MOP Rare pets (For Hunters)

90 Night Elf Hunter
Early this morning I tamed Savage, a rare white Siberian tiger in Jade forest. I'm excited about it. Anyways, figure if you're like me you want some info on other's. All my pets except for one is all rares (i.e. I have all the spirit beast currently from Cata and WoTLK, Samabas, Madexx, Nuramoc, etc.)

So here is some info for you hunters I found from a website on MOP rare pets curently.

Happy Hunting!

Jade Forest

Savage, the white tigress

Glimmer, the aqua strider

Krasarang Wilds

Bloodtooth, the dragon turtle

Valley of the Four Winds

Patrannache, the crane

Dread Wastes

Hexapos, the strider

Townlong Steppes

Rockhide the Immovable, the basilisk

Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Portent, the quilen

Kun-Lai Summit

Bristlespine, the porcupine

Stompy, the goat

The challenge with these guys is they have a looooong travel path. Thats right, they actually travel as oppose to staying in one spot. Also note that Savage stealths and reappears (kinda like ghostcrawler does in Abyssal Depths.) So I'm not sure if the others do. I doubt it though since cats usually are the ones that stealth's besides spirit beast.

http://sneakysams.blogspot.com/p/mop-maps-for-rare-hunter-pets-spoiler.html

That link gives off the travel path for each pet.

Good luck!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Thank you very much for the information! I want Portent and Bloodtooth... The only problem, as with many hunters, is my stable slots are essentially full...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Zadzakiel
Thank you very much for the information! I want Portent and Bloodtooth... The only problem, as with many hunters, is my stable slots are essentially full...

You still have s shot at it and I wish you the best of luck and thanks!

Also note: ALL PETS ARE STEALTH! They do leave tracks in their path. I know that Savage comes in and out of stealth so I'm assuming the others do as well.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
09/28/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Zadzakiel

I just got those 2 last night, I don't think they came out of stealth once though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
09/28/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Bigfudge
I just got those 2 last night, I don't think they came out of stealth once though.

They both were stealth the whole time? My hunter hasn't leveled past 85 yet so I don't know.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
All new rare mop hunter pets will be in stealth, you have to track the footprints in the direction the heel is pointing and use your flare to unstealth the beast. a great source of information on rares and tracking is located here
http://sneakysams.blogspot.com/p/mop-maps-for-rare-hunter-pets-spoiler.html
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Thanks for this guide. Do you know of any similar guides to obtaining rare pets from previous expansions? (I switched to a hunter for this expansion, never played one before - only have about 5 pets in my stable atm) ;)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
How often do they leave tracks, i spotted some but then they went away and couldn't find anymore.

* this was for savage.
Edited by Osires on 9/29/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Hunter
Cheers for guide! As a collector this should be awesomesauce. :)
Reply Quote
sweet
!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Thanks for the list
PS I love you blizzard this was fun tracking these beasts.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Stompy has a relatively small path compared to say, Portent, who wanders end to end of the zone. Annoyingly, his path also can sometimes go where you will never be able to, so you have to just wait and move around.

In my hunt for Stompy (and looking up info on others):
The tracks are backwards for some reason. You have to follow them in the opposite direction of what you would expect.
The tracks are ONLY visible to a hunter. My boyfriend was annoyed that his druid couldn't see the tracks. I had to do it on my own.
Stompy does a lot of turning and meandering. I found two tracks next to each other that were facing the opposite directions.
Stompy walks straight up cliffs. I think that might explain why you get to a point with him and his tracks disappear. I lost his trail, then picked it up again on a different section of the mountain.
Be prepared to use readiness and flare. The ground is uneven, so the flare doesn't cover much, and Stompy changes direction a lot, so a flare in the same location twice in a row has a chance of revealing him. In fact, that's how I got him.
Once Hunter's Mark is on them, they don't disappear on you. You can follow them all over the zone, or until another Hunter comes along and reveals him. He will only remain visible to you, the hunter.

These are a different challenge than Cata ones. You don't seem to need to sorry about surviving the tame. You just need to have the patience and will to find them.

Personally, I want Portent, but only if he happens to spawn in green, which is my favorite color. For now, I have a regular ol' Quilen that I managed to tame at a stage where he wasn't a rock. I also have the stone version. Useless, but mildly amusing, especially if you glyphed Stampede. :)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I love portent but I got the red one with the fake mustache D:
Have you seen the guys face? Red Portant is under cover I guess @.@
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]