What's your Shado-Pan reputation?

90 Human Death Knight
I hit 90 yesterday, did all the Shadopan quests in Townlong and Dread Wastes and the southwest corner of Kunlai. Now I'm stuck with 300 more reputation required to get honoured. I can't get any dailies in Townlong at their garrison like it was available in the beta. The NPC in the vale says I need to build rep with Golden Lotus first.

Did I miss any quests somewhere? Is it possible to be honoured just from the levelling quests?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I am having the same issue. I have gone through all 114 quests on wowhead to look for something I may have missed.....but nothing is available at al and I am 5736/6000
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Would love a reply for this, i am having the same problem, finished all of Kun lai and have done all of the golden lotus for today :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If I have figured it out correctly, there's a quest that requires you to get revered with Golden Lotus before continuing shado-pan rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
CFT
09/27/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Cutie
If I have figured it out correctly, there's a quest that requires you to get revered with Golden Lotus before continuing shado-pan rep.

I don't really understand the reasoning behind this, but whatever...
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
09/27/2012 10:10 AMPosted by Cutie

It seems that's the quest called "Understanding The Shado-Pan"

I thought they were joking when I read that on other sites. It's a bit annoying seeing that they're a part of gearing up. At least the other factions don't have that restriction.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I noticed the same problem.
Looks like I won't be able to buy the blue gear before I already outgear it.
Edited by Checkors on 9/28/2012 7:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I noticed the same problem.
Looks like I won't be able to buy the blue gear before I already outgear it.

Its always been this way in wow. Blizzard has yet to address the problem.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
This really does seem pointless. It will be some 18 days before we're able to work on Shado-Pan rep to buy an valor gear from them. By then the gear will be pointless. Blizzard is notorious for throttling the game. However, this is just one bad use of throttling. Valor gear that won't be obtainable for a month or so. I guess they designed the expac for us not to raid within the first month.

This system also doesn't help our alts either. Who will be a month or so even farther behind that. In the end we will all be left with the final tier for the last 10 months of the expac anyway and bored out of our minds. At least we have Farmville a la Valley of the Four Winds (Halfhill).

The same goes for August Celestials. No rep quests (dailies) from them until Golden Lotus is at Revered. So, two of the necessary factions are not accessible for 18 days at least. Then we get to farm rep from them. 30 days at least.
Edited by Alcapwn on 9/29/2012 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
11 Pandaren Monk
Think maybe they wanted you to enjoy the process rather than blowing through what was previously unneccesary content. In other xpacs you just threw on a tabard and repped in dungeons... I like this better... it gives me a reason to do dailies, thus farming more motes and other mats necessary.... possibly they didnt want you raiding seven days a week but instead to make it required for you to spend time on your "main".
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
So this is what I'm reading here is correct...you have to have completed the Understanding The Shado-Pan quest before dailys become available at Shadow-Pan Garrison?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
10/15/2012 01:26 AMPosted by Superflynoob
So this is what I'm reading here is correct...you have to have completed the Understanding The Shado-Pan quest before dailys become available at Shadow-Pan Garrison?

That's correct. Both Shado-Pan and Celestial rep dailies require revered with the golden lotus.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]