Symbiosis cast time too long

90 Human Hunter
I really hate that useless skill. That blue item is just better and can be used while soloing.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
bump in hopes blue posters see this
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
09/27/2012 07:28 AMPosted by Tagartou
I hate having to tell people to stop moving in dungeons so I can symbiosis them.

This. Even as the tank, I'm trying to cast it on the DK or monk and they're just running around, LOSing me, impatient for me to start. We could have started already if you would just hold the heck still! ><

Even if they don't want to make it instant cast for those "blips" where you might be briefly out of combat, I think three seconds is more than enough. Six seconds is WAY too long.

Or at least make it so that Nature's Swiftness can affect it :P
Edited by Snuzzle on 10/6/2012 12:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Yeah, even in guild groups if I'm not tanking I take 1-2 seconds to figure out who most deserves it, start casting, and I'm in combat before I get it off. 4-10 pulls later we have a pause where I get it off. Out of combat totally makes sense. But I see no reason it needs a long cast time.
Reply Quote
It's just really annoying to try and use. The benefits are mostly pointless in PvE anyway. I think this ability is really only designed for arena teams to use.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
It can't be instant cast. If you and your partner are able to drop combat in arena (Vanish/Invis/Guise + Displacer Beast) then you can instantly cast it on someone else and get their spell while you wait for the other one to come off cooldown. It'd be way too easy to abuse.

The only way I see it working out is if Blizzard makes it usable during combat. The long cast time by itself is enough to make sure it isn't abused (like who's going to let you get that off in PvP?). The only problems I foresee is if there's a long phase-change in an encounter where one ability is OP in phase 1 and another is OP in phase 2, and you have the time to cast it on somebody else to get more than one ability across the entire encounter.
Reply Quote
agreed they need to shorten it i have a hard time as a tank to get people to stand still they get mad and Ninja pull !@#$
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
10/07/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Bootzilla
If you and your partner are able to drop combat in arena

If you're both able to drop combat, you kinda deserve the switch.
That said, it doesn't need to be instant but 2-3s cast time would be a lot better.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Absolutely agreed. Cast time + out of combat requirement + having to recast every time you zone in is needlessly punishing. Remove any one of those three things please (preferably not the out of combat requirement, because i don't actually want ot have to think about switching it part way through the fight).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
Im too lazy to cast it these days
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Suggesting to post it on general discussion =)

/sign
Reply Quote
99 Night Elf Druid
If nothing else, I'd love it if it could be added to NS. At least then you'd have a choice to throw it out in a 5-man.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
10/07/2012 10:23 AMPosted by Bootzilla
It can't be instant cast. If you and your partner are able to drop combat in arena (Vanish/Invis/Guise + Displacer Beast) then you can instantly cast it on someone else and get their spell while you wait for the other one to come off cooldown. It'd be way too easy to abuse.
I don't really see this as a huge issue. Since the target has to be out of combat itself this really only allows for swapping from a non-rogue to a rogue, and it'll be incredibly difficult to switch it back. Not to mention Displacer Beast doesn't drop combat, it just applies stealth, so the druid would still have to wait a few seconds to have the opportunity to cast.

A good solution to this could be dropping the range down drastically, to like 10 yards. If it's instant you shouldn't really need to be tossing it on people across the room, and cutting down range restricts people from doing silly things with it in arenas.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
How about a compromise? 2 second cast seems a little more reasonable? It still won't allow target swaps but it's a lot less hassle than 5 seconds.

If arena is a problem, then have it only allowed to be cast there during preparation. Rated BGs still shouldn't be an issue either with a 1.5 to 2 sec cast time.

People will have planned ahead there already anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
This is the lightwell fiasco all over again. Blizzard spent a ton of time and effort to design a spell that dosn't work well and dosn't get used.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
yea it takes to long any im always replying it to the person everytime we wipe when it says it last through death >.<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]