Dragonling trinket and goggles

90 Gnome Mage
With mages only having 4 useful secondary stats. I had to resort to using a lower lvl crit gem in my goggles to get the cog bonus. The Unique equip should be changed on the cogs to unique to an item. Otherwise Non hybrid caster dps have to resort to an out of date cogwheel.
Reply Quote
You can't use a 600 crit with a 600 mastery?

Edit: It won't let you use another Crit Cogwheel cause you have one in the trinket if so that's just messed up. I can understand not allowing stacking the same one in the same item but no allowing to use the same cogwheel in another item just don't seem right
Edited by Fubarrd on 9/28/2012 1:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/28/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Zeppii
With mages only having 4 useful secondary stats. I had to resort to using a lower lvl crit gem in my goggles to get the cog bonus. The Unique equip should be changed on the cogs to unique to an item. Otherwise Non hybrid caster dps have to resort to an out of date cogwheel.

How do they only have 4 useful secondary stats? Expertise becomes spell hit, so Haste, Hit, Crit, Mastery, and Expertise are all useful. Spirit casters get a 6th, but you're in the same boat as almost every other DPS.
Reply Quote
Wow, just discovered this on my warrior......

I can understand the cogs' unique properties being specific to the piece, but specific to the character? Once again, engineers getting screwed by horrible development...

Terrible.
Edited by Desdamona on 10/7/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The trinket will be replaced pretty fast. It is great for leveling and 90 starter gear but you will drop it for a 463 or better trinket.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
You can use an expertise tinker for hit as a mage. It's kinda weird, but whatever.

Crit
Mastery

Haste
Hit
Expertise

There are your 5 cogwheels.
Reply Quote
96 Human Paladin
What about healers?

crit
haste

mastery
spirit
???
Reply Quote
Well, I know I would rather just use Cata cogs than Haste and Mastery ones on my warrior. And I think other warriors would agree that an extra 206 hit and crit is better than 600 haste.

Again, poor design Blizz
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/08/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Brudarek
What about healers?

Cry about it?

The trinket isn't supposed to there for that long. Heroic trinkets are better than it. The amount of people that have both, and can't use all 5 cogwheels are pretty low. Go run some dungeons, replace the trinket, and move on in your life.
Reply Quote
No one is crying. Its poor design. Go be worthless somewhere else.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]