Gotta catch 'em all!

90 Pandaren Priest
Okay, I have to confess. The first thing I tried out when MoP went live was the pet battles.

It is pretty fun. Looking for pets to tame in the wild is becoming very addicting.

Campy music aside for the pet battles (yeah, Blizz definitely stole from Pokemon for this one, but we all knew that) - it's a pretty fun activity to do on the side.

Who else is out there farming critters? Catch anything fun yet?

Oh, and watch out for squirrels and rabbits when you're just starting out. Those kicked my butt, haha. BUT, I also didn't look at their levels or their abilities BEFORE trying to tame them. All those years of my little sister's addiction to Pokemon (and now my children, too) didn't sink in with me, it seems. My fire phoenix let me down!

Fun times. *wink*
Edited by Jaerika on 9/25/2012 9:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I still can't believe they implemented pet battles. So much other stuff they could have introduced instead of this silly game-within-a-game....

All that being said, Clatters, my fossilized raptor hatchling, will soon be a contender. >.>
Reply Quote
91 Orc Shaman
I think it's an awesome new addition. There is a crowd of players that this is really going to be prime for. My wife for one is quite likely to become even more addicted to the game (which greatly increases my opportunities for weekend WoW adventures).

I don't know if this is specifically new to MMO's but it's genius for this game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Blizzard EXCELS at adding content for various levels/ranges/skill/interest. They include a broad range of subject matter that has potential for appealing to a broad range of players. There is a lot, and I mean a LOT of content and things to do in this patch. It's kind of nice having a new something to 'farm' for when you're bored (etc) and flying around going about your merry business.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/25/2012 09:39 AMPosted by Jaerika
Campy music aside for the pet battles (yeah, Blizz definitely stole from Pokemon for this one, but we all knew that) - it's a pretty fun activity to do on the side.

The music is actually Warcraft 2 and Warcraft 3 remakes.

Also, having fun with my team, currently: Sprite Darter Hatchling, Disgusting Oozling, and Restless Shadeling.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Sprite darter! So far I've got HR Puffnstuff the purple pufferfish and Shinobi my cat. Not sure who I want for a third, but I do like my phoenix or Lil Tarecgosa.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest

Oh, and watch out for squirrels and rabbits when you're just starting out. Those kicked my butt, haha.

Those must have been squirrels and rabbits of the vorpal variety.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
I completely AGREE! It is so addicting! - I was tweaking out on it yesterday morning. .. .Hadn't realized 3 hours passed by! I checked myself saying . .. . hmmm you are LEVELING YOUR ENCHANTED BROOM. . .HAHA WHAT? I just wanted to see what the sandstorm thing was . .. not my fav - but STILL.. .had to see =)

- Which one is your favorite to battle with?

I love renaming them!! - My Dung Beetle is now called BEETDOWN! Siamese cat, Tiptop!
I'm still discovering all of the cool abilities and delighted with the oddity!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Renaming is a lot of fun. :-) The only thing I don't like is the names are shared across your toons. But that goes with the pet sharing.

I was originally going to use my fire phoenix but he is actually horrible against critters like rabbits and whatnot. I looked at my pet book for pets that would work well against the ones I want to catch - and I ended up going with my Blue Dragonhawk since they're good against critters (I think I mean to say beast, but it's the icon with the rat) and flying creatures (owls, etc.). So not my favorite pet in my book, but he's pretty dang good for battling. ;-)

I hope to be able to work on some of my other pets too. I haven't really looked through my collection to see what I want to actually use, lol!

Glad to hear everyone's having fun! And yes, YES, the squirrels were especially of the vorpal kind.

@Ocba and others, I've been eyeing my Sprite Darter. :-) In ways I don't like how certain pets have to be used to capture certain kinds of critters, but that's the name of the game!

(Ocba, I didn't know about that with the music. Sadly I never had the chance to play the Warcraft games. I tried not long ago, but I just don't have the time to go back and do it. I would love to, if nothing else than to explore the old lore!)
Edited by Jaerika on 9/27/2012 9:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
My pet battle team!

Grunty
Deathy
Murkablo

I call it murlocalypse
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]