Traps bugged?

90 Troll Priest
Under the spell description, it says that anytime a trap fails, the next one has an increased 20% chance of landing.

However, yesterday I had SIX traps fail in a row in a single battle. IS this a bug?
Reply Quote
Their is either a bug or some other mechanic going on.

I dont know what the base chance of capture is, but the probability (base + stacking bonus) should be almost 100% by the 5th attempt and over 100% at the sixth attempt.

What I am wondering is if the stacking bonus resets if capture is interrupted for a turn.

For example if you pet dies and you switch it out for another or the enemy heals above 35% and you have to attack again to reduce its health.

Do these things reset the bonus?

Also from my own observation, it seems that capture chance is effected by the level of the enemy pet. Pets below level 10 rarely take more than 2-3 attempts. However higher level pets often take more than 5 attempts to capture and almost never get caught on the first few tries.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I'd imagine the whole damn pet system is still bugged, and obviously not on high priority of Blizzard's fix-it to do list.

I've had multiple traps fail on me, have missed turns, now up to 3 turns in a row with no debuff, I've had wild pets of the same level dodge and miss every attack with no accuracy debuff on me... this is fun and SOOO infuriating at the same time. It would be nice if they FIXED it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm not sure if trap attempts while a pet is burrowed count - at least I've never caught one while it was burrowed. It could be that if a pet is in an uncapturable state that the attempt doesn't count. Maybe.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I believe the 20% increase isn't 20% of 100%.

It is a 20% increase from either your previous catch chance, or more likely your previous catch chance + 20% of your base catch chance (games tend to be additive over multiplicative).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]