Pet Battles - Pay to Win garbage

50 Gnome Warrior
Good job Blizz. The Battle Store pets and grandfathered Collector's Edition pets are currently the most OP in the game.

I fought a player with 2 level 1 pets and a single level 14 Panda Cub. I myself had a Tanky Warbot with 600 HP at level 10. I literally get one-shot, non-crit, by the Panda Cub. Mind you, Panda Cubs are BEASTS and Warbots are MECHANICALS, which SHOULD mean I have the upper hand by doing 50% extra damage, certainly not equating to losing by OHKO.

My friends are reporting similar situations with Collector's Edition and Battle Store pets.

Seriously, Blizzard? I'm starting to understand why you guys introduced this system. When people complain that paid and collector's edition pets are OP you and most other players can just say "it's a casual mini-game, no one cares". Seems like this is where you're resorting to making your money from micro transactions.

EDIT: Typo, I have SIX-hundred HP, not four.
Edited by Thirkfifty on 9/25/2012 1:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Hunter
I haven't had any trouble demolishing CE or Battle.net store pets with my Smolderweb Hatchling, Personal World Destroyer and my Sen'jin Fetish line up.
Reply Quote
69 Undead Mage
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Warrior
09/25/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Moertos
I haven't had any trouble demolishing CE or Battle.net store pets with my Smolderweb Hatchling, Personal World Destroyer and my Sen'jin Fetish line up.
Which pets have you tried to match up against? My Warbot does fairly well against higher level pets, as does my Harvester, but they were both one-shotted ("globaled") by the single Panda Cub. My Warbot usually doesn't have that much trouble against a level 14; I might lose against a level 14, but I haven't gotten one-shot by anything yet. Not even close.
Reply Quote
Less QQ, more Gotta Catch 'em all!
Reply Quote
Good job Blizz. The Battle Store pets and grandfathered Collector's Edition pets are currently the most OP in the game.

I fought a player with 2 level 1 pets and a single level 14 Panda Cub. I myself had a Tanky Warbot with 400 HP at level 10. I literally get one-shot, non-crit, by the Panda Cub. Mind you, Panda Cubs are BEASTS and Warbots are MECHANICS, which SHOULD mean I have the upper hand by doing 50% extra damage, certainly not equating to losing by OHKO.

My friends are reporting similar situations with Collector's Edition and Battle Store pets.

Seriously, Blizzard?

They should develop a system where you can go out and capture new pets. In that system, the strength of said pet should be randomized, much like loot. Then you could like, go out in the world, and try and capture these Rare pets, those would be like, better than normal pets.

That would be a cool system.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Pet Battles, a whole new game to complain about
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
This brings a whole new meaning to "pet complaints"
Reply Quote
09/25/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Thirkfifty
level 14 Panda Cu

09/25/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Thirkfifty
Tanky Warbot with 400 HP at level 10

Level 14 Beats Level 10.

Complains.
Reply Quote
Maybe they'll get nerfed... or maybe that's exactly what Blizzard wanted.

I mean come on, it's just the Pet Battle system! It's a mini-game you do when you'red bored of everything else in WoW. So what if you can Pay to Win for that? It's not like the story revolves around the pet battle system.

Think of it like the World of Warcraft Trading Card game! All Trading Card games are "Pay to win"! You could have all the skills in the world, but if some rich kid just spent $1000 on his deck, he will destroy you no matter what!
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Warrior
Catching a rare pet in the wild will have better stats than vanity pets anyways.

Also, my level SIX pets have 400 hp, the guy probably hit you with a high damage attack that youre weak against. He's also 4 levels above you. Stop being bad.

4 levels does not equate to a OHKO, especially when his type was weak against mine.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
09/25/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Thirkfifty
4 levels does not equate to a OHKO, especially when his type was weak against mine.

apparently it does.
Reply Quote
50 Gnome Warrior
09/25/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Unfocused

apparently it does.
That's IMBA no matter how you put it. I do fine against pets of levels 15-18 in the wild and in PvP I might lose to them, but I certainly do not get one-shot, except by these pay to win monsters.
Reply Quote
Seems a little silly to claim they are making money from the Panda cub since no one can obtain it any longer (But I understand claims of current pets bought from the store being OP, even though I haven't experienced this.) The Panda cub has several doppelgangers which are identical to the cub in terms of skills which are most of the bear(cub) based pets. Which I do have been savagely beat down by, they have some brutal skills in their arsenal.

It seems you have more of a problem with the Bear pets which aren't limited to paid transactions.

In my opinion the Phoenix hatching is OP but that's just me.
Edited by Zombajin on 9/25/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
When did pet battle become crucial to end game to be considered pay to win?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Wolpertinger's sleep gas looks beast.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]