Free Character Transfers - 9/26

(Locked)

12 Gnome Mage
Does the free transfer include a free faction change too by chance? I doubt it, but wanted to ask just in case. I'd be more than willing to transfer all 10 of my 85's off Illidan horde side to alliance Mug'thol side if I could do that for free. :)
85 Blood Elf Paladin
VoS
When do we get the fix for imbalanced servers ?
I've got more alliance than i could ever want over here on sargeras and barely enough horde to fill a raid
86 Blood Elf Paladin
SO the choice for KT is to move to Alterac Mountains, which has the same ratio issues?

This would make more sense , if you were to offer us to move to a BALANCED server with medium population. I love PVP as much as the next gal, but I am being forced to play my alliance toon, because I see how impossible it is for horde to quest in peace.

As much as people love FREE things, a bad offer, still bad!
88 Blood Elf Paladin
i would like to voice my self out there Wyrmrest Accord has been locked for about a week now and yet i don't see it on the list for free migration is there an explanation for this?
100 Night Elf Priest
To be completely honest, transfers don't do much good in the long run with CRZ active.

CRZ chooses what realm you play on per zone, you do not. So what's the point in a transfer?

Because you don't do raids with cross realm players? You don't join guilds with cross realm players?
90 Undead Warrior
I'd just like to reiterate that, although Dark Iron is a PST server, it does not physically reside on the west coast and there will be a substantial latency increase switching from Tichondrious to it.

I'm on the west coast, have characters on both Tich and DI, and here are the latencies I get for both:

DI (physically sits in Chicago I believe)
+ world 70ms (avg)
+ home 60ms (avg)
+ bgs avg around 110ms (flux between 90-130. I'm guessing you get bumped to an east coast server when in bgs which is horrible for melee as you will see noticable lag that does effect game play. For instance, can't hamstring a player you're standing on top of, players range abilities like shockwave when they are in range on your screen, etc...)

Tich
+ world 20ms
+ home 10ms
+ bgs 20ms

I would not recommend anyone that lives in the west transfer to DI if you care about game play quality. It's a bad deal.
86 Blood Elf Paladin
well.. I just had a random disconnect... (KT) and oh.... I come back to a Q of nearly 600!!! SO i tried to log on Alterac and well.. can't even get on.. and that is my only free Xfer choice >.>.

I understand that I have the choice to Xfer elsewhere if I want to (as long as I pay), however... been playing for over 5 yrs.. my 2 children have been playing just as long.

A little consideration for all the real currency I have dumped into this game would be appreciated tho.
Edited by Zívora on 10/2/2012 7:26 PM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
So, since there's no Guild Migration, my whole guild has to sit in que for an hour just to have our raid nights?
12 Gnome Mage
Nobody can answer my question? I'm a sad gnome :*(
85 Human Priest
09/26/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Aesix
Now why would I leave a server with 140k horde (area 52) to join a server, with 35k horde and 45k alliance? Some people are really impatient...

I guess its true horde stands for unable to do anything unless carried
If you need to drastically outnumber your competition to succeed by all means stay and wait in queue

uhh missy try my other server where its allys 4 to 1 horde ratio and then run off at the yap.
12 Blood Elf Mage
Why isn't Mal'Ganis on this list? I'd like to leave this server for free.
Edited by Avea on 10/3/2012 10:51 AM PDT
90 Troll Shaman
send more horde to antonidas!! its a horde wasteland here
90 Orc Monk
I guess its true horde stands for unable to do anything unless carriedIf you need to drastically outnumber your competition to succeed by all means stay and wait in queue

Being carried versus having the option to join difference skill set of guilds or having the versatility of groups on the server not to mention activity could be a more realistic reason versus cocky comment.
19 Gnome Rogue
09/27/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Unami
I don't understand why someone would join a PvP server if they don't want to be on a PvP server. Cross realm zoning doesn't change the fact that it's always been a PvP server and you've only been free of PvP because of faction imbalance. Why wouldn't you have chosen a PvE server to begin with?

I was on a PvE server I really enjoyed.

I had a friend who wanted me to join him on a PvP server.

Not really knowing much about it I tried it and I really enjoyed it for a couple of reasons.

1. WoW's PvP is cool down based, as opposed to cast/turn based like most MMOs.

2. It has a very fluid feel to it.

3 Has an almost FPS style twitch factor to it.

The problem is I stopped enjoying it after all the different changes were made to the PvP system.

Seriously after BC there really wasn't anything tying me to the server other than the fact that, by the time it stopped being enjoyable, transfers from PvP servers to PvE servers were not allowed.

No fast forward a few expansions and even though its allowed I have too many toons to transfer.

The "friend" who brought me to this server left WoW long ago because he thought playing a Warrior should be a free ride and should not take skill.

Playing on DS has had its ups and downs but with the addition of CRZ its basically the last straw for me.

TLDR: So in review...

09/27/2012 11:12 PMPosted by Unami
I don't understand why someone would join a PvP server if they don't want to be on a PvP server.

Most people wouldn't know how fun the PvP is or isn't on a PvP server until they have tried it and that requires them to make a toon on a PvP server.

Does the free transfer include a free faction change too by chance? I doubt it, but wanted to ask just in case. I'd be more than willing to transfer all 10 of my 85's off Illidan horde side to alliance Mug'thol side if I could do that for free. :)

No it doesn't.
Edited by Drtickles on 10/3/2012 7:01 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Monk
If the goal is to rebalance the overflowed servers, I don't understand why they restrict the options so much.

Rather than "you can only go to this server" it ought to be "you can go anywhere other than these ~10 servers". Many more people would take that offer. Better yet, make it free guild transfers, and also free return trip. Then people would leave.

The only reason not to make it that way is if Blizzard cares more about sucking out paid transfers than they do about fixing the affected realms.
Edited by Janxspirit on 10/3/2012 7:21 PM PDT
12 Gnome Mage

No it doesn't.

Even though that is disappointing, Thank You for answering!
90 Undead Warlock
im very very happy with my transfer, thanks, but sorry for KT... i dont see hordes, 95% of peeps that i know left to Alterac and now is pretty balance... i lost my own guild for this, we are trying to lvl a new one(hard), but i like this server.
But this free migration will be extend for a couple of days?? i know some people who didn't the transfer, maybe some change for free transfer guilds? =)
90 Pandaren Monk
Offer a reasonably priced multiple character transfer option or lose my business.
90 Troll Shaman
I'm just miffed I'm still stuck waiting in 1 hour+ ques just to play,
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]