Hammer of Wrath

90 Human Paladin
Can someone give me a valid reason as to why Hammer of Wrath is being dodged after 5.0.4.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's a ranged attack. Ranged attacks can be dodged since 5.0.4.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't see frostbolt getting dodged. Ranged physical attacks can be dodged. Hammer of Wrath is magic only.
Edited by Sleathypal on 9/28/2012 10:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Frostbolt is a spell, not a ranged attack. "Ranged attack" in this case is a game mechanic term specifically referring to abilities classified as "ranged attack", not "melee attack" or "spell". Hammer of Wrath is classified as a ranged attack within the game mechanics, so it uses the ranged attack hit table, which includes dodges now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Hammer of Wrath is a spell as well, it uses spell hit, gets absorbed by AMS, goes straight through BoP, and can't be used while silenced. Just that last part makes it a spell alone.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pretty annoying, we used to have pretty decent damage to rogues through evasion, now can't do anything cause blizzard changed their minds....
Edited by Sleathypal on 9/28/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
It's a ranged attack that deals magical damage. The game mechanics can be a little confusing when they mix them like that, but it is what it is.

It does NOT use spell hit.

AMS absorbs magical damage, not spells. Thus, any melee or ranged attack that deals magical damage (Explosive Shot, Divine Storm, Hand of Light, Frost Strike, etc.) will be absorbed by it.

Hand of Protection only blocks physical damage, not physical attacks. Similar to AMS, physical attacks that deal magical damage will go through it.

It being unusable while silenced is news to me. I'll have to try that myself sometime. Regardless, there are physical attacks that can't be used while silenced, like Thunderclap, so that doesn't make Hammer of Wrath a spell by default.
Edited by Keten on 9/28/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Easiest way to find out what can't be used when silenced, get kicked on holy tree and realise how useless you are when silenced :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It was an example lol. If you don't know how to fake, then quit PvP nuff said. I miss Concentration aura, the cast knockback is ridiculous. Almost doubles my cast times as holy.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
30 was baseline before + 70 from concentration aura was 100%. Never used to get knocked back at all lol. I've looked through the spell book before and I couldn't even find our 70% baseline in there.
Edited by Sleathypal on 9/28/2012 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Na I've tested it, ya can't :(
Knocked back 3 times is +0.8secs to every cast while a melee is attacking you btw.
Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, Templer's Verdict, Divine Shield and Judgment. That's pretty much all that can be used while silenced.

O well.

Edit-Fail Spelling/Grammer.
Edited by Sleathypal on 9/28/2012 10:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just thought of another piece of evidence towards HoW being magic. It can also be used WHILE BoPed. Quoting the tooltip, "...but during that time they cannot attack or use PHYSICAL abilities." Rebuttal anyone? A Blues clarification would be helpful.
Edited by Sleathypal on 10/3/2012 5:18 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/28/2012 10:29 AMPosted by Sparklefever
There's one thing you cast now as Ret. ONE. It's Flash of Light. That's literally the only thing you cast. If you have two stacks of Selfless Healer, it's literally uninterruptable, .3s is too fast after latency.

rets may be casting repentance depending on their spec....
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
/bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/03/2012 05:18 AMPosted by Sleathypal
I just thought of another piece of evidence towards HoW being magic. It can also be used WHILE BoPed. Quoting the tooltip, "...but during that time they cannot attack or use PHYSICAL abilities." Rebuttal anyone? A Blues clarification would be helpful.

It is indeed magic, not physical. This is quite obvious from the fact that it doesn't deal physical damage.

It is still a ranged attack, not a spell. "Ranged attack vs spell" is a separate thing from "magical vs physical".

It gets dodged now because the mechanics say it gets dodged. The end.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]