Free Character Transfers - 9/26

(Locked)

Community Manager
We’re providing free transfers off of overpopulated source realms that are currently seeing high queue times. If you’re on one of the below realms and would like to avoid waiting in queues to play, you can take advantage of these free transfers. We’ve done our best to match realm types and time zones for a smooth transfer process.

We’re planning to allow the current transfers to go until approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT, October 4, but please note that if a large number of people transfer to a destination realm we may need to end the free transfers early. If you’re planning to transfer we recommend doing so sooner rather than later.

Although free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, these free character transfers will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided the guild master completes a paid Guild Master Realm Transfer to the destination realm first, and does not change factions.

Free Transfers 9/27 – 10/4

To: Gundrak (Oceanic - PvP)

To: Mug’thol (Central – PvP)

To: Frostwolf (Pacific – PvP)

To: Velen (Mountain – PvE)
To: Exodar (Eastern – PvE)

To: Bloodscalp (Mountain - PvP)

To: Dark Iron (Pacific - PvP)

To: Trollbane (Eastern - PvE)

To: Alterac Mountains (Eastern - PvP)

To take advantage of these transfers log into Account Management, select your World of Warcraft license, and at the bottom click on Free Character Migration. Eligible characters will be listed. Please see the Free Character Migration Disclaimers and FAQ for more info.

We’ll be continuing to closely monitor realm concurrency, and will provide updates should the above transfers be altered, or any new transfers become available.
Edited by Bashiok on 9/27/2012 11:15 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Area 52 is PVE server
86 Tauren Druid
The FAQ says that characters who transfer after the guild xfers, who haven't joined a different guild, will retain their guild membership and reputation.

Is that not the case with free xfers?

Edit: OP was updated to reflect this... so yay! Guild moves, guildies keep their rep...
Edited by Cuso on 9/26/2012 8:15 PM PDT
73 Gnome Death Knight
Isn't Velen a PST PvE server as well?
19 Gnome Rogue
I have an entire guild that would like to move however the FAQs state that we will lose our guild upon transfer.

So basically this offer is only to individuals and not entire guilds?

Is there a way where we might move the entire population of the guild for free but then pay for a transfer of the guild itself without losing it or our affiliation with it?
90 Human Warlock
I have an entire guild that would like to move however the FAQs state that we will lose our guild upon transfer.

Is there a way where we might move the entire population of the guild for free but then pay for a transfer of the guild itself without losing it or our affiliation with it?

The guild leader can pay for a guild transfer. When the guild members use the Free Transfer service, they will retain the guild information/reputation.
Community Manager
09/26/2012 04:25 PMPosted by Larcis
Area 52 is PVE server

Crap! Thanks. What a difference a letter makes.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Gee thanks, I coughed up the cash to move off of A52 yesterday

Why did I move? because of the crashing I was doing.
Because of the 2 hour queues
Because I was bugged between phasings on the 2 intro quests in Pandaria for Horde, thus not allowing me to progress any further.

I wanted to play with my friends and couldn't. If I had known about this, while the server wouldnt have been my first choice, I would have hopped on it because then at least I could have played with my friends again!
Edited by Rìversong on 9/26/2012 4:43 PM PDT
4 Tauren Warrior
hey guys i try to transfer my dk from darkspear but it says he is online ? im not playing the gamee so what does this mean
plz help ty
19 Gnome Rogue

The guild leader can pay for a guild transfer. When the guild members use the Free Transfer service, they will retain the guild information/reputation.

Not trolling you just wondering how legit your statement is.

I fear taking the guild someplace and then finding out "after the act" that it doesn't work the way you suggest.

Thank you for your help Msinflatable

Got a link to someplace I can get official clarification on how to do that?
85 Draenei Death Knight
How is velen? I have characters on area 52 and I HATE the ratio of horde to alliance, its practically ten to one. Ill move to Velen if someone can vouch for it's decency.
4 Tauren Warrior
uhh can someone plz help with my question?
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Hey Bashiok... if Blizz wants to give me my 25 bucks back, I won't cry if they park me on Velen. But less than 24 hours after I do a paid transfer so that I am able to even play this toon, this stings :(
90 Worgen Death Knight
Bloodscalp needed free transfers to it 2-3 years ago. There's literally no raiding guilds left Alliance side now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]