Vampiric Embrace PvP

90 Blood Elf Priest
What are the reasons that it changed. I barely use it only probably in instances,. Pvp wise almost never. It's another useless spell.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I agree, it's lost a lot of it's charm. It needs a shorter cd or some damage component.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Was a passive ability that gave very little healing return.
Is now an active ability that has the potential to heal quite a lot.

I don't think the spell is at fault here.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Was a passive ability that gave very little healing return.
Is now an active ability that has the potential to heal quite a lot.

I don't think the spell is at fault here.

The spell itself is pretty decent but the cooldown is too long
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Yeah I agree, I forget about it in instances pretty much. Sometimes I'll use it on a boss fight.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
09/25/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Bloodthristy
Pvp wise almost never. It's another useless spell.

It's quite strong IMO. Only useless because you're not using it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It should have a lower cd, it use to be a passive ability with quite good survivability, now I have to apply renew and get the dark binding glyph.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
3 min cooldown, lasts 15 seconds - 50% single target damage heals Me and allies and it splits evenly. Whenever I'm a a bg it's almost impossible to use because of the CCs and timing, however I do believe it will benefit me somewhat in arenas,
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Use with dispersion.
Edit: well, if you have dots on your targets.
Edited by Babilla on 9/27/2012 10:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If you're barely using VE, you either group with incredible tanks + healers that take things slow or you're doing things wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Interesting, you've never died in pvp before?
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Flash Heal overshadows it, in healing + also has no cd.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
09/27/2012 11:00 AMPosted by Wofye

when your flash healing, you're not doing any damage.
Reply Quote
88 Pandaren Priest
Great spell, ridiculously long cooldown. Most people forget to use it.
Reply Quote
09/27/2012 11:08 AMPosted by Reckyo

when your flash healing, you're not doing any damage.

Considering we're a DoT class still. Most of us are still doing damage.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Priest
a shorter CD would be very handy.... i use it a lot... and honestly. it came in handy lvl'ing up. solo'ing rare spawns and whatnot
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
Dot's are too short, VE is pretty useless to me by the time I need or consider wasting it for heals, stuff has gone down the drain already... pve its ok.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
In short, Vampiric Embrace is great for raid healing. If you have 10 people, it puts out 500k+ healing, very similar to a Divine Hymn or Tranq. With the glyph, I believe this is a lot more.

Solo, it's not very useful, although it does help. In 5 mans, it helps provide some relief for healers.

Aenoam- Vampiric Touch is great for the mana return. I usually keep it up to make sure my mana stays up.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Vampiric Embrace
Instant 3 min cooldown
Fills you with the embrace of Shadow energy, causing you and your allies to be healed for 50% of any single-target Shadow spell damage you deal, split evenly between them. Lasts 15 sec.

I felt like I had to post the spell in order to clear any confusion. The more people in your group, the less healing u get since the healing is split evenly amongst everyone. I think blizz should make a glyph that turns the ability to passive, although that is a lot to ask and we should be happy with what we have. Also, the only confusion I have is the spell says "single target shadow damage" so that should exclude dots right? And lastly, a good example to use this spell is to have ur procs from fdcl and divine insight line up, pop ur trinket with shadowfiend (although I'm not sure shadowfiend adds to the healing, but I always pop it with my trinket) and burst the target down while its healing u. My 2 cents
Reply Quote
40 Undead Mage
I dunno if any of you have actually even used VE .... pop it .... pvp ..... most op !@#$ing ability ...
if you have dots on a target ... and you mindblast into procs of anything or you have DP up .... you will heal to full from half hp in under 2 seconds .... and it stays up for 15 seconds .... so your healing yourself and others while your dpsing .... also the healing spread only applies to other people in your party you still get healed for the full 50%
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]