Starter Edition to Battlechest

90 Troll Hunter
So I got the digital edition of the battle chest last night with BC and Wrath of the Lich King in it. When I log in I use the the WoW 2 account, it doesn't say starter edition anymore in the top left corner, it says Wrath of the Lich King and wants me to upgrade to Cataclysm, but when I log in and actually start playing I still can't talk, or trade. When I try to trade or talk it says starter edition accounts cannot perform that action which is confusing me since I upgraded digitally. I know it's not immediate but I thought I would at least be able to trade and it is the next day. Is there anything I can do or did I do something wrong? Or should I just wait?

Thanks.
Edited by Hightide on 9/28/2012 6:43 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It takes up to 72 hours for all starter restrictions to fall off.

You should be able to level past 20, join a guild, level professions and the gold cap should have come off immediately.
85 Troll Priest
Trial restrictions may take up to 72 hours until they are removed.

As it was stated twice during the transaction process...
33 Blood Elf Paladin
As it mentions several times during the upgrade process, and in the FAQ, it may take up to 72 hours for social restrictions to be removed. Social restrictions include grouping, chat, AH, and mail. Leveling restrictions are removed immediately.

Blizzard waits until it receives the money from your bank and they have up to 72 hours to provide it. Typically banks take the money from the buyer immediately, but then sit on it a few days to use it to make money before giving it to the seller.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/online-upgrade-faq
Will this process remove the Starter Edition restrictions off my account?
Most Starter Edition restrictions will be removed immediately after payment information is entered for an upgrade, but some restrictions (such as certain in-game chat privileges) will remain in place until payment verification is fully complete. This may take up to 72 hours.
Edited by Holyångel on 9/28/2012 6:47 AM PDT
90 Troll Hunter
I knew all of that but when I try to do anything it says, "starter edition accounts cannot perform that action." That was just making me think that it didn't upgrade or something.

Thanks
Support Forum Agent
I knew all of that but when I try to do anything it says, "starter edition accounts cannot perform that action." That was just making me think that it didn't upgrade or something.

Thanks

Exactly, because those would be the limited functions for the 72 hours.

The text is a tad misleading - but effectively for those functions it is still a starter account.

If your leveling can go past 20, which it should once upgraded, it's just a matter of time before the rest of the functionality kicks in.
90 Troll Hunter
Ok, thanks a lot. I made a new toon and it's only level 10 so we'll see once I get to level 20.
72 Undead Rogue
Can the rest it it become availible while your online?
90 Orc Hunter
Sorry to revive an old thread, but it there anyway you can take this off with just buying the first month? Or if I say bought a 60-day time card.. I'd like it off asap :)
89 Undead Mage
12/25/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Oldama
I'd like it off asap

You'll have to wait until the payement clears.
7 Human Paladin
I bought the battle chest and in stalled it but it still says im a starter edition and its been 5 days but I still cant pass lvl 20
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It takes up to 72 hours for all starter restrictions to fall off.

You should be able to level past 20, join a guild, level professions and the gold cap should have come off immediately.
Support Forum Agent
02/28/2013 06:15 PMPosted by Dejaanns
I bought the battle chest and in stalled it but it still says im a starter edition and its been 5 days but I still cant pass lvl 20

Did you purchase the Battle Chest from a retail store, Dejaanns? I don't see any purchases on your Battle.net account from the Blizzard Store.

In order to upgrade you must do more than just install the game. What you have access to depends on your account, not the game client you are using.

If you purchased a retail copy you should have a CD/Authentication key available, you'll need to upgrade your current starter edition with that key. Log into the Account Management page and click the Add a Game Key in the Games & Codes drop down.

Make sure you select your current World of Warcraft account to upgrade and don't create a new one. As long as you do that you'll be able to continue leveling the characters you have already been working on.
Edited by Vrakthris on 2/28/2013 6:57 PM PST
55 Blood Elf Hunter
I bought the battle chest an 1 month o game time but when i try to trade it says i have starter edition its been one week
90 Tauren Paladin
08/12/2013 07:59 AMPosted by Zauno
I bought the battle chest an 1 month o game time but when i try to trade it says i have starter edition its been one week
Did you apply the code to your current Battle.net account (the one with the character you're posting from) or did you start a new account?

Check your accounts page to see how many WoW accounts are listed. If you started a new account you'll need to submit a ticket to have the Battlechest key switched to the correct account.
Support Forum Agent

That is strange, Zauno, I can confirm that the account upgrade took place over a week ago. I don't see any reason why you would not have the ability to trade.

I gave the account a nudge to see if that has any impact. Please let me know.

~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~~~

How's my driving? Click me.
23 Tauren Warrior
howdy i recently got into Wow through friends so i upgraded my starter account Via Paypal and it said up to 72 hours but it has been 5 days.i can level past 20 but cant make any Death Knight's, trade or use chat to other people other then friends. Can someone help?
Edited by Staunchdawgg on 8/24/2015 4:48 PM PDT
2 Blood Elf Mage
You'll want to contact Billing too see what's up. I recommend Live Chat:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/solution/wow/167
This topic has expired. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]