Request-a-Sketch (New stuff as of the 16th!)

100 Human Warrior
Revy is too cute!
88 Blood Elf Paladin
Looks fantastic, Baen!
Hey Baen, I think you're cool, I think you draw really good, you've got a really strong skill in drawing all sorts of anatomies and I'm not afraid to say this unanonymously.

:D

I also am thinking about puttin' down kadrick's stats if your pool of characters to draw isn't full yet, just gathering some references.
Edited by Kadrick on 10/5/2012 3:21 PM PDT
90 Human Paladin
Name: Karob Colting
Race: Human
Visual Age: 26
Hairstyle: Ponytail.
Physical Build: Scarred, toned.
Usual Demeanour: Serious, somewhat grim.
Garb: http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=21704:21683:10203.340:10208.314:14949.307:6641:10187.-84:14044:10202.192:23192:19091 (Hopefully that works.)
Scars/Markings: Two scars along the top of his forehead's left side down to the bottom of the right side of his chin. Scars on his arms as well, not too apparent. Eyepatch on his right eye. (Tinyurl.com/KarobColting for a more accurate view of the scars.)

EDIT: Belt got cut out, it's on the comparison now.
Edited by Karob on 10/5/2012 3:30 PM PDT
Ooh! Former-Amarok wants one!

Name: Zhang Windspire
Race: Pandaren
Visual Age: In panda terms I'd say he looks mid-30's.
Hairstyle: Tail + Mane as on the character model, with panda beard.
Physical Build: He's muscular and trim as far as pandaren go, but still has that defining gut - though perhaps a bit less of it than most pandas who truly enjoy the eat and drink.
Usual Demeanor: A panda on the stoic side. Years of training under Xuen do that to you.
Garb: Thick leather armor lined with fur and donned with a few stubs and lines of pandaren writing. If you need a reference I'll give you my current RP set:

http://i.imgur.com/mdZYD.jpg

Scars/Markings: The only truly defining scar are the two that cross his right eye, true to the model. Otherwise, he has many minor ones that cover his arms and torso - the kind that look like they'll heal in time but still hurt when they were acquired.
100 Tauren Warrior
Srstiem.

It's really common for artists to think their work worthless, and I'm no different. The only reason I've ever done any commissions or anything like that is because of years of nagging and peptalks by my family, especially my husband. I've always been kind of wary of it, because seriously how can you expect to get any kind of real criticism from the people that like you too much to really rip into your work?
So this applies to everything in my life, but especially my artwork-- I am very, very not used to getting this much concentrated praise. I don't know how to respond to it. Generally when I read the comments you guys write in this thread, my initial reaction is confusion, and then just brushing it off as trying to suck up to me. But in the interests of not coming off as a jerk- I know there are probably some of you who genuinely like what you saw, and were nice enough (beyond reason, really) to come and give a compliment.
And that idea just really blows me away.
So for lack of know what else to say, thank you. A lot. I've never gotten such a huge positive response to something I put so much work into.

Obviously, doing these should be their own reward- I feel like I've improved even since I started this thread, which is amazing. I've been plateau'd, skill-wise, for a year.
But honestly, what's more rewarding is reading what people say when they see their sketches. Making people happy like that is probably the best part of my day. So thank you guys, so so very much <3
90 Tauren Priest
Baen, you're an O.G. (That's 'Original Gangsta', as we say on the streets (That's a good thing (Seriously (You're bloody awesome)))).
100 Human Warrior
Baen you're a !@#$ ton better at drawing than I am <3~
90 Worgen Druid
Going to keep this on the first page."sagenod"
Edited by Ravendane on 10/5/2012 7:31 PM PDT
90 Pandaren Warrior
DRAW LURVY PLEASE.
90 Blood Elf Warlock
*cough*

I'm going to have to admit, I fangirl'd at the Khajro picture.
90 Troll Hunter
Please please PLEASE draw me!!

Name: Arikia
Race:Troll
Visual Age: Middle-aged (around 28-32)
Hairstyle: Braided towards the back of the head
Physical Build: Athletic
Usual Demeanor: Determined, focused.
Garb: Tribal leather-cloth outfit decorated with feathers, bow held in left hand decorated with miniature skulls.
Scars/Markings: Orc Crest on upper left arm, Mike Tyson-y sort of tattoo around left eye.
Edited by Arikia on 4/23/2014 6:39 PM PDT
100 Troll Rogue
Srstiem.

It's really common for artists to think their work worthless, and I'm no different. The only reason I've ever done any commissions or anything like that is because of years of nagging and peptalks by my family, especially my husband. I've always been kind of wary of it, because seriously how can you expect to get any kind of real criticism from the people that like you too much to really rip into your work?
So this applies to everything in my life, but especially my artwork-- I am very, very not used to getting this much concentrated praise. I don't know how to respond to it. Generally when I read the comments you guys write in this thread, my initial reaction is confusion, and then just brushing it off as trying to suck up to me. But in the interests of not coming off as a jerk- I know there are probably some of you who genuinely like what you saw, and were nice enough (beyond reason, really) to come and give a compliment.
And that idea just really blows me away.
So for lack of know what else to say, thank you. A lot. I've never gotten such a huge positive response to something I put so much work into.

Obviously, doing these should be their own reward- I feel like I've improved even since I started this thread, which is amazing. I've been plateau'd, skill-wise, for a year.
But honestly, what's more rewarding is reading what people say when they see their sketches. Making people happy like that is probably the best part of my day. So thank you guys, so so very much <3

Aww, Baen. *Hugs*
10/05/2012 01:10 PMPosted by Björn
Revy is too cute!

/blush
100 Human Warrior
10/06/2012 07:30 AMPosted by Revy
Revy is too cute!

/blush

/cuddles
100 Night Elf Hunter
Okay. I know you must be horrifyingly busy with requests, but what the heck. I can't resist.

Name: Shennae Charlotte McCann
Race: Gilnean
Visual Age: Early twenties.
Hairstyle: Mid-length, messy waves thrown up into a loose, high ponytail. Shaggy bangs swept to the side.
Physical Build: Tall, medium-boned. 5’7, 130 lb. Long arms and legs, slender with a few subtle curves. Hazel eyes, strawberry-blonde hair, pale, freckled complexion.
Usual Demeanor: Happy, smiling brightly and nearly always in human form.
Garb: A homespun white linen shirt, a worn, forest green vest, some old leather trousers and boots that have been repaired here and there. Wears a cloak of a deep, mossy green, with a hood she rarely draws over her head.
Scars/Markings: None visible.
Visual Refrences: Imogen Poots. Though not –quite- as flawlessly gorgeous!
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m52wtjzeKo1r82zmco3_1280.jpg
http://www3.images.coolspotters.com/photos/315670/imogen-poots-profile.jpg

You may quite possibly have inspired me to buy a tablet and take up art again! What program do you use for drawing? Will any one do?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]