What is your opinion of MOP so far?

90 Human Mage
So I wasn't going to buy MOP after blizzards fail attempt with Cata. Then it came to me I am locked in until April because of the annual pass which forced me to buy MOP.

Been playing this game since vanilla and never really knew the story line. Why? Because there was always this rush to hit the maximum level. Seeing that this may be my last xpac I thought I would take it slow and read the quest. Great story line with some shocking surprises. NOT SOCKS! NOOOOO!

Love the idea that we can not fly until 90 this gives us a chance to see the land again. Blizzard did a really nice job on designing the land and creatures. There is a bit of of BC feel to it., The music is kind of relaxing. Except WTF kind of music is in the inns it feels like you're in a circus.

Also would like to throw a shot out to the horde for not ganking me while I lvl. There is definitely more horde than alliance on this server. Once we all hit 90 let the ganking begin!!!

Overall this expac isn't so bad. The panda's don't seem as stupid as they did before.

There was my opinion if any one cares.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Questing wise this is the best expansion since WOTLK. The biggest issues are with rare spawns that don't seem incredibly rare ( I know a few players that already have that achievement). Also ore & herbs are EVERYWHERE... it's practically impossible to not stumble on some every few feet.

TBC's big problem was the questing didn't grab you & pull you in (Panthelon The Calculator had more quests than were for Illidan the original end boss).WOTLK's problem besides Dalaran being an laggy adventure..... was it's starting raids which were not challenging (not to mention there was no shared lockout then so everyone was geared in like 6 weeks).

Cataclysm suffered from disjointed questing like TBC & there was not really a whole new world feel to it because all they did was add zones. MOP? So far it's great.... get back in a few weeks when people have smashed into heroic dungeons, challenges & raids heh.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Will agree with you on the herbing. They are every where plus so far I have only seen maybe three types of herbs. Sick of seeing the Green leaf lol
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
i heard that mop didnt get a very good review from the gaming experts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's ok.. nothing special atm
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It's not bad. I'm enjoying it more than Cata.

-I'm enjoying the world pvp. Like, the other day I killed some guy named Taylord about 10 times because he kept trying to kill other people. He even kept going after me when I had mobs on me that I was killing..and I would still kill him.

-Questflow: The questflow seems kinda meh. I remember there being more quests in specific hubs in previous expansions...but I believe they did that to make us go out more. Which is a good thing.

-"Rare" Spawns: The rare spawns are kind of cool...though I think they spawn too much.

-The Music: The music is AWFUL. I hate asian themed music. I'm not a huge fan of the asian culture anyway, all the designs I can get over...but the music. My god it's terrible. I just turn the music off and keep my personal music going.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
09/29/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Dochaelian

Probably right on this....

After stumbling thru my Loremaster of Pandaria I was quickly overwhelmed by about 50 daily quests which can chew out about 90 minutes to 2 hours alone. Add Brewfest dailies + Corin & thats another 15-30 minutes. Your average gamer traditionally plays casual 2 to 3 hours tops & all this assumes that players will play nice. Right now everyone is generally playing nice (about 95% of the time) but in a few weeks once people finish up.... daily time might consume the casual gamer.

I literally walked into heroic dungeons & have yet to have a problem with them despite not having a clue what's going on (Although it seems there's always one boss with a shockwave or immediate melee AoE in every dungeon). They are 20-30 minute grinds which is pretty good but they don't seem "heroic".

A great game for those of us who are hardcore guys & spend 4+ hours playing when these xpacs launch. Not so much for the casual crowd.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
looks like gorefiend lost more players to the dreaded payed realm transfer escape route.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/01/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Dochaelian
looks like gorefiend lost more players to the dreaded payed realm transfer escape route.

I'm not in the cities as much as I used to be, so I haven't noticed any real decline. It might be more Horde side then Alliance, or the people leaving aren't worth noticing to begin with.

Present posters in this thread excluded, of course.

09/29/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Dochaelian

If you're talking the Kotaku review, that reviewer pretty much wrote an article saying "I like Guild Wars 2, and here's everything that I can do there that I can't do here in MoP." A far cry from a gaming expert, in my opinion.
Edited by Sabriye on 10/2/2012 9:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
10/02/2012 09:19 AMPosted by Sabriye
If you're talking the Kotaku review, that reviewer pretty much wrote an article saying "I like Guild Wars 2, and here's everything that I can do there that I can't do here in MoP." A far cry from a gaming expert, in my opinion.
na the one i read evaluated on everything from graphics to the community and both of those failed miserably. I guess the community in GW2 actually plays nice together.

Also, maybe making an expansion in honor of an asian business partner isnt such a good idea. They should have stuck to the lore and maybe came up with a darker more sinister theme for an expac.
Edited by Dochaelian on 10/2/2012 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
Hat
dont worry there will be panda tentacles and garrosh tentacles by 5.3
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
I think it's in a safe spot between TBC and WotLK. Quest structure like TBC where you can move on to another area if you need to but the story is still being told. Phasing is used in a proper way and not overly used.

The instances don't seem hard but going by Blizz's idea that anything with random people shouldn't be I think it fits. Challenge modes are there for people who want a hard instance and the raiding is supposed to be harder since they don't expect PuGs to run them. I also like the return of world bosses.

I love how I have tons of dailies to take care of with some meaningful rewards...I do however wish the tabards were BOA so I don't have to do all of this on every other toon just to get into L4R.

I was also weary of the farming but it makes cooking interesting and isn't much of a time sink. Pet battles are pretty boring to me...but my kids like Pokemon so I'll let them have fun with it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yes that's the spirit... if you hate doing it make your kids do it. That sir is the World of Warcraft sales pitch.
Reply Quote
87 Pandaren Monk
Hat
if u haev enough kids they can run fish bots and dialbo 3 bots for u to maek u money while u maek money at work
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
It isn't a matter of them doing it for me as I could care less. They like pokemon and WoW basically implemented it.

That being said...my kids made the correlation between MoP and Kung Fu panda and now have an interest in the game. While I know the two are un-related and hate when people make the connection I have to give it to Blizzard for recruiting their next wave of subscribers. However I won't let them touch the game beyond pet battles with the chat windows turned off. I'd hate to have the explain why everybody is saying "Anal [Whatever]".
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
It's pretty crazy, a big pandemonium.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
if mop was really any good lvl 90 alliance wouldnt be bothering with tol barad.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
The difference in gold between 85 and 90 dailies isn't much. No cap on dailies means people are going to farm everything for money if they want to do that many dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/09/2012 05:37 PMPosted by Dochaelian
if mop was really any good lvl 90 alliance wouldnt be bothering with tol barad.

This quote indicates that you were in Tol Barad & probably lost to said alliance. Look people still got achievements to tackle so maybe that's why they were there.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]