Learning the ropes bugged?

90 Human Monk
or is it just me? I've grabbed it from 2 different npc's. My lil xt is now level 4, and I still haven't gotten the "1/1 win a pet battle"

Am I doing it wrong? I'm in elwynn looking for fights, wild pets not people.

This may belong in the bug section but since this forum is dedicated to it just want some clarification.

Thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
It worked fine for me. In fact, I trained pet battles on one toon, went and leveled, logged in a different toon, flew around did pet battles, went and picked up the quest on that toon, and then completed it.

So I suggest either trying it on a different toon, or swapping to a different pet.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
It worked fine for me. In fact, I trained pet battles on one toon, went and leveled, logged in a different toon, flew around did pet battles, went and picked up the quest on that toon, and then completed it.

So I suggest either trying it on a different toon, or swapping to a different pet.

I tried different pet thing I'll try a different toon
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
seemed to work for my pally, wonder if it doesnt work for just monks
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I am having the same issue on my Paladin. I have trained 2 pets to level 4 without triggering the 1/1 >.<

It is annoying me lol
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
I didnt head out to the woods, theres a rabbit that spawns on the other side of the house from the quest giver. try that it may/may not owrk.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
yes same problem i try to do the quest when i click on the pet to fight nothing works no battle no nothing stupid animals just hop right off after you sit there trying to figure it out and nothing happens. tried all my toons and even tried all different pets.
Reply Quote
12 Human Paladin
i can't start a pet battle and why can't i i got a great horned owl
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
You need to train for pet battles first. There is a trainer in sw and org.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
I'm also having an issue with this quest. I've had lots of pet battles, and I've tried different locations around the forest with different animals and different pets. I haven't tried on a different toon yet, I'll try that next.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
You guys are so cute with your Starter quests.
Btw...nice 6 month Necro.
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Hunter
I'm level 20, and since the beginning, I haven been able to win a pet battle. I've tried different pets. Went from a moth to a tiger, and it keeps saying: Failed to create kinds Pet battle. I tried with all different animals. Rabbits, moths, owls. you name it! I am wondering if I am doing something wrong? does anyone have any specific things I need to do? what do i need to do, to win this battle?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]