Archaeology Keystones

90 Human Death Knight
Hello.

Since, I really don't like doing Archaeology because it is time consuming, would it be smart if I just bought the Keystones from Auction House? Or should I not?

If so, or if not, can you please explain why?
Also, stupid question but, is buying the Keystones only, allowed? That means no surveying what so ever. Would I get in trouble if I started buying the Keystones from Auction House instead of trying to survey for fragments?

Thanks in advance!
Reply Quote
i dont think you would get in any trouble, but from my experience it will only let you use a certain amount of keystones, so you do need pieces.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/26/2012 05:20 AMPosted by Muffalita
i dont think you would get in any trouble, but from my experience it will only let you use a certain amount of keystones, so you do need pieces.

Ah yes, your right. I just remembered. You can only have a maxim of three keystones I think. That, or it depends on the artefact your solving.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Warrior
Muffalia is correct, you can only use at the most 3 keystones... And many artifacts don't have any keystones.

Sorry Azzarth, I think you will still have to level the old way...

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
All in all, archaeology has gotten a lot better. If you have 280 or 310 flying (and as a DK, spec into pail horse) you can cover ground quick.

They have upped the number of fragments per dig. It used to be 3-5 frags per survey now it is something like 4 to 9.

They also have upped the number of surveys per dig site (that or I was incredibly lucky to have the same digsite spawn on top of itself at least 1 time every time since 5.0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]