Open Libram XLVIII: Every Day I'm Pandaing

90 Human Paladin
Greetings and welcome to the 48th installment of the Open Libram! The beautifully large and sexy alternative to Mangle/Sentry Totem and Tank Lounge!

In these threads, we talk about everything Paladins. Some cool. Some lame. Some information dangerous. Got that question that you're kind of afraid to make a new thread about, or just tired of getting trolled on Trade Chat? Ask it here!

So Blood Elves, get your hair ready, Draenei and Tauren clean your hooves off. Dwarves, the nearest alcohol is to your left for your enjoyment and Humans...Well do whatever it is you do that keeps you alive. Or stuff.

Enjoy! Have fun everyone!

Previous Libram: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679638298
Libram Archive: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254457548

Paladin Social Networking:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/283670185033463/

My Little Ponydins by Lobster:
http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/7448/ponydins1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/s8CSF.png

"Maid" by the Light by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/7zB4K.jpg

"Bunny" Chaz by Lobster: http://i.imgur.com/IokKV.png

Vanilla Ret Pally "Melgibsmash":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6zGEBhJMHA
90 Human Paladin
But yea, worried for a raid spot this time around, not only do we have 45 people that want to raid, we have like...5 rets now?

Though thankfully I have seniority, at least I think I do, I've been in the guild the longest
86 Draenei Paladin
Thats the plan.

Though it turns out that there are now 45 people in the guild that plan on raiding, we do 25 mans, but I'm wondering, where did all of these people come from? And where were they on nights we needed people to fill the raid?

Amg Thread cap

Yeah, I'm a fresh body in my current guild (large social raiding guild) As my last guild died during cataclysm. The raiding group died after WotLK and they never produced another 25man group after I left.

45 people ... your guild would probably be able to field a 25man and one or two 10mans.

Are you friends with the raid leaders? Remember it's who you know that gets you a raid spot. :p
Edited by Vexi on 9/28/2012 9:21 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Well everyone is friends with the raid leaders, we all know each other in real life

Our guild is rather...'unique'
86 Draenei Paladin
Well everyone is friends with the raid leaders, we all know each other in real life

Our guild is rather...'unique'

Wait, so there are like 50 of you that know each other IRL ? @_@

I'm not looking forward to trying to get on the raid team... even if I'm a holy paladin. haha
90 Human Paladin
Most of us do, the guild is primarily Southern California based.

Funny how it worked out actually.
86 Draenei Paladin
Most of us do, the guild is primarily Southern California based.

Funny how it worked out actually.

Yeah, I met several people I'm friends with to this day from Southern Cali.

I'm going to try being a holy paladin this expansion (I tanked in wotlk) have you seen many Hpallies?
90 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Sparklefever
If you're good, you shouldn't be worried for your spot :P

True most of the time, though sometimes what class you play matters as well.

09/28/2012 09:40 AMPosted by Vexi
I'm going to try being a holy paladin this expansion (I tanked in wotlk) have you seen many Hpallies?

Yea, holy is doing good now from what I hear and have seen
86 Draenei Paladin
09/28/2012 09:41 AMPosted by Sparklefever

SPARKLE~

Oh, you use Eternal flame, too.

Have you been healing any 5mans?
90 Human Paladin
i'm really waffling about whether or not i want to raid on my pally or my monk. i like ret a lot this expansion, but i could really do with a change of pace. >.>

in all reality though, this character will be the only one at 90 for a while, so i'll be raiding on my pally for the near future anyway.
90 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Vexi

SPARKLE~

eternal flame is the way to be. i love having a HoT while i quest, it keeps me topped off pretty handily, and it's fun to throw on other people as i run around.
86 Draenei Paladin
09/28/2012 09:53 AMPosted by Martana

SPARKLE~

eternal flame is the way to be. i love having a HoT while i quest, it keeps me topped off pretty handily, and it's fun to throw on other people as i run around.

Yeah that was my thought on it, I've only healed as a shaman and riptide was my favorite ability. Combine EF with GotN and I don't have to heal the tank for a good 20 seconds.
90 Human Paladin
Vanguards. Triple Ret up to 2700. No.

Even if you bring middling DPS in PvE (and that's assuming all your other DPS are playing at maximum...), there's still incentive to bring Retribution or just Paladins in general to a 25m. Devotion Aura, double Sac or Purity, good AoE with DS.

Well exceptional players are just that, the exception

In the world of those of us who arent...players of that calibur, sometimes spec does not matter.

All the skill in the world couldnt keep me from being sat out on maloriak in t11 due to rets terrible aoe damage.

But I agree, we do bring a lot to groups, a lot of unique things now. Every paladin has a raid wall.
90 Draenei Paladin
Afternoon Libram, I slept too much.

Raid spot discussion eh.

Meh. My guild is too casual to ever sit someone based on fight mechanics, we figure out away to make it work with what we have.

Besides, I'm too awesome to be sat or worry about a raid spot. As long as I can find the time to raid I think I'll have a place in my guilds roster.

Also poo on urgent maintenance, luckily I have some errands to run anyway so I won't be here gnashing my teeth at the log in screen.
Edited by Cadenbrie on 9/28/2012 10:04 AM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Meh I'm probably just being paranoid, I always showed up except for 2 weeks before the expac hit because I wanted a break.

I'm usually one of the core raiders.

We'll see though, the new raids look pretty fun.
86 Draenei Paladin
09/28/2012 10:04 AMPosted by Sparklefever
SPARKLE~

Been flip-flopping between EF and SH. I don't like SS, doesn't synergize at all with any of our stats. I like SH more for 5 mans though, you end up wasting EF's HoT a lot since you're tank healing a ton in 5 mans and/or just a few people constantly take lots of damage (cough melee). I might use it in raids as well - but in general that tier I'm not very fond of for Holy, it doesn't mesh very well into our rotation.

Don't forget to use Holy Prism as much as possible, it is literally the crutch you lean on until we're better geared since it's freakin' OP. I don't think Light's Hammer nor Execution Sentence can hold even the slightest ground against Prism.

Well that's just it I rarely heal the tank directly with beacon up. Usually I keep an EF on the tank or I keep the holy power stored until someone takes damage.

I think I will try SH though, the burst healing of a glyphed SH fol + WoG is very potent.
90 Human Paladin
I would think with the servers being down, people would come back. Starting to miss the Libramers =/ Even though I see you guys on realid lol
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]