up.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
I've no issue with people killing me, I just want them to be proud when they do.

There was still someone there who flagged and sat in the group, and at this point I do doubt it was SS who instigated it. But you need to realize how silly it sounds that SDM flagged themselves right before a fight with a world boss surrounded by alliance. Someone flagged and cost us the kill. I appreciate that you guys say you will not be part of anything like that in the future. And out of respect to my guild officers I will not make any attempt to mess with yours and discourage others the same.
10/05/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Angermage
You got to let us know what Blizzard tells you when you submitted a ticket. That would contribute a lot to this conversation I believe.

I didn't put in a ticket. Scummy as it was, it was still within the game rules, and knew they would do nothing.
Edited by Azendence on 10/5/2012 4:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'm sorry but I cant get over how absurd it is to hear you guys, both horde and alliance I guess... claim that someone just decided to tag themselves pvp before a boss fight. Has something that utterly stupid ever crossed your mind before you start fighting something in the middle of a huge group where you know 40 other of the opposite faction are hoping to hell you wipe? Come on. The people who are dumb enough to think something like that probably don't even know how to flag themselves pvp.

So for your accusations... tell me one last time exactly how you saw it go?

"Hmmm look at all the opposite faction standing up there hoping I wipe.... I'm just going to tag myself pvp so hopefully they wipe our raid...."

Is that how you thought it went? Does that sound like I understand what you are saying correctly? Come on don't be ridiculous.

If you love to pvp just go do arena's RBGs... They're a blast at all levels. from 1500 to 2700. Just don't get butthurt and wipe another raid because your lock couldn't summon faster than the other lock. If you want to do that come to Illidan/KT and have some fun. We have a blast with the pvp there, where it's supposed to be a world PVP server.
Reply Quote
Psychomantis wrote: As GM of SDM all I would like to add is a motion of good will, lets say a truce between all guilds on both Horde and Alliance.

Psychomantis wrote: If we can come to some agreement we can all live in peace.

Psychomantis wrote: I'm going to relay this to the members of SDM and hope everyone can put what has transpired aside and we can move forward.

I, RogueSD leader of the Bloodwing Knights, would like to second the motion of Psychomantis and call a truce.

I assure you that this type of behavior is unacceptable to me and does not represent what we stand for. I was witness to the events of Thursday Night and I totally disagreed with the decision of a few of our members to interfere with SDM's world boss kill. Once the situation degraded into an all out slugfest I was unable to quickly put a stop to it and I apologize for that. I assure you if I find that our members continue to cause problems like this they will be removed from our guild.

Since we seem to be moving into uncharted territory regarding competition for world boss kills, I think we need to agree on some unwritten rules...

these make sense to me...

Psychomantis wrote: What should happen in my opinion.
-If a group tags/pulls the boss then they should get an uninterrupted attempt at the boss.
-If a group wipes then the boss is free game upon re spawn, the group that pulls it next is entitles an uninterrupted attempt.

What should not happen.
-Flagging and standing in the middle of the raid in an attempt to get the opposing faction to mistake you for an add and get the raid flagged so they can be killed.
-Using any tactics to attempt to get the boss to despawn

Grey area (aka judgement calls/general courtesy)
-Players that show up flagged. A smart raid leader should make them sit aside until they unflag. A good gesture of courtesy would be to not attack any flagged players during the boss encounter. Before the boss encounter (grouping up) I'm not going to be so uptight to say that world PVP can not exist but if you can resist the urge then it would be cool but I'm not holding anyone to this from either side.
Edited by Roguesd on 10/5/2012 5:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
So brave.
Reply Quote
In all seriousness I agree w/ Rogue and Psychomantis.
Edited by Yammymuzkin on 10/6/2012 7:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I won't deny that I got a few kicks out of it, but I'll agree to let it be the last time I mess with a Horde guild. (Especially one like SDM whom I very-much admire, Bladereaper was my idol as a young cow back in BC)

Finders, Keepers I suppose.
Edited by Ragemonger on 10/5/2012 9:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Hunter
I was in town recruiting so I have no clue who started what. As the raid lead i made it clear anyone who flagged would be kicked and did kick a few. (not heals though since not really their fault). Also on the achievement progess thing about anger and speaking as someone with a few points in my achievement panel if someone in your group kills a horde for that achievement flagged or not you get credit as well. So anyone nearby in the killers group also got that credit. I don't see the point in griefing a world boss you can only loot once a week. If we don't get it first we will get it later in the week. Any group I form won't attempt to screw with any pulls. I can't speak to what a pug will do but i know at least my guild won't be the ones doing it.

I will also say again that since you admitted it was you that attacked the player to flag your raid you need to be more careful. I would expect someone of your skill to actually shoot what they mean to shoot and have raid awareness. I feel like a lot of the anger you have at us is simply because you messed it up for your raid. We had 40 people two days in a row manage not to target flagged players. It was a mistake and its part of killing world bosses. It has happened on pve servers since vanilla. There is always some idiot that wants to !@#$ with someone else.

Will also say again that it isn't a big deal you said yourself the gear will be obsolete soon enough and having a huge amount of drama over this is pointless.

Psycho I have no problems with the you tag you kill set up you suggest. Just keep in mind that neither side can fully control the random pugs we have to bring in at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
And this is why I wish they had stuck with the PVP zone+instanced boss model that has been working fine for the past 4 years.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
10/06/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Gnipon
And this is why I wish they had stuck with the PVP zone+instanced boss model that has been working fine for the past 4 years.

What he said.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/06/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Gnipon

10/06/2012 07:23 AMPosted by Mxlpct

What he said.

hes a noob tho tho occasionally on the ball
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]