The weakening of Mages

100 Blood Elf Mage
I am currently in the MoP areas and the mage used to be a force to be reckoned with. Now so much has been taken away from the mage that a Shadow Priest has a better survivability than a mage. I know since i watched a shadow priest lvel 88 take on 3 level 90 mobs and survive after killing them all. I am taking longer to kill one than that priest did the mage class used to be a fun class to play but now is the weakest class in WoW. We need to have some of the spells back to where they were. Especially in the Arcane and frost talents. Frost is somewhat back to where they were but there is still a lot that needs to be done.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
any dps with self heals can kill a bunch of mobs higher level than them... and mages aren't weak at all.. I have more control over anyone in bg's atm

although I am extremely jelly of how cool the final tier of priest spells look.. all I got was a mana shield
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
You know I was pulling groups of 5-6 while questing and burning them down without taking much if any damage. We have a HUGE array of tools in our kit, you just need to use them.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
09/28/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Aedria
I am currently in the MoP areas and the mage used to be a force to be reckoned with. Now so much has been taken away from the mage that a Shadow Priest has a better survivability than a mage. I know since i watched a shadow priest lvel 88 take on 3 level 90 mobs and survive after killing them all. I am taking longer to kill one than that priest did the mage class used to be a fun class to play but now is the weakest class in WoW. We need to have some of the spells back to where they were. Especially in the Arcane and frost talents. Frost is somewhat back to where they were but there is still a lot that needs to be done.

Only three? I've soloed upwards of 5 or six mobs at once by spreading dots and keeping up fears/heals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]