The Threat in the South, No way to get to npc

90 Night Elf Priest
This is the quest lead-in from the townlong steppes to the dread wastes. I had no way to get to the NPC. I tried running down the wall from shadow-pan fallback, and eventually encountered a closed door. After running up and down both sides of the wall to see if there was another way to her I abandoned the quest because I remembered a grey quest from Winter blossom in the Summit that was most likely a lead-in.

I ended up abandoning the uncompleted "The Threat in the South" and picking up "Better Dead then Dread" and instantly I got a new flight path, the flight path on the wall right next to the npc you turn both lead-in quests into.

I suggest you add the flight-path Serpents Spine to "The Threat in the South" quest as well. As of now there is no way to turn it in unless you're level 90 and have bought flying (I even tried some creative jumping off the wall while mounted to get down to her from the Gate but it was to far.)

Edit:Turns out there's a rope you can use to get from the dread wastes up to her and turn it in. I still think the flight path should be added into the bread-crumb quest from the steppes just like the one from the summit has though.
Edited by Feldaris on 9/27/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Where is the rope? I havent found it!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Rope is on the ground, all coiled up on a small post. Hard to see, but it is there.
Reply Quote
91 Troll Shaman
that or when you run all the way down the wall when your ontop of it jump down to where she is, you can get on top of the wall from the Shadow-pan fallback in Kun-lai summit
Reply Quote
Gee thanks for this. I have easily spent 5 hours of this expansion so far "looking" for ways around these obstacles. If you are going to remove flying mounts from lvling, have some SENSE when you design the layouts!!?! FFS.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
to get there u talk to quest giver ride a kite up. from there u repel on a rope down.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
09/30/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Silense
Gee thanks for this. I have easily spent 5 hours of this expansion so far "looking" for ways around these obstacles. If you are going to remove flying mounts from lvling, have some SENSE when you design the layouts!!?! FFS.

I have spent way too much time trying to find things, stumbling around tree roots and running into dead ends. Especially from level 89. If they can't fix all this, I agree with you, please just give us flight for these sections.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I ran from the Shado Pan FP and then when i got to the locked door, i went down the side and jumped down to her, got the FP there as well then.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Where is the rope located? By the quest giver? Near the wall?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]