Free Character Transfers - 9/26

(Locked)

Support Forum Agent
Just a couple things I'd like to add to this...

• It's recommend that you check out a destination realm before just opting for a move.
  • You need to make certain that you have no active auctions, and that your mail is clear.
  • Gold caps, and all the other normal transfer criteria apply.
  • As these may only be open for a limited time, it's also highly recommended that if you have multiple characters, or if you are moving with a guild group, you all move within a relatively short period of time.
  • -

From our General Forums....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713912167

We’re providing free transfers off of overpopulated source realms that are currently seeing high queue times. If you’re on one of the below realms and would like to avoid waiting in queues to play, you can take advantage of these free transfers. We’ve done our best to match realm types and time zones for a smooth transfer process.

We’re planning to allow the current transfers to go until approximately 9:00 a.m. PDT, October 4, but please note that if a large number of people transfer to a destination realm we may need to end the free transfers early. If you’re planning to transfer we recommend doing so sooner rather than later.

Although free Guild Master Realm Transfers are not possible at this time, these free character transfers will allow you to retain your guild membership and reputation, provided the guild master completes a paid Guild Master Realm Transfer to the destination realm first, and does not change factions.

Free Transfers 9/27 – 10/4

To: Gundrak (Oceanic - PvP)

To: Mug’thol (Central – PvP)

To: Frostwolf (Pacific – PvP)

To: Velen (Mountain – PvE)

To: Bloodscalp (Mountain - PvP)

To: Dark Iron (Pacific - PvP)

To: Trollbane (Eastern - PvE)

To: Alterac Mountains (Eastern - PvP)

To take advantage of these transfers log into Account Management, select your World of Warcraft license, and at the bottom click on Free Character Migration. Eligible characters will be listed. Please see the Free Character Migration Disclaimers and FAQ for more info.

We’ll be continuing to closely monitor realm concurrency, and will provide updates should the above transfers be altered, or any new transfers become available.
    85 Human Warrior
    I am having a problem i can't leave my Arena teams.What do i do >??? my q times are very long
    87 Undead Mage
    Samson,

you need to /teamdisband 2v2, /teamdisband 3v3, and /teamdisband 5v5 - if you're just a member you can move no problem, but use /teamquit if you have issues.
    Edited by Michichael on 9/27/2012 10:50 PM PDT
    90 Undead Mage
    So free transfers... I have never had an issue before with logging in in the past. Now all of a sudden I do. Why isn't there a population cap? That would make too much sense I guess.
    MVP - Customer Support
    100 Tauren Druid
    09/28/2012 05:54 PMPosted by Magicnugz
    Why isn't there a population cap?

There is. When more than a certain number of people are in-game on a realm, there's a queue to get in.
    "Shhh. My common sense is tingling." -- Wade Wilson
    90 Human Rogue
    How long will this last.I have all my main characters on darkspear and illidan and i dont want to wait for the que and change the server :(
    90 Blood Elf Paladin
    09/27/2012 09:26 AMPosted by Orlyia
    Free Transfers 9/27 – 10/4
    90 Undead Mage
    Don't think you're understanding... a population cap BEFORE the population exceeds a total number of people. For instance, after 2,000 people register on a server it is closed. It doesn't matter if some people are only on at night or mornings or afternoons. Find a good number to balance server stability and playability.

We have to wait to play a game we pay about 150 bucks a year for. That is ridiculous. Put a PLAYER number cap on servers Blizz and GG.

It is really as simple as that. I have been playing online games since they existed and for how much good this game has and how big of a team it should have as well there should not be wait times to log in.
    90 Undead Mage
    Day 4 in a row that I have tried to sign on and waited longer than 30 minutes by the way. And it is funny how people say "you should have joined a smaller server."

I was on a smaller server (Korialstrasz) and paid to have 3 of my toons transferred over to Area 52 because Kori is a dead server. Now months later (REGARDLESS of the expansion, I don't really see that a viable excuse.) I lose an average of 4 hours of playtime a week which is considerable being that I actually work.

And by the way: Smaller server=smaller auction house= RIDICULOUS auction prices. (And that is to say IF your item is even located on the auction house at all.)

When I started my subscription and got the wow addiction I was not informed that I would have to wait sometimes over an hour just to log in to the server I was choosing. This is a problem that should be addressed because your biggest servers are getting the least satisfaction due to a lack of preparation for high volumes on the server.
    Edited by Magicnugz on 9/30/2012 1:37 PM PDT
    MVP - Customer Support
    100 Tauren Druid
    09/30/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Magicnugz
    This is a problem that should be addressed

... it is. What else do you think the free transfers are supposed to accomplish?
    "In the name of Elune, I will punish you!"
    89 Pandaren Rogue
    Hi, i noticed under the free transfer FAQ it lists these things:
    Your character’s quest log will be cleared completely.
    User interface settings (macros, character-specific key bindings, etc...) will be reset.

Does that mean my rogue legendary quest progress will be reset? And is there any way to backup all my settings that are going to be reset?

And the last question is will there be any reputation resets such as the argent tourny if i xferr? I xferred and faction changed once already and lost a lot of progress on things like the argent tourny but i wasnt sure if it was from the facton change or xferr.
    87 Dwarf Paladin
    Blackrock isn't on the high population list. So why can't i transfer there?
    MVP - World of Warcraft
    100 Troll Rogue
    09/30/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Forsetti
    Blackrock isn't on the high population list. So why can't i transfer there?

For free transfers it is to move the population onto the servers where it is needed more, if you have a specific server you want to go to you have to pay for it, unless it happens to be chosen for a target server later.
    93 Draenei Shaman
    I cant use this as its saying i have a character still online... i havent even logged on in over 12 hours how can i have a character online...
    Im wanting to transfere to a server that will allow me to disable pvp entirely during normal play ... ive been told this is possible on some servers but i do not know which ones.. can i get a suggestion?
    90 Troll Hunter
    I know dev's dont see look at this forum BUT seeing thta CRX is all the craze atm.. why not just duplicate the realm (in stealth) So that all the people that are on the realm can be on at once.

I know having 3000+ ppl in a city at one time would be a bit crazy i.e clicking on NPC's for quests, daily hubs etc, but have those area's crx free ( with conditions ofc like if your questing with a friend).. and Use I dont know Shattrath / Dalaran as crx cities for friends to gather.
    MVP - Customer Support
    100 Tauren Druid
    10/01/2012 02:57 AMPosted by Kronyx
    why not just duplicate the realm (in stealth) So that all the people that are on the realm can be on at once.

The Pandaren starting zones already do that (it's the same CRZ tech, but in reverse). The problem with that is that doing it for the entire realm (capital cities, daily zones, etc.) makes it a lot harder to do things with your realmmates without grouping up with them.

Will the CRZ tech eventually allow for more things like this? Absolutely - I can very much see telling your friend to meet you in "Orgrimmar, Destromath realm, Shard 3", and being able to select that from a drop-down menu.

But the tech is only in its infancy. There's a long way to go before that happens - and for now, players will just have to deal with transfers.
    "Grathan's trouble, see. Big trouble. Mad scientist type. Likes weapons. Cyborgs. Droids. Ergonomic chairs." -- Captain Bryn
    66 Night Elf Druid
    It says I have a character online. I haven't been online in 5 days. Really Blizzard? Really? Fix this now!
    90 Draenei Shaman
    Is it possible to add Moon Guard to the list of realms that need free transfers off? There is constantly a queue at prime-time.
    90 Night Elf Warrior
    say im on a pacific server like kil'jaeden, but im eastern and would like to switch to a server of my time zone - could I xfer to say, alterac mountains, as it is a valid destination still.
    This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]