Glyph of the Necromancer

90 Undead Warlock
So how would you guys feel about a minor glyph that cosmetically changed demons into undead?

Imp/Fel Imp = Caster Skeleton/Skeletal Mage

Succubus/Shivara = Banshee/Valkyr

Voidwalker/Voidlord = Some kind of shade?

Fel Hunter/Beholder = Wraith/Devourer of Souls

Fel Guard/Wrathguard = Skeletal Warrior/Lord Marrowgar's model (complete with Bonestorm)

Metamorphosis could also be a Lich instead of a demon

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
We still use pets?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
wouldnt really be a fan, its not a warlock then, its a necromancer, which is not what i rolled
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
i think that you missed one thing...

Warlocks are demonic casters...

necromancers are more like DK thing.

two kinds of magic there, similar but different.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

No.

This is wrong.

Look up WoW lore with regards to the origin of the Scourge and Undeath.

We should actually be able to enslave DKs. >_<
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
We aren't far from being necromancers, especially Afflictionists. Let's not forget where the necromancy we know in the game came from and what the original Death Knights were. I wouldn't mind seeing a minor glyph that gave Affliction more of a necromancer feel.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
I've decided the Glyph of Eternal Night should be both undead and Old God minions.

So.

Imp - no idea.
Fel Imp - A tiny lich. It would be cute/cool.
Succy - Banshee
Shivarra - Valkyr
Voidwalker - no change, Void and Old God stuff is all jumbled
Voidlord - same
Felpuppy - shadowfied
Observer - mindbender
Fluffy - faceless
Wrathguard - a Death Knight
Edited by Baalsamael on 9/27/2012 2:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
nope.png

I am not a necromancer. There is no euphoria involved in undead twisting.

Fel magic is best magic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I like the idea. Anything that makes me unique and gives me a choice in what my pets look like.

How about being able to use Enslave Demon to get your demon pets, much like how hunters use Tame Beast?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
So how would you guys feel about a minor glyph that cosmetically changed demons into undead?

Voidwalker/Voidlord = Some kind of shade? [[Abomination / Armored abomination]]

Fel Guard/Wrathguard = Skeletal Warrior/Lord Marrowgar's model (complete with Bonestorm)

Thoughts?

Great idea, really. It'd be fun, despite all the grief that people are flaming about warlocks...
Edited by Baltharion on 9/27/2012 11:20 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Yea, pretty much anything where I can have a pet that's not exactly the same as everyone else would be fun.

Give the Warlock class the level of pet variety that hunters have and we'd be perfect.
Reply Quote
It would be awesome to get a DK for a pet. Imagine the QQ that we would see from everybody.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I think I heard somewhere that blizz originally had planned to have a necromancer class, but the idea was scrapped because they were too similar to warlocks game-play wise.

Warlocks are pretty much the reason why necromancers will never be a class, but a simple cosmetic glyph could add them as an option
Edited by Mephelis on 9/28/2012 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Also there should be a glyph that allows DKs to summon demons instead of zombies. Right?

"Glyph of Class Homogenization"

Yeah!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Also there should be a glyph that allows DKs to summon demons instead of zombies. Right?

Yeah!

Actually, I think that would be pretty cool, especially if they could give them fire effects instead of ice

Brings up memories of old school demonic horde death knights
Edited by Mephelis on 9/28/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

Yeah!

Warlocks created Death Knights. They are pretty much the equivalent of a healthstone, just a creation derived from fel magic.

Don't be stupid, read lore.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Warlock

Voidwalker/Voidlord = Some kind of shade?

Thoughts?

I like the idea. Anything that makes me unique and gives me a choice in what my pets look like.

How about being able to use Enslave Demon to get your demon pets, much like how hunters use Tame Beast?

Yea, pretty much anything where I can have a pet that's not exactly the same as everyone else would be fun.

Give the Warlock class the level of pet variety that hunters have and we'd be perfect.

I totally support this ideas, they should let us customizes or hunt for other more powerful demons... just as hunters can. Or let us change cosmetically at list.

No.

This is wrong.

Look up WoW lore with regards to the origin of the Scourge and Undeath.

We should actually be able to enslave DKs. >_<

09/27/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Tecxero
We aren't far from being necromancers, especially Afflictionists. Let's not forget where the necromancy we know in the game came from and what the original Death Knights were. I wouldn't mind seeing a minor glyph that gave Affliction more of a necromancer feel.

Very true, Lore wise, the first warlocks had powerful necromancer abilities it was part of their arsenal of powers. Also the first necromancer where supposable the Dread Lords. This could be a very good way to enhance or give more uniqueness to the Affliction Spec even if it's only cosmetically. Controversially, if followed the lore, Necromancy is only a part of the Dark knowledge and power the Warlock posses as it was the Burning Legion who taught the first warlocks to do necromancy. Making the Warlocks more powerful than necromancers or Death Knight, as they DO command VERY POWERFUL Demons including Fel magic which basically IS one of the most dangerous and corruptive power sources in WoW universe, who can say right? So, a Good Warlock with enough dark knowledge would command necromantic energy with ease, Heck! Destruction Warlocks can even tap into the Twisted Nether, to tap in to such power would be nothing, he just be changing to a more docile dead pets. Definitely it be very lore wise and nice enhancement to Affliction even if the undead you race glow and burn with green fire or look more demonic than undead. EVEN BETTER UNDEAD DEMONS! LOL that be funny but great, you rise your demon as they Die even more powerful with change or enhance abilities like the DK's Unholy Rise for players that turn them undead.

However in favor of the DK's, necromancy HAS become a power in its own right thanks to the Lich King as he was the one that took that knowledge to a whole new level . The problem lies with the Death Knight they took all of that and more. If they EVER make a Necromancer the focus has to be very different Blizzard will not make a copy class if they have DK's already with does powers or a half bake Class. I believe they focused on the Panicle most Powerful and Legendary aspect of undeath.
Example of a Necromancer Specializations could be: Vampirism (Crypt Lords), Lichdom (Lich), Darkness (Dark Shade or Shadow Ascendant). Depending on your specialization are the pets you command and the transformation you could take by consuming the power those pets and their necromantic powers etc. Besides shadow bolts they would have different powers depending on the specs chosen. In the Talent or the Glyph they could add the special features and fun stuff. Or something different like that... They would have to add more cosmetics to the undead race to make this specializations look good and also put more skeletal detail in the Pets of other races that are not human.

I've decided the Glyph of Eternal Night should be both undead and Old God minions.

So.

Imp - no idea.
Fel Imp - A tiny lich. It would be cute/cool.
Succy - Banshee
Shivarra - Valkyr
Voidwalker - no change, Void and Old God stuff is all jumbled
Voidlord - same
Felpuppy - shadowfied
Observer - mindbender
Fluffy - faceless
Wrathguard - a Death Knight

This be great!! As for the OLD GODS and their TWILIGHT so call source of power, I think should be a Healing or Support heal Spec (Like our off tank Demonology if they ever decide to make it a tank or not). Why? because the ONLY Class Strong enough to command and not succumb to the corruption or will of the OLD Gods would be Warlocks. Lore wise Warlocks ways is to show true control and command of the dark forces by not subsuming to it, since to them this would show weakness. We already command the power of daemons why not the power of Old Gods? Fight fire with fire no? Why Healing? Well Archbishop Benedictus commanded the TWILIGHT and did some Twilight Casters, I think it be GREAT twisted and FUN. Just like Druids get a 4th spec also we get this one too heal/buff allies kill enemies kind of powers. Or this could be a Good enhance to Affliction since the Old Gods are like an Affliction...it could add that flavor of healing or support healing we need to have diversity in our spec.
All DPS classes need diversity, I mean now with the new changes, being a DPS only class is not that great, leaves you almost left out or pleading to get into groups/raids. Or the long wait or the fact that the healer left or tank and we can't finish? Also what if I don't like the current Healer or Tank classes? Start again and play a class I don't like, F*** that, level to 90?. HECK I PAY ANYTHING IF they added unlocks or upgrade Special/Racial/Heroes SPECS for my class so I could TANK or HEAL in my WARLOCK it be different unique and FUN. Anyway you get the idea. Totally support the OLD GOD thing man!

To summit up it be great, really hope Blizzard do take an interest in this ideas you guys posted and ignore the haters. ;P
Edited by Negushah on 9/29/2012 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I haden't even considered the old gods stuff, to be honest.

Really the more variety the better
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I want a glyph that removes the tanking part of demon apotheosis, and just gives me badass wings all the time.

Alternatively, a glyph that turns your meta into an avatar version of demon apotheosis.

I'm tired of turning into a low poly nigh formless blocky purple thing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I haden't even considered the old gods stuff, to be honest.

Really the more variety the better

Looks like you don't need the glyph to be a necromancer after all. Stop necro your own topic.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]