Pet limit

100 Night Elf Priest
Is there a limit to how many pets we can have?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Something like 500 IIRC.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
3 of each, up to 500 total.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Is there any post or guide or something that shows this?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Hunter
09/27/2012 10:07 AMPosted by Ponyo
Is there any post or guide or something that shows this?

I know I read this somewhere from an official source, but I can't remember where. I know the system will tell you when you try to catch a fourth pet that you have too many of that type already, though.
Edited by Aieny on 9/27/2012 10:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
ok and rarity is not a factor in how many right? If I had 1 poor, 1 common, 1 uncommon, and I tried to get a rare, I would not be able to get the rare?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
The 500 limit was in the FAQ in the beta forums.
And yes, it doesn't count quality. 3 pets, could be 3 poors, could be 3 rares. Really there's not much point in having more than 1 of a given pet anyway. I only keep a single one of the highest quality I've caught.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
The 500 limit was in the FAQ in the beta forums.
And yes, it doesn't count quality. 3 pets, could be 3 poors, could be 3 rares. Really there's not much point in having more than 1 of a given pet anyway. I only keep a single one of the highest quality I've caught.

While that is true, I could say the point was "fun". I am a collector and I find it very fun to collect all of them. So, I guess I will just work on getting a rare of each.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
If 3 of a kind is the limit, why do I have 8 wolpertingers and 7 sinister squashlings?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
09/27/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Karamia
If 3 of a kind is the limit, why do I have 8 wolpertingers and 7 sinister squashlings?

Pets obtained before Mists are excluded from this. It's the rule going forward, though.
Edited by Orethen on 9/27/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
09/27/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Karamia
Because you had that many between all your characters. They did a one-time exception to the rule when the pets from all your chars were merged to one account.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I agree with Ponyo, I am a pet collector and think it is fun to catch the ones I don't have but then if I can only get to 500 then I guess I have to be picky on which ones I get......so how do you get rid of some that you already have collected?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]