Respectable Players/Guilds

90 Gnome Warlock
I was in the Valley doing my farming dailies (I think) when I saw in /1 that the boss was up. I also remember seeing talk about a horde guild making an attempt, and moments later I saw some random insignificant name say something to the effect of ha ha, I wiped them. So, yes, you guys got intentionally flagged but I assure you it wasn't Angermage or Ragemonger, I know their names and it would have been a shock to see them doing something like this. I couldn't tell you the name, but he took a bit of a verbal beating for doing so. I was invited into one of the groups (Remission wasn't leading it, we had 4-5 people), and we pulled, and promptly wiped because our healers healed a flagged player. We were told to stand back after the wipe, I even remember the green raid marker where we were asked to wait.

I would chalk this all up to some random person, new or not, who gets off on making the lives of others difficult. Sadly there are those on both sides, no use trying to hide it.
Edited by Doktordeth on 10/7/2012 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
talking about bad behavior vexon from exalted with the floor flagged intentionly to cause a wipe horde side on a sha attempt

GG

then again raid lead would not listen or do anything when I repeatedly warned him
Reply Quote
Just a little something I've noticed lately, and maybe many of you aren't experiencing this, but --

So, it's not ok to interfere with a world boss attempt, but it's entirely ok to interfere with the other faction's dailies? I've had quite a few moments since I started the daily grind where someone has flown in, and stolen what was quite obviously mine. I was there, attacking a mob, so I could loot the item, when a member of the opposing faction decided to take my stuff and laugh. It's happened more than once.

Granted, it does take me longer to kill stuff than a dedicated DPS toon (I'm a Disc fanboy). I do have shadow, but I'm in all healer gear that's been reforged for healing, but if I'm obviously going to grab a quest item right next to a pack of mobs I'm slowly killing, shouldn't I be able actually get it? I'm the one who did the work. Or do we have special rules for world boss/dailies now?

**Edit** I do realize that respawns are quite different between dailies and world bosses, but when it's done intentionally and happens time and time again -- that's when I have an issue with it.
Edited by Yammymuzkin on 10/7/2012 11:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What you say, Yummy, is an issue but not one that I believe will be able to completely be handled. Obviously, some players will not interfere with dailies because they know respawns and such are much different; but the audience that participate in daily quests is much different then those who would take part in a world boss in my opinion.

The 'truce' about world bosses will be able to more contained. Dailies however, is just something that will always have to be dealt with.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Let me provide the details. Not all of the players were Soulstorm and bloodwing knight players, because we take everyone and anyone to fill the 40 person raid (even several level 88 players). Our raid leader was the lead. We even had another smaller Alliance raid lead by Remission as well.

As we were forming the raid you pulled and you had 1 player who was flagged. Someone attacked him. Our raid leader said in raid chat not to attack the horde because then they will return the favor and attack us when or if we get our chance. We were all confident you would fail though, because you did not have the numbers or the gear to defeat the world boss. Once a player heals a flagged player, rezzes an alliance player or directly attacks a horde player it will flag you. AOE will not flag a player. So when one of your players was attacked you tried to heal him/her and it flagged your healers. This started the little battle between the alliance and horde players.

Our raid leader told everyone to stand on him (away from the boss) and stop attacking the horde. Once you failed we pulled and you attacked our flagged players (some who attacked you and many others who tried to heal those being attacked) and we wiped as well (because we had no healers since they were flagged and were killed). The 2nd alliance raid group with less than 15 players then wiped. By that time we had kicked some of the players who were flagged or other previous flagged players were no longer flagged and we began the process of beating the boss.

If you do not believe what I said was true then you need to ask the GM from Blizz about our raid chat and they will tell you our raid leader did say not to attack the horde.

Also, before you speak like you would not do the same thing I want to remind you the previous day you failed on the Sha of Anger (again we forming the raid) and then stood on the boss to get us flagged so you could wipe us. I did not complain, because I actually feel bad that SDM can not find 40 horde players to kill the world bosses.

Thanks.

Holy !@#$ I think you may have taken that mans soul with this ether hahaha <3

Horde and Alliance throwing shots at each other this is interesting *grabs popcorn* Jay-z and Nas don't got !@#$ on this hahaha
Edited by Theraflu on 10/7/2012 2:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
i was disappointed there was no Tol Barad style pvp area in MoP but maybe it won't matter lol
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/07/2012 11:58 PMPosted by Biffin
i was disappointed there was no Tol Barad style pvp area in MoP but maybe it won't matter lol

TB still gives 600 rep on a win >.<
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just a little something I've noticed lately, and maybe many of you aren't experiencing this, but --

So, it's not ok to interfere with a world boss attempt, but it's entirely ok to interfere with the other faction's dailies? I've had quite a few moments since I started the daily grind where someone has flown in, and stolen what was quite obviously mine. I was there, attacking a mob, so I could loot the item, when a member of the opposing faction decided to take my stuff and laugh. It's happened more than once.

Granted, it does take me longer to kill stuff than a dedicated DPS toon (I'm a Disc fanboy). I do have shadow, but I'm in all healer gear that's been reforged for healing, but if I'm obviously going to grab a quest item right next to a pack of mobs I'm slowly killing, shouldn't I be able actually get it? I'm the one who did the work. Or do we have special rules for world boss/dailies now?

**Edit** I do realize that respawns are quite different between dailies and world bosses, but when it's done intentionally and happens time and time again -- that's when I have an issue with it.

Ha! Don't feel bad, bud, I've had fellow Horde do the same thing to me so its not a faction vs faction thing. Just douchebags, is all.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman

Ha! Don't feel bad, bud, I've had fellow Horde do the same thing to me so its not a faction vs faction thing. Just douchebags, is all.

Yeah, this happens regardless of faction. Naturally because Allies outnumber 2-1 it tends to happen more often by them, but it's not disproportionate at all. Douches gonna douche.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Haha sucker gnip yesturday I stole like 3 kills from you
Reply Quote

Yeah, this happens regardless of faction. Naturally because Allies outnumber 2-1 it tends to happen more often by them, but it's not disproportionate at all. Douches gonna douche.

Ahh, true. Douchebagery is tough to cure.
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
Eh. 0/10
Edited by Azendence on 10/9/2012 5:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/08/2012 08:57 PMPosted by Thebutthurt
Soulstorm is one of the least respectable guilds on the server at the moment. They keep following me around while doing dailies and taking my kills sap and other things. Not to mention what they did at the world boss. This Guild leader needs to get his people in check.

LOL! When did SDM get so full of babies? Get over yourselves. No one should respect you or your guild. Bravo to Soulstorm and any other Alliance guilds who make you work for the bosses you think you are "entitled" to.

The real problem is SDM players have been carried by their name, they used to be "big shots" but are mostly garbage players now. They aren't used to better guilds, especially ones on other factions, making them work a bit XD

I love dk's who hide behind there alts =D
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/09/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Theraflu
I love dk's who hide behind there alts =D

Indeed - for those who are unaware, there are tools that link characters that post from the same account. So think before you troll, because it may not be as anonymous as you realize...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I remember quite a few SDM players being flagged while we were successfully killing the dragon for his shiny dragon toys, but I guess we're just going to not mention that huh?
Reply Quote
92 Pandaren Shaman
Literally an "I know you are but what am I?!"

Anger, baby, don't take it personally. Have there been SDM members that have been jerks? Almost certainly. But they don't represent me, nor most of the people I interact with in guild. If you don't do those things, you aren't part of the problem. You seem to be trying to undermine Shammy's claim that certain Soulstorm people are giving your guild a bad rap, and should look into that. There being bad SDM folk who have slighted you in the past does not excuse the behavior of members in the present, and to try to defend it like eye for an eye will only leave us all blind.

If someone is acting like a prick, inform an Officer of the guild about it. Don't use it as justification for griefing another player. Have you learned nothing from the thread? We're trying to AVOID that stuff, not justify it.

10/09/2012 01:41 PMPosted by Jelloisbad
I remember quite a few SDM players being flagged while we were successfully killing the dragon for his shiny dragon toys, but I guess we're just going to not mention that huh?

Name names to someone who can answer to it instead of creating an image of shadowy villainous ne'er do wells? The guild leader posted in this thread, you have his name and he has a mailbox, and he has asked you to inform him of the behavior. I'm not sure what else you want from him? Public flogging?
Edited by Azendence on 10/9/2012 2:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]