Open Libram XLVIII: Every Day I'm Pandaing

100 Human Paladin
Nothing against the Libramers, but why does it seem like Blood Elves start the stupidest threads?
100 Human Paladin
I dont know, most of the threads that irritate me are either started by Blood Elves or Forsaken.

Might just be my observation though.

So heroics dont seem to bad this time around, buncha guildies that dinged 90 were grinding them out like nothing
100 Human Paladin
heroics are tuned to be pretty easy because they are designed for everyone to be able to complete. now that they have challenge modes, they can make them super hard and it's okay, because it's not shutting players out of experiencing the content, and the rewards for challenge modes are vanity.
86 Draenei Paladin
09/28/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Martana
heroics are tuned to be pretty easy because they are designed for everyone to be able to complete. now that they have challenge modes, they can make them super hard and it's okay, because it's not shutting players out of experiencing the content, and the rewards for challenge modes are vanity.

I'm glad blizzard created challenge modes, anything that requires you to learn how to play your class to 100% efficiency is a great idea. That, and making their completion a vanity reward. I mean really, at the end of the day that's all achievements are.
100 Human Paladin
Sounds like Invincible.

I agree there are plenty of dumb Paladins too, usually they seem to be Human or Blood Elf or if its Lobster, Male Draenei
86 Draenei Paladin
Sounds like Invincible.

I agree there are plenty of dumb Paladins too, usually they seem to be Human or Blood Elf or if its Lobster, Male Draenei

Chaz, have you tried the glyph of mass exorsism?
100 Human Paladin
No, and I probably wont either.

WOuld feel too much like the old Holy Wrath, which i hated to no end, terrible damage aoe. I dont want to do that to one of my HoPo generators.
86 Draenei Paladin
No, and I probably wont either.

WOuld feel too much like the old Holy Wrath, which i hated to no end, terrible damage aoe. I dont want to do that to one of my HoPo generators.

What? I'm confused, it gives exo a 25% aoe damage component instead of being ranged but the single target damage would remain uneffected?

Hm... looks like I'll just have to try it.
100 Draenei Paladin
You really can't afford to DL much at all at 90 either. If a tank gets low (under 20%), I either have to use at least one cooldown or hope that I have at least 2 stacks of Selfless Healer, at least 2 Holy Power so I can directly FoL + 3HP WoG, Holy Prism off cd so I can directly use it on the tank, plus Holy Shock coming off cd so I can Holy Shock him again and hope that Infusion procs so I can DL.

Yeah, our throughput at 90 blows. No different from 4.0 though. Heroics are a whole new ballgame. Still not very hard, but some trash pulls are literally impossible at low gear and mana is extremely, extremely shaky.

I've noticed the mana issues. Well, not really an issue, but I certainly haven't had to sit down and drink in a dungeon for a long time. I'm still working out the kinks to try to save mana as much as possible and still not be a stingy healer.

I haven't had any issues with procs though. And is it me or did they do a massive buff to Light of Dawn? It seemed kind of wishywashy in Cata, but now it's pumpin' out some pretty decent heals. Being able to cast it three times in a row occasionally is pretty awesome too. Maybe it's just that I have more crit... Not sure. xD
Edited by Nyxarael on 9/28/2012 11:22 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Vexi
What? I'm confused, it gives exo a 25% aoe damage component instead of being ranged but the single target damage would remain uneffected?

Oh is that how It works? I read it as it turns it into an aoe but does 25% of the single target damage

Either way we have enough aoe tools I think, it might be situational, but being in melee, especially if there is CC around, I dont want to give myself the urge to hit an aoe skill that doesnt have to be aoe.
86 Draenei Paladin
09/28/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Oh is that how It works? I read it as it turns it into an aoe but does 25% of the single target damage

Either way we have enough aoe tools I think, it might be situational, but being in melee, especially if there is CC around, I dont want to give myself the urge to hit an aoe skill that doesnt have to be aoe.

True, though if you have a Blood DK tanking for you that isn't an issue. As every one of their blood rune attacks is an AOE or cleave now.
100 Human Paladin
Eh tanks can afford to AOE and break CC, they're supposed to be getting hit
90 Worgen Death Knight
09/28/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
Eh tanks can afford to AOE and break CC, they're supposed to be getting hit

Yeah, I meant we have no choice but to AOE with our blood runes. I'm not sure if giving up the ranged component is worth while. I'm just bored at work and thinking of blasting things in the face.
100 Human Paladin
As am I, want to go home and hit 90.
90 Worgen Death Knight
Speaking of blasting things in the face.

Would any of the super alliance paladins want to group and do heroics?

(e) or regular dungeons or questing. :P
Edited by Vexione on 9/28/2012 11:51 AM PDT
100 Human Paladin
I havent seen Lobster or Elidra or Cayse around, but they might!
100 Blood Elf Paladin
My Alliance toon is like.. third or fourth in line.

09/28/2012 09:51 AMPosted by Sparklefever
though sometimes what class you play matters as well.
Vanguards. Triple Ret up to 2700. No.

Even if you bring middling DPS in PvE (and that's assuming all your other DPS are playing at maximum...), there's still incentive to bring Retribution or just Paladins in general to a 25m. Devotion Aura, double Sac or Purity, good AoE with DS.

Galleon yesterday, after every stun when the tank was nearly dead, all three rets in the raid bombed them with instant flashes. Full HP tank, zero healer stress.

Vanguards could hit 2200 without a spec, though.

09/28/2012 01:40 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
Why are there so many damn dailies!

/groan

Don't say that.

I barely have time to raid these days, I don't want painful daily grinds.

There's really too many. My friend who hit 90 the second day, yesterday he said he did "all" of them, still did a few heroics, and still did enough BGs to get a win for the conquest reward.

Blizzard doesn't need to put in a level of content to balance around people like us, who can actually do things like that... If I'm going to look at all the stuff available and think "this is really too much," the average player is going to hit 90, go to the Vale and see all these guys giving lead-in quests to daily areas and just be overwhelmed.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]