Pet Battle thread

90 Undead Warlock
I'm having fun with this.

1 issue though, am I crazy or has anyone else fought people that they think they know just because of the way they look but then you see them again and they have a totally different roster/gender?

I keep seeing this happen.

Anyone else?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I'm having fun with this.

1 issue though, am I crazy or has anyone else fought people that they think they know just because of the way they look but then you see them again and they have a totally different roster/gender?

I keep seeing this happen.

Anyone else?

The models of the people you fight get turned into those random NPCs in Dalaran. They do it to keep the opponents anonymous, I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Then some of the people I know have no sense of style..
Reply Quote
24 Pandaren Monk
Meet Raggedy, my pet monkey in a fez.

Also, it's a shame that they're randomized. I was amused when the giant Orc ran away from Raggedy.
Edited by Nemi on 9/25/2012 10:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Clockwork Gnome can go to hell with that turret spam.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
In beta only one turret could be out at a time.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
09/26/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Kerdic

I played around with the clockwork gnome. The turrets never really seemed that powerful.

I'm speculating at this point that the real powerhouse teams will be full of undead and mechanical pets, though. Those insta-revives are a huge deal.
Reply Quote
My Paarthunax (Spirit of Competition) Is having lots of fun with Blessing of the Ancients. The heal and health boost is really awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
its so fun but I'm SO AWFUL against actual people :(....
Reply Quote
Surge of Power is obscenely powerful against those 2-pet wild pet lineups, 'specially if its a dragon casting it...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
By the way, you apparently do NOT need MoP to learn battle training or accept battle quests. This was I guessed done last night at some point, and I am currently running around the world ready to conquer all with my little blizzard bear.

Also, I'm going to just leave this here:
http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/pet-battle-pokemon-music
Reply Quote
30 Pandaren Shaman
Two pet wild lineups are easy. Bring a Baby Blizzard Bear. He one-shots the buggers.
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 12:32 AMPosted by Kerdic

LOLOLOL

You have no idea how fun it is to give someone the satisfaction of killing my clockwork gnome and then having it come back to life with full health because of Repair.

<3 Rel Q. Arry
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Two questions: Is there a reason to keep all the extra pets one might have from the combined efforts of several characters with 50+ or 100+ achievements prior to the account-wide pets - or should I just cage 'em all up and sell 'em off? Following this question, can opponents capture your pets (perhaps a reason to hang onto the excess) in battle?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Loving Pet Battles...I'm almost constantly tempted to grind them up more than my actually character >.>
Reply Quote
09/26/2012 04:17 PMPosted by Valdiis
Two questions: Is there a reason to keep all the extra pets one might have from the combined efforts of several characters with 50+ or 100+ achievements prior to the account-wide pets - or should I just cage 'em all up and sell 'em off? Following this question, can opponents capture your pets (perhaps a reason to hang onto the excess) in battle?

You should cage the weaker pet out of the excess ones you have.

Also, you can't capture player's own pets.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Death Knight
Most excellent. Thank you, Danyle, for answering my most pressing questions I couldn't find an answer to. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
i wish there was a way the system could tell you if you caught the pet or not.

little hard keeping up with 100+ pets.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
You can check while fighting a wild pet

They're in alphabetical order in your pet tab, just uncheck the "owned" box.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
I am leveling battle pets, since I have nothing else to do until I actually get MoP. I thought it'd be neat to level one of every elemental for mage specs... Having all elementals sucks.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]