How fast did it take you to get lvl 90?

90 Pandaren Monk
Congrats on those who got realm first! I was wondering how long it took you guys to get to 90 or obtain realm first. Took me 22 hours 54 minutes and i obtained realm first! Just wanting to know how my fellow monks did.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I was 25 hours, a horde beat me to it :( First on ally, though that doesn't mean crap haha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
20 hours, 36 minutes. Although the armory hasn't updated yet.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Just curious how you guys leveled. Any advice for someone with limited time, but this weekend marked off playing wow and leveling a monk?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
09/27/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Squishums
Just curious how you guys leveled. Any advice for someone with limited time, but this weekend marked off playing wow and leveling a monk?

It took me 20 hours and 30 something minutes and I used the Recruit a Friend grant level system to get to 80. So, that time was just spent in Cataclysm and Pandaria zones.

I have no advice for someone leveling from 1-90. Enjoy the ride! :D
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
16 hours 20 minutes played time (around an hour more actual time). Monk realm first, realm overall 3rd and alliance 1st.

Learn to pull 3+ mobs and aoe/karma/stun. Expel harm is your friend. Don't loot unless you have to. Keep Tiger palm buff up by killing a mob with it at the end (1 extra at the end of a mob beats having to stack it 3 times on the next).
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
My condolences to everyone. It will be tough to live out your one year suspension from whining about content.

But to each his own. This game is wide enough to accommodate all sorts of paces and interests.
Reply Quote
13 Pandaren Shaman
Let me get this straight... You have leveled a Monk from 1 to 90 in 16hrs... And you're paying for fun? Please, enlighten me, where's the fun?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
09/27/2012 08:29 PMPosted by Akumaru
Let me get this straight... You have leveled a Monk from 1 to 90 in 16hrs... And you're paying for fun? Please, enlighten me, where's the fun?

It's impossible to get from 1 to 90 in 16 hours. He simply used RAF.

Most of the 1-90 monks will be hitting either today, tomorrow, or this weekend depending on pace.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Saturday or Sunday for me halfway to 86 currently
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I'd call this cheating on a massive scale.

I suppose to be fair, I did level two Monks in the beta so I'd love starting off at 80.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Currently 2 days, 2 hours play time and at 84
Reply Quote
Currently at level 64, although I'm not in full heirlooms.

Quick question - how bad is the 70-80 stretch? I kind of like Outland, and don't mind the Cata 80-85 zones, although I grow weary just thinking about having to go through Northrend again.

Is it relatively quick now? I haven't done it in a while. Can you go to the newer Cata zones at 78...?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
and a thread obviously about RAF monk leveling turns into bashing yet again.

Yes I found it fun, as I'm sure others did as well.
Reply Quote
You guys were cruising pretty good. It actually took me around 33 hours and i was still realm first on my realm. Could have gone faster but since i wasn't being pushed very hard I was able to take it easy. I don't think we even saw a realm first 90 of anything until around the 23 hour mark.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
So do Monks ever get rice paddy hats besides their tier gear? Or do we get stuck with the faux Imperial Warlord helmet while all the clothies get the cool hats?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I'm at 20 hours and I'm 3 bars into 88. Of course I afk a lot soooo...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Currently at level 64, although I'm not in full heirlooms.

Quick question - how bad is the 70-80 stretch? I kind of like Outland, and don't mind the Cata 80-85 zones, although I grow weary just thinking about having to go through Northrend again.

Is it relatively quick now? I haven't done it in a while. Can you go to the newer Cata zones at 78...?

It's INSANELY QUICK NOW!! They nerfed the EXP by 30% a few patches ago. It's now about 800k EXP per level.. It never goes over 900K I believe. Until you hit 80 of course.

Edit - The whole 70 to 80 run can be done by pure dungeoning. You get SO MUCH EXP per dungeon.. I think around 100k or so?. And you also figure if you quest.. That's 22k exp per quest (More if you have Heirlooms) A dedicated player can go from 70 to 80 in about 5 hours now.
Edited by Zynara on 9/28/2012 1:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Wait, RaF doesn't disqualify you from realm first achievements ?!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]