when will monks stop being overpopulated?

(Locked)

76 Pandaren Monk
DOA
kind of bothering :P
90 Gnome Monk
DK's were worse. Far worse.

To be fair, it's not even been a week but things will eventually even out over the next few months.
90 Human Monk
I'm usually the only one I see in any groups, so I haven't really noticed an overpopulation.
It's already getting better. In Outlands I'm frequently the only monk in the group.

Low level areas will be flooded with them because of the novelty. It's a new class.

And yes, as someone mentioned above, DKs were WAY worse because of how close to the level cap they started. With Monks, a lot of people are starting them and then realizing that 1-90 is a lot of work, so jump ship back to their mains that are already at 85.
90 Human Monk
Monks will probably drop off in a month or two after people realize they're not what they expected.
90 Blood Elf Monk
Dungeons between 1-40 were typically 5 monks, but after hitting outlands, any dungeon group maybe has a monk healer or tank while I DPS ( DPS queues are instant ^.^).
90 Night Elf Monk
This is as good as it gets.

Once people get there other toons leveled, you will see more and more monks.

Dks were worse, and then got crazy overpopulated the second people had leveled there old main.
68 Pandaren Monk
As soon as most of them realize that Brewmasters are the worst tank bar none.

As soon as most of them realize that Windwalker is the weakest PvP spec bar none.

not long at all, actually
90 Gnome Monk
As soon as most of them realize that Brewmasters are the worst tank bar none.

As soon as most of them realize that Windwalker is the weakest PvP spec bar none.

not long at all, actually

Without Shuffle, yes. With Shuffle, about the same as Druids.

Give it time, Blizzard will "address" these eventually.
90 Gnome Monk

Without Shuffle, yes. With Shuffle, about the same as Druids.

Give it time, Blizzard will "address" these eventually.

Given their track record I don't have too much confidence.

I'm going to say hit and miss on this as well.
90 Pandaren Monk
It's been 2 days man. Chill.
58 Human Monk
Almost all my dungeon queues have been full monk. But it is fun!

People will have their monk alts, but will usually always go back to their mains. I'm sure the population will wither a little within 2 or 3 months.
Im kinda curious why you think monks are the worst tank. Seems like with the brew that gives them bonus dodge, and kick giving high parry along with the damage reduction from stagger it seems like they have fairly decent damage mitigation. I know it takes a while for brew to stack up but most raid bosses don't instantly spike anyways.
I'm level 45, not 35 - curse your armory. Anyway, I've noticed the numbers tapering off already. Though I may have just outleveled the majority for the time being.
90 Human Monk
Well, as far as heroics are concerned, my 20k hps and 120k AoE dps as brewmaster on trash and minimal damage from bosses (shuffle/purify/GoO = good) as well make brewmaster's a pretty dang strong tank.
Granted I have limited raid experience on this char (read: none), so maybe you're right at higher levels of content.

However leveling players won't experience that content. So...

Actually, speaking of it, I think I've run into two other monks, whats this about overpopulation you say?
90 Human Monk
Nowhere near DKs. For weeks all groups from 60-70 were JUST DKs.
90 Troll Monk
09/26/2012 11:43 PMPosted by Moine

Makes me remember that time in Beta when you could stack DnD and trivialize all the instances till 70.

And on the topic of tanks; they did hotfix buff Keg Smash yesterday. Sure, it took like, two or so months to get it done, but hey, it happened.

Windwalkers will likely remain 'bland' to some people till Patch 6.0 drops.
85 Troll Shaman
09/26/2012 11:53 PMPosted by Beifong

Makes me remember that time in Beta when you could stack DnD and trivialize all the instances till 70.

And on the topic of tanks; they did hotfix buff Keg Smash yesterday. Sure, it took like, two or so months to get it done, but hey, it happened.

Windwalkers will likely remain 'bland' to some people till Patch 6.0 drops.

Might your awesome name be related to a certain blind earthbender?
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]