Panda Paladins...

90 Draenei Paladin
Why not?? they are a spiritual people.. and they seem focused intently on doing what is right through deep thought and spirital direction... seems pretty dead on for a paladin.. i mean blood elves can be but pandarians cannot? i was willing to bite the bullet on worgens being cursed.. but wth is with panda's not being able to be paladins?!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's pretty silly pandas can be priests but not pallies

Oh well, arcane torrent is better anyways
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pandadin. It just rolls off the tongue
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here's my counter question: Why?

Because they're better than people talking about Undead or Gnome paladins?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/26/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

They're all terrible ideas and don't fit the lore at all. The only remaining race that can reasonably have Paladins is the Night Elves.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/26/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Angellique
Why not??

Because 95% of everyone playing would be panda paladins or Pandadins.

09/26/2012 04:01 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

Says you =P

09/26/2012 04:16 PMPosted by Elidra

They're all terrible ideas and don't fit the lore at all. The only remaining race that can reasonably have Paladins is the Night Elves.

The gnomish paladinmatic 3000! It slices it dices it makes gnome paladins or french fries...either way its a win!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The gnomish paladinmatic 3000! It slices it dices it makes gnome paladins or french fries...either way its a win!

I didn't say they couldn't have Paladins; unlike most other races people recommend they certainly could. But they wouldn't, because they have no reason to have them. They certainly don't have the religious or military infrastructure for it to arise naturally, and they wouldn't artificially make them since there's no benefit; they gain nothing they don't already have from Priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pandas should stick to sticks and straws, though they seem viable for the class. It just doesn't feel right. Besides, Humans and Draenei should be the only ones able to take the class. No offense to the other races. I just think those two races put the word Holy in a Paladin.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/26/2012 11:49 PMPosted by Exolon
Pandas should stick to sticks and straws, though they seem viable for the class. It just doesn't feel right. Besides, Humans and Draenei should be the only ones able to take the class. No offense to the other races. I just think those two races put the word Holy in a Paladin.

I get the feeling most Blood Knights are Ret. Vindicators are, too.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
09/27/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Sparklefever
Anyway, a lot of the Alliance Paladins always struck me as Prot, not Holy. Uther for example.

Wasn't Uther Ret? IIRC he used a 2hander.

I see most paladins going in as either ret or holy. Those wanting to forcibly route out the infidels and force their believes on others go for Ret and those who are more or less priests in plate go for holy.

I think the prot pallies are the ones who go in and find that their zeal for the light is not as great as what they thought, but whose loyalty for their companion was very great.

But thats just opinion. Its not based on lore or anything like that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The first thing I think of when I think of a Paladin is a holy warrior protecting his companions from harm. I always picture the paladin as being part of the defense, the ultimate tank. Warriors strike me as being more cannon fodder foot soldiers. Paladins are all about protecting first and foremost via healing and soaking up damage. Retribution is more of a special order of paladin in my mind. As far as Uther goes, I picture him more as being strong at all 3 at the same time...which is how I picture most powerful lore figures. Retribution is for the paladins whose faith isn't quite strong enough to handle the more important and stressful positions in combat... :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Paladins are renowned for being strong and athletic.
Pandaren are renowned for being fat. Basically the opposite of everything a Paladin holds sacred.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Pandaren, like the Worgen, simply don't have the history of Paladins in their societies to have them start off as Paladins. Now, nothing is saying that a Pandaren couldn't be trained as a Paladin. However, since by the time they enter Stormwind or Orgrimmar they are already well on their way in another path.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It would make a lot more sense to have Worgen paladins as opposed to Pandas, considering that cursed or not, Gilneas had a light-worshipping church inset in its society. Pandas... It just dosnt make sense. Gimme mah wolfadins first.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I tend to try to avoid things like this, but this has me rather annoyed. It is not about the lore behind a race that allows them to become a paladin for me. It is about the fact that the previous 2 new races that came out are unavailable to us, but at least 1 is available to all other classes if not both. I enjoy new character models and I feel stuck in the fact that I can be a space goat or a human (dwarf is just too short and fat). We have three and when everyone else got their classes opened for race the horde got Tauren. Yes that was a good move opening up the classes, but are we forever screwed that no other race will learn how to be a paladin? Is it too much to ask to enjoy something new? Space Goats were the first ever expansion and now we are on our 4th. It has been years since we had new options and I say it is time to give it to us!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Here the thing any race that can give a stat increase of a dps increase will never be a pally

sad to say it.

Goats- hit is nice
blood elf- arcane torrent wee mana
human- everyman for himself, i got this dont worry
dwarfs- drunk guys that get stone skin>? yep to drunk to bother to notice the damage
cow- war stomp, dont hit me i got to cast a stun

but no trool, panda, or night elf yet? they each follew a believe of at least one of the current races.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/27/2012 10:32 PMPosted by Lyreth
(dwarf is just too short and fat)

Bite your tongue, hussy!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Panda Paladins.

Worgen Monks.

Gnome Hunters.

Undead Paladins.

Human Shamans.

Dwarf Druids.

Orc Druids.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]