Can I install Mists of Pandaria from the CDs

87 Undead Rogue
I havent played since shortly before the latest patch and due to my poor internet I was wondering if I can just install mists of pandaria off of the discs instead of through the downloader. I understand that the MoP content was included in the patch but I wish to download the content off the CD instead to save my self some hours of waiting.

Any help would be appreciated
thank you
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I havent played since shortly before the latest patch and due to my poor internet I was wondering if I can just install mists of pandaria off of the discs instead of through the downloader. I understand that the MoP content was included in the patch but I wish to download the content off the CD instead to save my self some hours of waiting.

thank you

That would likely produce MORE of a download.

If you were fully patched, you've got Mists already. Everyone uses the same client.
Reply Quote
87 Undead Rogue
Alright ill just let it patch, thanks for the response
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have not completed the mist download because i have not been playing recently but now i have bought the CD's and i want to use them to install the game rather than wait for the remaining 6 giga bytes (last time i checked) to download but everytime i put the CD's in it just opens the downloader, any way you can get it to install off the disks rather than the downloader?
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Shaman

thank you

That would likely produce MORE of a download.

If you were fully patched, you've got Mists already. Everyone uses the same client.

Wouldn't it make sense then to not include the CD. Since it'll be out of date in a couple of patches and I guess it does produce more of a download. You could save quite a bit of money to not include the discs.
Reply Quote
I have the same question, havent played in a few months, dont have the patch for MoP and bought the CD's thinking it would save me a hell of a lot of download since my internet really isnt the greatest... is there ANY way to avoid this 6 gig download?
Reply Quote
33 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Infämous
I have the same question, havent played in a few months, dont have the patch for MoP and bought the CD's thinking it would save me a hell of a lot of download since my internet really isnt the greatest... is there ANY way to avoid this 6 gig download?

6GB isn't that much. You could copy from a friend that has it downloaded, or maybe go to Starbucks and download it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2012 06:19 PMPosted by Infämous
No, there isn't any way to bypass the 5.0.4 patch since the files on the disks for MoP are 5.0.1.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Well that blows. Thanks for the responses.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Hunter
Everytime i try to install mop from the disc the launcher says game is up to date but when i log in it is not.
Reply Quote
MVP
86 Night Elf Priest
Where exactly is it telling you that the game is not up to date? If the launcher gives you the PLAY button and says it is up to date, then it is.

Is it possible you mean the Launcher / game is not indicating that you've upgraded your WOW account to MoP? The software, what the Launcher runs, is the same whether someone has a Starter Account, Battle Chest, Cataclysm, or MoP. The account is what controls the access, such as to Pandaria.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]