Destro lock for raiding MOP

100 Blood Elf Warlock
Well I kind of have an important question about stats I should build for my spec. As of the moment if you look at my armory, you'll see I am now stacking mastery and crit A LOT! I have a bunch of other blue gear in my bag from a few mo dungeons. DO you think for destro spec Mastery and crit is the way to go this xpac or do you think I am going down the wrong road and perhaps give me some advice on that? XD
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Depends on the specific situation. If there's another bull!@#$ fight like Heroic Spine, you're going to want mastery followed by crit, with haste last. General use, however, has that order reversed.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/25/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Vreivai
Depends on the specific situation. If there's another bull!@#$ fight like Heroic Spine, you're going to want mastery followed by crit, with haste last. General use, however, has that order reversed.

All right, thanks!
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Warlock
Could be situational yes. I found myself personally doing the most dps going sac talent with stacking mastery most with haste as my second most favored stat since crit really favors cb most. I figured I would buff everything all around going other way. Never was out of top 3 dps in my raids even with legendary folks competing I could beat them. Will see once we get final stats on higher tier gear. But that was my experience toward end of cata. I personally hate having pets due to target switches...there will be that time they just are not doing anything for you...lol. Fights like ultraxion however, switch to buffed pets talent. Remember, everything will be situational come mop and you will likely be throwing talents around almost every boss encounter. Do what feels best for you imo.
Reply Quote
I'm under the impression that Mastery is, point-for-point, the best damage increase for Destro and also the best for burst. Though I could be wrong. As for Haste and Crit, the benefit of each can be logically deduced pretty easily.

Both 1% haste and 1% Crit will increase your average Ember generation by 1% and increase your DPS by 1%. However, increasing Haste is mana-neutral, where increasing Crit is mana-positive, since you're getting more Embers out of the same number of casts and more mana regen time casting CB. Therefore, if you're risking going OOM during a fight, you need more Crit.

On the other hand, it takes less haste rating to gain 1% haste than it takes crit rating to gain 1% crit. So if you're not at risk of going OOM, stacking haste rating is the bigger DPS increase.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
All right, thanks :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Question here
Anyone notice that F&B colflag is on a completely different timer then the normal conflag? Meaning that every 12 seconds, if we are ok dropping an ember, we potentially have 6 charges of backdraft?
I dunno, I have to wait till 90 to run any sort of reasonable tests, but I'm feeling like there is going to be a way to work this mechanic into a dps increase.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I was doing 30k incins and 100k chaos bolts now, after 15min update i'm doing 12k incins, and 48k chaos bolts, nerfin already eh blizz, double you tea efff?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
09/26/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Precipitate
I was doing 30k incins and 100k chaos bolts now, after 15min update i'm doing 12k incins, and 48k chaos bolts, nerfin already eh blizz, double you tea efff?

Check your gear and stuff, I've seen no reduction.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/25/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Vreivai

Could someone please clarify for me? Does "order reversed" mean we prioritize haste>crit>mastery?

Or does this mean that priorities are mastery>haste>crit?

Noxxic and Icy Veins have entirely different order of stats at this time.

Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
My bad damn fishing pole!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Seems like there is a small gap in the rotation where everything is on cooldown, I have zero backdraft charges, and my immolate is up. Should I just cast slow incinerates or just use fel flame?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
09/27/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Lerajie
Seems like there is a small gap in the rotation where everything is on cooldown, I have zero backdraft charges, and my immolate is up. Should I just cast slow incinerates or just use fel flame?

Slow incin.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
my incin was at 5.2k today and I was in a heroic mop dungeon, my incins would always do 30-72k damage per incin and my chaos botls were criting for 160-202k. I sadly had to reforge some of my stats into hit due to the matter I was missing my immolate a few times and to me, immolate is still important. Now I have no idea how high I will hit at 4.7k mastery. On a side note, my haste is rather low and so are my incins without BD.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Look at my gear guys.. my incinerates only do 19k.. but then, randomly will start doing 44k for a short period (no buffs or procs happen to cause this) am i bugged?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]