How do I learn MoP alchemy recipes

90 Human Warrior
I raised the cap to 600 but didn't get any new recipes, nor are there any in the list at the trainer.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Okay, guess I'm link digging... but why isn't this referenced anywhere in-game? Like, say, by my TRAINER?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
"When first learning this profession, players will find only two recipes available from the trainer."

Nope. Trained and didn't get anything. Guess I'm filing a ticket and sitting tight for a while.
Edited by Arland on 9/26/2012 8:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You learn two new recipes, and when you create them you have a chance to learn another new recipe. It's buried in your alchemy book so it's a little hard to notice at first if you're not looking for it.

Recipes are Master Healing Potion and Alchemist's Rejuvenation

After that any potion you make also grants you a chance to learn something new.
Edited by Veroicone on 9/26/2012 8:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
09/26/2012 08:28 PMPosted by Veroicone
Recipes are Master Healing Potion and Alchemist's Rejuvenation

Searched my book, not there. Sticking with the ticket, sucks, but thank you at least for pointing out what should've happened.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
"When first learning this profession, players will find only two recipes available from the trainer."

Nope. Trained and didn't get anything. Guess I'm filing a ticket and sitting tight for a while.

Yes, you should have gotten 2 recipes once training for Zen Master. Those two recipes will teach you more recipes and all recipes after that will teach new ones. It's a pretty cool system. So yeah, if you didn't get those 2 recipes should talk to a GM or something.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
So to test it out I went ahead and upped alchemy on my second alchemist (yes I have 2 :P), my mage, and I was able to learn them from the trainer.

If you're still not seeing them in your book and you're positive your trained with your trainer, go with the ticket.

Also make sure when you talk to your trainer you have "available" checked and not "unavailable".
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Death Knight
If you were maxed at 525 when Mists released, the 2 new recipes are green to you, and buried under a ton of yellow Cata recipes. Try entering the names in the search bar and see if you can find them, if not then GM it is.

Craft about 40 or so of those 2 new ones, you will discover more to keep skilling up on.

If you mouse over the recipes, it will tell you if that recipe gives a chance to discover.
Edited by Renshaw on 9/26/2012 8:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Do Alchemist's get a special flask this time around? If so, is it a proc discovery like the other ones?
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Shaman
There is some item that dropped on my shaman that leads to the alchemy stone thingie. I wish I remembered its name...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
09/26/2012 09:56 PMPosted by Syntasia
There is some item that dropped on my shaman that leads to the alchemy stone thingie. I wish I remembered its name...

Strange Spherical Stone? Got mine fairy early on but still need to get the lotus >_>
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Nah not the stone, we have that flask with unlimited uses that gives +320 to my int when used, I thought there'd be a MoP version.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
If you're sure it's not in your spellbook, try talking to an alchemy trainer located in Pandaria.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I take it you were able to learn the recipes?

And there's Alchemist's Flask which was added in MoP.

Read it scales with level.
Edited by Veroicone on 9/26/2012 10:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
When I went last night and upped my alch cap to 600, the two new potions / elixirs whatever you want to call them both had a message of making these will give a chance at learning new potions/elixirs *shrug*

Cant remember their names. The only other thing on the list was for some reason my alchemist stones which i thought i could already make ;)

On a totally unrelated side note, I hit level 87 last night like 12 hours ago and my forum post is still saying im level 86? Slow to update that I guess.
Edited by Palwiful on 9/26/2012 10:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
09/26/2012 10:05 PMPosted by Veroicone
Considering it gave my paladin a +80 bonus on Sunday, yeah, the flask scales with level.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I take it you were able to learn the recipes?

And there's Alchemist's Flask which was added in MoP.

I didn't learn them. At least, as far as I can tell. They were just there buried amidst things and I forgot about the search feature (a "sort by xpac/skill range" feature would be sweet). Anyway. That's the flask. How much of a boost does it give @ 90? I'm 2 levels off (2 days basically).
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
deleted.
Edited by Darghon on 10/5/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 10:18 PMPosted by Darghon
god something good better happen before Dec 3rd or you can kiss my $$$$$ good bye!
Okay see you.

Seriously if procs make you upset maybe you should roll another prof I really do not see the big deal.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]