Inferno Blast is great! But...

90 Troll Mage
...Is there any way you can increase the buffer for Heating Up when casting travel-time spells (Fireball, Pyroblast)? Normally, I wouldn't find it a tremendous problem -- it's no problem at range -- but when you're standing up close to an enemy's hitbox, even if you queue up Inferno Blast to go as soon as your Fireball launches, Fireball will sometimes hit first and ruin the Pyroblast, making it a DPS-loss when standing in melee range.

Whether it's a problem with client-server negotiation or not, it would be nice if there was least a small window of time before Heating Up faded, like what we have with Scorch. That's really my only complaint with fire right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
There is an addon called CastBars that was recommended to me by Sedivy. It shows an area of your cast that is where you can queue your next spell.

In almost all cases, I'm able to use Inferno Blast upon getting a Hot Streak if I hit it in the sweet spot that CastBars shows.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It's currently a minimum of 0.25s:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6397900436?page=27#523

You're saying that is too short to react? You must play with a fair amount of latency. My mage isn't my main, but I played fire on a bunch of heroics before MoP released and I didn't have any problems as long as I stayed on top of my crit maintenance.
Edited by Slant on 9/27/2012 11:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]