LF Advice on Servers and Guild Choices

85 Undead Death Knight
Hello there,

I have been absent from the game for some time. Originally I had gone with a randomly generated server and was assigned to Dragonmaw (PvP). After doing some research, I discovered that this was a Pacific Time Zone Server. I was looking into starting a new on a Central Time Zone Server and was debating between these four: Emerald Dream (RP-PvP), Lightninghoof (RP-PvP), Maelstrom (RP-PvP) and Twisting Nether (RP-PvP).

I am not looking to get into a hardcore RP experience. I am more looking for a clean, mature and friendly environment. I would like to be participating in all aspects of the game in a casual manner (PvP, PvE, Raid, etc.).

I recently tried out Emerald Dream and the General Chat made me absolutely cringe the whole time I played. I know that every server will have this type of behavior but I was wondering which of these servers seem to have the most helpful and well mannered players.

I have played Guild Wars 2 for about a month now and the general chat was no where near the moronic raunchiness that I found on Emerald Dream and Dragonmaw. I don't understand why this is the case because this is a subscription based game and I figured more working class adults would have access it. Don't get me wrong, there was some moronic raunchiness in Guild Wars 2 but for a majority the player base seemed surprisingly helpful and clean.

I know some might suggest to turn off the general chat but I do like reading the feeds and seeing what people have to say and it seems to give off a slight clue on what the population's personality is like.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. I'll try to wrap up my request in three simple questions.

1) Which of the listed servers seems to have the most insightful and well mannered player base?

2) On your recommended server, would you say alliance players or horde players are more clean, helpful and mature?

3) Are there any guilds that are active, organized and have stood the test of time; that you could recommend to me that would mesh well with all my desired qualities and activities I have listed above?

Thank you so much for reading this post and taking your time to help me out!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Avoid Lightninghoof. Mature? No way. Active guilds? They transferred off.

Regardless, you won't find maturity to be a fruitful characteristic on any server.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]